Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

She's telling some interesting stuff there.

Especially the part about Ultraviolence (song)

I love this picture :flutter:

Lana_Inline1.jpg

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Guys, didnt liked it :( i think the trap beats ruined it. But i dont know, everytime i say this i start liking the album 

But did you like the second-acoustic half? (From God Bless America to Get Free)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

She came in straight off a plane from her last show of like 60 cities, which I was actually supposed to open for. She had asked me, and I was like, “Oh my god.” But I couldn’t because I don’t want to do a 60-show tour.

:((((((((((

She flew through the door. Blond highlights, rose gold glasses, gold-tipped nails, rose gold lipstick, gold chains, gold rings, black on black on black. Very stylish. And meanwhile, I looked like a housewife of 15—flannel on flannel, because it was a cold night. And I was like, Why did I not dress up for Stevie Nicks?

i am done xDDDDDDDDD

giphy.gif

Some of the sparer, really heartfelt songs on Lust for Life reminded me of the Ultraviolence song “Black Beauty.”

That’s a sad song. In that song—[singsI keep my lips red like cherries in the spring/Darling, you can’t let everything seem so dark blue—that’s a girl who is still seeing the blue sky and a putting on a pop of color just for herself. But this [other] person—it was all black for them. And my world became inky with those overtones. [At this, Lana begins to cry, and we pause for a moment.]

:ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :(  :(  :(

You’ve said in the past that you weren’t drinking either, and yet it turns up in your music. Do you drink now?

No comment.

:brows3:

You’ve said in the past that you weren’t drinking either, and yet it turns up in your music. Do you drink now?

No comment. 

Ok, this made me angry.

giphy.gif

When she finally met Nowels, he didn’t want to change a thing. “I went through a hundred and eleven producers just to find someone who says ‘yes’ all the time,” she says. “Everyone is so obsessed with saying ‘no’—they break you down to build you up.”

Sis, sometimes that's not always a good idea.  :facepalm:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

No comment. 

Ok, this made me angry.

This part baffles me..

So-what-is-the-truth_oprah.gif

Her comments on the boys and toys line is pretty interesting

I thought she was doing an old world thing with the women and their pearls and corsets

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

Pitchfork interview is fucking lit. So candid and laugh out loud and some moments and very serious on others. Best era.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Some of the sparer, really heartfelt songs on Lust for Life reminded me of the Ultraviolence song “Black Beauty.”

That’s a sad song. In that song—[singsI keep my lips red like cherries in the spring/Darling, you can’t let everything seem so dark blue—that’s a girl who is still seeing the blue sky and a putting on a pop of color just for herself. But this [other] person—it was all black for them. And my world became inky with those overtones. [At this, Lana begins to cry, and we pause for a moment.]

:ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :(  :(  :(

I think that was a song that meant a lot for her. Maybe Lust for Life ISN'T her happy album. Just that she's trying to. Like a more adult album, because as she said, maybe she's not quite in the place.

???, ?????????

at first sight, i liked TNC, Change & Get Free fully. thats it

I don't see how y'all already saying 'This is not my favorite album' or 'This is my favorite album'.... You just listened.. It took UV months to become my favorite album of all time! :wtf:  :wtf:  :wtf:  :wtf:

well have you considered the fact that everyone is not you?

Pitchfork interview is fucking lit. So candid and laugh out loud and some moments and very serious on others. Best era.

this interview convinced me and I won't listen to this fucking leak. I don't know what to say. I see how much effort lana puts on her music and this is a part of her soul, heart and life. I will not destroy it.

giphy.gif