Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Damn, that interview was so raw and emotional. She expands on ideas and questions in ways we haven't seen since she was burned during the Ultraviolence promo cycle with the "I wish I was dead already." She's such an honest person, to a fault, even when she's saying she doesn't want to answer a question. I really respect her as an artist and a human just trying to make a life.

I think Lana's in the middle of emotions. Like, she's not depressed, she's not happy, yet she's capable of allowing herself to be happy from time to time and also capable of falling into the pits of darkness. But I still believe she's on the more happier side.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

As for the No Comment to the question about if she still drinks, I don't think it means that she is drinking again. Maybe she just doesn't want to talk about it in general since it's such a deep topic for her, considering her history. But idk, maybe she is :(

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I felt like if I was reading an interview from 2013-2014, she sounds a bit sad and serious. I hope she feels better soon. I loved this interview.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

I think that people are kinda forcing the "LANA IS HAPPY NOW!!" narrative... Lana probably has some form of clinical depression, and it's likely she's not just "cured" of that. She still sounds melancholy. This record may be lighter in mood than her other material but I'm not sure that she's all rainbows and sunshine now. She seems like she's in a better place and I think we should accept that instead of forcing L4L to be her "happy" record

I hate how much I can relate to this. I was diagnosed with depression last year and once I got on medication it went away and I found inner clarity... for 2 months. Then my depression came back, so I ramped up my dosage and it made me suicidal. I'm finally at a point again where I can feel SOMETHING and I don't completely hate myself, but I'm not cured and my anxiety isn't being treated anymore so there's that. But it's definitely difficult to deal with these issues, and Lana is very much a fighter. She won't let her sadness win. She'll channel it, she'll explore it, and she might have it forever, but she will not succumb

Oh and now Coachella in it makes sense.

ngl I've always liked the song and all but I didn't understand how it was going to fit in either, but now that we've got it in the context of the album I've honestly started to appreciate it more, and its placement. 

still wish it were called Stairway to Heaven instead tho :creep:

I hate how much I can relate to this. I was diagnosed with depression last year and once I got on medication it went away and I found inner clarity... for 2 months. Then my depression came back, so I ramped up my dosage and it made me suicidal. I'm finally at a point again where I can feel SOMETHING and I don't completely hate myself, but I'm not cured and my anxiety isn't being treated anymore so there's that. But it's definitely difficult to deal with these issues, and Lana is very much a fighter. She won't let her sadness win. She'll channel it, she'll explore it, and she might have it forever, but she will not succumb

:kiss3:  You're a fighter hunny, I have depression too and the ebbs and flows come to all of us including Lana. I think we can all use her as an inspiration!

This is probably the most personal interview she's had for several years, maybe because it isn't one of her friends phoning her for a chat. After reading it, I'm sad that Lana still feels sorta lost and that her mindset has not changed to the point that she originally envisioned the record to represent

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Am I the only one who thinks in Get Free that there's a small chunk of the vocal track missing before the last part of the first pre-chorus? Not including where or lyrics though

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19