Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

One more because my initial meltdown has passed.

Tbh this was so hard, the top 7 are almost equal.

1. Tomorrow Never Came

2. Lust for Life

3. Summer Bummer

4. GBAetc

5. Love

6. Groupie Love

7. Change

8. World At War + Heroin (TIE)

9. BPBP

10. 13 Beaches + Cherry (TIE)

11. White Mustang

12. Get Free

13. In My Feelings

I honestly Think it's her worst album idk why it's just not for me half of its good but some of it is like a parody of herself heroin,white mustang,13 beaches or the songs just ain't good beautiful people,tomorrow

Songs I like:

Cherry

Love

Coachella

Free

Change

God bless

Wtwwaw

Summer bummer

I can skip everything else

Get Free chorus is amazing

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind

I want to get off but I keep riding the ride

(she mentions Ride)

I never really notice that I had to decide

To play someones game or live my own life

(she mentions Video Games, where she said she would play video games with this guy and dedicate her whole time with him)

And now I do

I want to move

Out of the black (out of the black)

Into the blue (into the blue)

(she mentions thousands of songs where she compares blue to sadness and stuff, but i think she's trying to say that she will free herself from the darkness and enter the unknown happiness)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/lana-del-rey-lust-life-review-pop-star-selfie-generationis-real/

First review is out girls! 4/5  :creep:

(As a reference, they gave Witness a 2/5)

Does that mean we're good? I mean it seems a pretty nice review. ( in comparison with Witness :toofunny: )

???, ?????????

Does that mean we're good? I mean it seems a pretty nice review. ( in comparison with Witness :toofunny: )

witness was a shit album tho i don't know if that comparison is fair. 80% is still pretty good though. I'm excited for mom, she's really making an impression and i love her and this album

Yes!!!!! One day to go and still have only heard Love. That certainly raises the anticipation level for tomorrow. I would love to see Lana team up again with Dan Auerbach. Maybe she can record a song call East Coast.

Yes!!!!! One day to go and still have only heard Love. That certainly raises the anticipation level for tomorrow. I would love to see Lana team up again with Dan Auerbach. Maybe she can record a song call East Coast.

What kind of willpower

This part though: 

The closing track, Get Free, is an overly wordy manifesto for personal change completely undermined by the fact that she has blatantly stolen the verse chord progression and melody from Radiohead’s Creep, a much better outsider pop manifesto. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if law suits ensue.

I must me totally deaf because I just can't hear the similarity no matter how hard I try. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

girl, you been holding out on everything? damn

you bout to be shook

A lot of ppl theorised that Swan Song, the closer of honeymoon (sorry DLMBM sis!), was like foreshadowing the next direction Lana would go musically. I kinda feel like Get Free is similar for this album. It sounds really different from everything else on the record lol

Love sounds much better in the context of an intro to this album than a lead single! #facts

LFL honestly kind of feels out of place tho

13 beaches has some good moments, the chorus tho!

Cherry is still a fave! Total bop, bitch! (fuck!)

White Mustang is honestly perfect length, a cute short bop, the whistling is cute

Always loved Summer Bummer, still do. Lana's rap verse? She did THAT. And ASAP's verse is solid too

Groupie Love is #underappreciated

In My Feelings is alright, the chorus goes off!

Coachella sounds WAY better in the context of the album

God Bless America is honestly so cute w the layered vocals and typical Lana iconography and stuff

WTWWAWWKD is the song I thought would sound dark as FUCK based on the lead up to LFL, this was the song I was most worried about and it ended up being like, a highlight.

BPBP honestly it's cute but it ain't special, when I first heard Stevie's voice i instantly felt queasy #facts ... she has such a weird voice to pair wth Lana's

Tomorrow never came tho... is so cute and as someone who hasn't heard Sean's voice I was like really pleasantly surprised, serving Beatles realness (idk what I expected honestly LOL)

Heroin, Change and Get Free are great tracks but I feel like they're too long. A lot of people keep referring to them as this "three punch" strong ending to LFL but those 3 tracks run for almost 20 mins, and it really feels like it at the end of the album tbh. I think Get Free was a good closer tho and the outro is nice

These are just my thoughts obviously!

I like the new direction she's gone in, the development of her lyrics, sound, content, and her voice and how she uses it (mostly lol)

I think the Stevie Nicks & The Weeknd collabs aren't very good and really do take away from the cohesiveness of the album- Lana's built a name for herself with these cohesive little worlds she seems to create with every album and I feel like this one kind of falls short in that regard but goes further in other areas.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: