Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I don't relate to these meltdowns at all. Y'all remember Honeymoon? Miss Ultraviolence? Waiting all of 2013 for Tropico?

I don't relate to these meltdowns at all. Y'all remember Honeymoon? Miss Ultraviolence? Waiting all of 2013 for Tropico?

history doesn't repeat itself but over time it rhymes  :dance:

in this case it's dressed up and particular  :creep:

A really sadistic part of me is actually hoping July comes and goes with no album... I just gotta know what level of meltdowns we're talking about here if such an event were to take place

imagine:

july 21st - next single

october 4 - album

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif

its mostly newbies having meltdowns. Im chilling

I get the meltdowns but at the same time I don't.

Like, if this was any other artist I would understand why y'all are that mad and desperate, but this is Lana we're talking about. All of the eras (since the anticipation for Tropico until now) have been *boring* because nothing seems to happen since she does not follow the promotional scheme of a regular pop star, this is nothing new.

However, unlike the last two album cycles, this time she is serving high quality videos and she seems to be getting a big budget for them. The two videos that she has released already shit on everything from Honeymoon and most of the UV videos as well. Lets just appreciate what we have so far, because I bet that after the UV video and the recycled videos from Honeymoon no one would have expected to get a video as beautiful as Love.

zXzLCRU.png

history doesn't repeat itself but over time it rhymes :dance:

in this case it's dressed up and particular :creep:

thank u for ur input, really provided insight and new perspectives to the conversation  :creep:

HM era had less waiting than this :hooker:

She announced HM January 6, the album came September 18 lmao

The two videos that she has released already shit on everything from Honeymoon and most of the UV videos as well. 

I kinda agree but disagree too, bc I love HBTB, its iconic, and my favorite video of her is West Coast, from UV. 

I have a theory as to what's going on with Lust For Life. Lana knows she might not outsell her competition, but she certainly wants compete on a creative level. Based on everything I've read, she's recorded a truckload of songs in the last couple of years, so many that she had to drop quite a few onto the floor. Trouble is those songs may have been every bit a good as what she originally was going to put out but maybe in a different or more experimental direction. So everything is go for a May 26 release. Opps, Katy and Lorde are coming out with their new music only a couple of weeks after Lana's release date. Put on the breaks, delay the release until 5 weeks after Lorde's CD. That way she gets to hear what her rivals have brought the table and the competitive girl that she is, has just enough time to up her game even more y possibly changing the lineup by recording a few more or adding the songs that she discarded in the first place. It's just a theory but I believe it makes some sense and may also be a reason why there has been no tracklist up to now.