Say Yes to Heaven

Official Audio: "Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)"

I like that she's doing positive music this time around. It seems to me this music is more meaningful to her than Honeymoon was. It shows in how she's actually putting effort in the promo  :hooker:

Also those "shoowop" vocals, is this that 50s influence you mentioned girl?  :bop:

Shangri-La's (Mary Weiss)

Angel's My Boyfriend's back

San Francisco (where some flowers in your hair) Scott McKenzie

Monterey Pop Festival

A 1960s/1970s John Lennon style Love-In

Elton John & Kiki Dee's Don't go breaking my heart

Without You(Party Doll)

How cool is that!

Unbelievable...the best keeps getting better, and  Weeknd is better than perfect

(may every single Weeknd fan purchase purchase purchase this

Duet for all time (the Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor or Olivier/Leigh love story of love stories)

Perfection

The Summer Song on the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

"No more night... Blue Sky forever..." - night shot showing the city of angels under a trillion stars and a gigantic Moon..

I still dont get the aesthetic of this era. The album cover doesn't really suit its title track imo !

Anyway, I enjoy the song a lot ! Not my favorite lyrics throughout but it's got some nice parts ! Nice harmonies, too. The Weeknd's tone is sublime !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Oh man. I can't stop listening to this!!!!! I didn't know what to expect but this is JUST PERFECT. The beat... and I could hear ALL the little details in the production with each listen. The production is simply incredible. I'm noticing everything. Those cute little piano notes you hear in the chorus - i love that! And the beat in the verses oh my GOD. And the "doo-wop" kind of sound. AHHHHHHH. The indirect ode to "Without You", too. Yes yes yesssssss.

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

Quoting Invictus added a profoundly beautiful layer to the song. It shows where she's at now in comparison to where her mind was in Prisoner- from indulging in an appetite for destruction and having bouts of cabin fever while living in Hollywood to breaking down the cycle little by little.

Some lines made me think of Tony/Elvira ("the world is mine") & Gatsby/Daisy ("green lights forever").The breezy vamping piano playing in the background during the chorus sounds amazing- a little reminiscent of the keys used at the beginning of The Sun Died by Ray Charles.

In the first listen I wasn't impressed that much tho I liked it but now in the second one YES BITCH TAKE MY WIG  :party:  :rip:  :rip:

SHE CURED DEPRESSION,SHE INVENTED TAKING OFF OUR CLOTHES SHE'S GORGEOUS YES :thankyou:

It's a bop and I can already hear it playing on the radio :dafuq:  :dafuq:

YES QUEEN SHE DID THAT :ohmy:  :justride2:  :justride: 

I'M FUCKING SHOOK

k0AnwZF.gif