Elle

New Song "Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind" Out May 15

This is LFL's Radio, and listening to Radio and then this, you can hear the similarities. The main difference is Lana had a much bigger role in the entire production of this song than she did in Radio, I'm sure.

I just don't know why she chose the beat that she did.

In the end I like it more than most stuff on Honeymoon.

i don't think she's only just finished the album, she said recently something along the lines of how it'd be pointless for her to not talk about what's happening in the world rn. The LFL trailer references the songs and in that she talks about wondering what her contribution would be and in CWIMM she talks about her contribution being as small as hoping. I feel like this won't be on standard LFL as it's done, but she wrote a song she liked in the moment and it was relevant to the times and she wanted to share how she feels to the world, considering music is her own personal outlet. I don't think this song is to be the kind of song Love/LFL is, not a single, just a standalone/deluxe track added last minute (hence the messy production) to express and reflect on the times. i don't think this will be reflective of the album sound or should be treated as such

giphy.gif

i don't think she's only just finished the album, she said recently something along the lines of how it'd be pointless for her to not talk about what's happening in the world rn. The LFL trailer references the songs and in that she talks about wondering what her contribution would be and in CWIMM she talks about her contribution being as small as hoping. I feel like this won't be on standard LFL as it's done, but she wrote a song she liked in the moment and it was relevant to the times and she wanted to share how she feels to the world, considering music is her own personal outlet. I don't think this song is to be the kind of song Love/LFL is, not a single, just a standalone/deluxe track added last minute (hence the messy production) to express and reflect on the times. i don't think this will be reflective of the album sound or should be treated as such

I'd be down for this being a standalone.

NOT GOING TO LIE or sounds like someones low quality remix

The song would be A+ if it used beats from Off the the Races or something. Just the sound, not the entire pattern.

I feel it would be more of an 'impact' song that way, rather than an eternal demo

So she wrote this in like a week or two...? Ahaha

(It's also crazy how we can all feel the demo-ness of this track, probably cause we're used to hearing either her laptop demos or fully (six month mixed) finished studio versions :lel:)

PS. Thank you for worrying about my children and my children's children lana ily :kiss:

I also definitely see this being performed live and everyone losing their shit (with their children's children)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

it feels unfinished, im glad i'm not the only one who got the demo vibe lmao. i wish it had a more organic sound, the instrumental is too computerized it feels cold and glaring, it just doesn't mesh well imo idk lol it's not as harmonious as it could be :/ i prefer her voice with strings and drums and guitars tho so maybe that's just me being biased lol. not gonna stop her if she wants to put some 808s in her music tho

UbsOye5.png

Well I like it, and that's all that matters to me! Everyone has there own opinions and that's what makes life interesting, but I'm glad I like it, I hate the feeling of not enjoying something an artist I like releases! 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Well I like it, and that's all that matters to me! Everyone has there own opinions and that's what makes life interesting, but I'm glad I like it, I hate the feeling of not enjoying something an artist I like releases!

Same

Okay gorls it's been a full 12 hours since my CWIMM #meltdown and I can say that I've kind of not really come around to the song. I'll probably ever go back and listen to again (kind of like DLMBM or Lucky Ones) but I appreciate where the song came from, which was Lana's heart. While I hate the production and wish this was an acoustic song, it doesn't matter to me anymore because the lyrics--while somewhat cliche and tacky--are really important, especially nowadays. I'll never come around to liking this song (sonically speaking  :creep:) but I have grown an appreciation for it and I do keep singing parts of it out loud whilst I imagine a guitar strumming in the background :hooker:  

Edit: also just wanted to put it out there that this is my first Lana meltdown. I'm usually pretty cool with whatever she wants to do, or not do, with an era. I don't care about promotion or sales, I really just live for the music and the visuals... but this song.... this song changed me as a Lana stan...... I've never hated a Lana song from first listen as much as this one  :headache:  It is what it is, though! I'm glad some of you really enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the previous two LFL songs<3

I was with you guys on the production being kind of a mess and not really knowing how to feel about it on first listen. But on second listen, I really like it. It's heartfelt, different yet still very Lana, and the lyrics are sweet and interesting. The only thing I don't love is the little "stairway, stairwaaay" backing vocals during the chorus. They're mixed too loud so they kinda clash and are distracting. The whole chorus section is a little bit busy, but the more I hear it, the more I like that about it. Other than that one thing, though, I really do like the song. It takes a while to know how I truly feel about a Lana song, and I haven't totally digested this yet, but so far I'm feelin' it. Curious to see how it fits in the album and how all the songs connect with each other. 

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg