i hate that people hate this song!!!

Original demo lyrics for when the song was intended for 'Big Eyes'

Red is the color of your mouth when you drink rum punch

You like to lay in the yellow sun

And red are the color of yours eyes when you too much

You pack your place, you pack a punch

these are cute but i wanna see the reciepts

tumblr_inline_otq5kzXTS31tb95ct_540.gif

I had to look up whether stevie nicks was a man or a woman, it always confused my uncultured ass in 2017 because she sounded like a man on this track in some places. 

Also why is this the only thread where the featured artist isn't mentioned in the title? Are we pretending the album version doesn't exist because I'm down w that

On 8/30/2017 at 11:49 AM, Terrence Loves Me said:

If your gonna write that much then just be aware that everyone will scroll right past it and not care

I stg that was Lana herself and y’all cyber bullied her off this site lmaoooooo

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

It’s so weird bc the demo was so good and she changed it... and honestly Stevie Nicks was hot as FUCK in the 70s but her voice has just gotten so... rusty and not... hmm not like she used to be. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i miss LFL era! she was such a bad bitch during this time and gave no fucks (literally dropped the release date casually “july 21 fam”) the adidas obsession was so funny at the time but looking back, i think i liked the athleisure look on her more than the flannels and mom baseball caps. also she had stella and i loved their friendship.

Some things Rick Nowels posted on IG lately regarding the track -

"Lana, Stevie Nicks, Justin Parker, and I wrote 'Beautiful People Beautiful Problems' together. The record was a pairing of two of the greats.
I flew to NYC and recorded Stevie's vocal at Electric Lady Studios. Then Stevie came to my studio in LA and she and Lana sang together.
Ethan Hawke has recently used it for the trailer of his Paul Newman/Joanne Woodward documentary, 'The Last Movie Stars.' I think it works beautifully."

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

BLUE IS THE COLOR OF THE PLANET FROM THE VIEW ABOVE

LONG LIVE OUR REIGN

LONG LIVE OUR LOVE

GREEN IS THE PLANET FROM THE EYES OF A TURTLE DOVE

TILL IT RUNS RED 

RUNS RED WITH BLOOD

Brandy Crying GIF - Brandy Crying Faint - Discover & Share GIFs

WE GET SO TIRED AND WE COMPLAIN

BOUT HOW IT'S HARD TO LIVE

IT'S MORE THAN JUST A VIDEO GAME

AND WHEN I LOVE HIM GET A FEELING SOMETHING CLOSE TO LIKE A SUGAR RUSH

IT RUNS THROUGH ME

BUT IS IT WASTED LOVE?

IT'S NOT WASTED LOVE.....

This song could potentially have more history to it than we know. Beautiful People was the title of a Jay Sebring (hairstylist and friend/former partner of Sharon Tate) biopic to be directed by James Franco.

News of this broke in January 2013, and it’s funny that Lana was in talks to play Sharon in a project by an unknown director (though we can infer it was James Franco). Perhaps when Lana and James first connected in the summer of 2014, he brought this up and she wrote the first demo of “Beautiful People” (which we know was recorded in late July 2014). I wonder if she got inspiration for the title of this song from this movie that never materialized…

Charting its evolution between 2014 and 2017 is really one of the most beautiful things to have witnessed in the larger LDR lyrical arc. :poordat:

On 2/23/2024 at 4:15 PM, IanadeIrey said:

This song could potentially have more history to it than we know. Beautiful People was the title of a Jay Sebring (hairstylist and friend/former partner of Sharon Tate) biopic to be directed by James Franco.

News of this broke in January 2013, and it’s funny that Lana was in talks to play Sharon in a project by an unknown director (though we can infer it was James Franco). Perhaps when Lana and James first connected in the summer of 2014, he brought this up and she wrote the first demo of “Beautiful People” (which we know was recorded in late July 2014). I wonder if she got inspiration for the title of this song from this movie that never materialized…

Charting its evolution between 2014 and 2017 is really one of the most beautiful things to have witnessed in the larger LDR lyrical arc. :poordat:

This is a pretty cool fact. I remember in 2015 for a Billboard interview she was talking about writing scripts? Or something like that about a lady & high walls haha. It would have been wild if she actually played Sharon in a biopic back then.