Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

i used to really dislike lfl... i have grown to really enjoy it

if you had asked me in 2017-18 what my favourite tracks were i wouldve said cherry, white mustang, title track, etc but now i avoid those and i would say they’re now god bless america, TNC, coachella & get free :wowcry:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Happy birthday to her best / overhated album! Listening to this album for the first time was a journey, it started off cunty, than it went all USA, and then it ended somewhat hopeful. Get Free is THEE best track, everything about that song is perfect from the lyrics to the sound, aswell as groupie love, TNC & Heroin. Kinda sad we didn’t get the deluxe or whatever she had planned bc everything she created during this era was absolute magic. I’m super happy I was here to experience this era #lust4life :hot:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb

5 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i used to really dislike lfl... i have grown to really enjoy it

if you had asked me in 2017-18 what my favourite tracks were i wouldve said cherry, white mustang, title track, etc but now i avoid those and i would say they’re now god bless america, TNC, coachella & get free :wowcry:

Coachella best song on LFL wbk:aubrey:

Lust For Life is such an enigma, you could tell she hoped for this album to be her critically acclaimed one. The political direction that didn't land with the public. How much time and how much effort she sunk into its making. She put her EVERYTHING into it. We really did her dirty when both fans and critics panned the album. And its probably what led to her eventual burnout and departure from Rick, girly didn't wanna draft hundreds of mixes for each song no more :defeated:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Happy 7th Birthday Lust for Life!!! I can't believe its been 7 years since this came out and since I became a Lana fan!!:oprah::hot::wink:

Lust for Life you will always have a special place in my heart! :daydream::yell::point2:

♡ 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 ♡

Happy birthday to my forever favorite Lana album :thankyou:

this album had such a strong presence in my life in 2017, where every single moment with this album was tied to an event in my personal life. I’ve never, in my life, had an album where every single moment (from leaked songs, to instagram snippets and single releases) can be tied to a specific event so vividly. 

from day 1 I’ve been the biggest LFL defender, and I always will be! It’s a fun record that, as an American, truly captured the anxiety of living though the early Trump times. It might not be as deep or realized as some fans want from her, but while every artist was shying away from the political events/tensions, Lana embraced the anxieties and reassured me that other people were also feeling those same anxieties.

"Don’t forget me"

I think I'll write a big birthday speech for this album here tomorrow because I'm a bit emotional today but right now I'll say Happy 7th Birthday to Lust For Life and also my stove in the kitchen! I'm eating a cake right now to celebrate! :thankyou:

2.gif

Thank you Lust For Life for spawning the best song aka Get Free, I will always be grateful for this:xcry:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

In honour of LFL's birthday here's a little ranking:oic2:

1: BPBP

2: Change

3: TNC

4: Coachella

5: Get free

6: 13 beaches

7: Heroin

8: Love

9: God bless America

10: When the world was at war... 

11: In my feelings

12: White mustang

13: Cherry

14: LFL

15 & 16: Groupie love / Summer bummer (can't decide) 

I love every song so much and it felt bad to put masterpieces like Cherry or IMF so low

Happy 7th anniversary LFL!! I can't believe it's been 7 years!

Keeping us hot, like July forever

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952frxweny5mkjk7vbmia

616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

i remember it was the era i finally made a LB account... i was in a villa in the south of france and in that time we had the preorder, SB/GL double radio feature, the london date announcement (which i somehow got tickets for in the middle of a french motorway on my dads 4G hotspot...)... what a TIME

the peggy entwhistle conspiracies, the witchy poo concept, the trailer... i miss it more than i knew i would at the time

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Thank you Lust for Life for changing my life when I was 19. I actually turned 19 one week after the album release and it was the soundtrack of that period of my life.