Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

The Coachella bashing is getting boring. The song may not be her strongest one but LfL has worse tracks... like Tomorrow Never Came.

How dare you! TNC is great. I was talking about the shit-became-a-pop-track-for-gay-tumblr-teens song LfL or the embarassing "Ol' McDonald Has A Farm" production on GBA.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Anyone got a notification of shipping for their autographed copy in the U.S?

I'm getting nervous :rip:

No I haven't, but I think it's because I also ordered the boxset and other things that won't ship til late Sept. The email said things would ship in bulk, so you should get everything all at one. (I think lol)

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Wouldn't it ship in, like, late September? At least my coke bottle vinyl will ship September 28 if I remember correctly. :O

Yeah mine does too but I was wondering if anyone got theirs early :)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Anyone got a notification of shipping for their autographed copy in the U.S?

I'm getting nervous :rip:

No :( and I only ordered the autographed cd not the box set so I emailed them but didn't hear anything back yet

I believe that most artists perform shows that last more than an hour.

Some of the latest concerts by some artists last more than an hour

-Kendrick Lamar https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2017/centre-bell-montreal-qc-canada-1be29d5c.html

-RHCP https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/red-hot-chili-peppers/2017/laugardalsholl-reykjavik-iceland-33e5dc91.html

-Last Shadow Puppets https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-last-shadow-puppets/2016/domaine-national-de-saint-cloud-saint-cloud-france-2bfc2806.html

-Pearl Jam https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2016/wrigley-field-chicago-il-2bfcc0a6.html (35 songs wtf).

-Coldplay https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/coldplay/2017/rogers-centre-toronto-on-canada-be2bdee.html

Lana can do it, especially when we talk about a world tour. A festival tour may contain 12-15 songs because the time is limited, but a world tour with her stans should have more than that.

Lana's concert at the Montreux Jazz Festival last year was approx. 90 mins, so she definetely can do it.

GBA would be so much better if the lyrics weren't so meek and passive in nature but i enjoy it EVEN THO IT HAS LITERALLY THE SENTENCE "GOD BLESS AMERICA" THAT SOUNDS SO MUCH BUSH FOR ME so that is pretty exceptional (i didn't need gba to be blatant 101 in yo face feminism tho but still)

(i know it's an altogether american thing, but uh i get so many bush father/son memories)   

I have a question, who are these Gays i'm hearing about on this forum. Are they gay men, gay people, gay TMs with a set of pre-defined archetypes that i should know about? like does it pertain to gay women too? Am I one of the Gays? Do you include BIs? Is it an umbrella? i'm an ignorant as honestly i hardly have any straight friends and none of them stan celebrities. Someone mansplain to me please 

The fact she's still not released the WM video is as shocking as many gays actually craving another awful cringeworthy monologue

I disagree here. I love all her monologues whether it is from Ride, Tropico (especially 'Howl' by Allen Ginsberg), National Anthem or Cola. I feel like the orchestra & cinematography behind the poetry was very well done & it went along her mysterious persona.

But then it was Born To Die / Paradise era when her music videos were based on storylines & was working with the director Anthony Mandler (Lana should have never stopped working with him!).

Although she has let go many of her iconic influences from that era & writes more autobiographical & stripped down music now. I mean the songs aren't that atmospheric and visual anymore. So I don't really see how a monologue would fit for the White Mustang video.

I disagree here. If love all her monologues whether it is from Ride, Tropico (especially 'Howl' by Allen Ginsberg), National Anthem or Cola. I feel like the orchestra & cinematography behind the poetry was very well done & it went along her mysterious persona.

But then it was Born To Die / Paradise era when her music videos were based on storylines & was working with the director Anthony Mandler.

Although she has let go many of her iconic influences from that era & writes more autobiographical & stripped down music now. I mean the songs aren't that atmospheric and visual anymore. So I don't really see how a monologue would fit for the White Mustang video.

The Ride one is terrible, it's as kitschy and pretentious as the whole horrible video.

Tropico was ok, though it was a cheap excuse in order not to not have to act. Her reciting Body Electric was nice.

The NA one was good but mainly because it wasn't as long.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I have a question, who are these Gays i'm hearing about on this forum. Are they gay men, gay people, gay TMs with a set of pre-defined archetypes that i should know about? like does it pertains to gay women too? Am I one of the Gays? Do you include BIs? Is it an umbrella? i'm an ignorant as honestly i hardly have any straight friends and none of them stan celebrities. Someone mansplain to me please

Lol I didn't get that too when I first joined lanaboards but I guess it's because homosexuals are stereotyped as being very dramatic & sassy & everybody here on Lanaboards is the definition of these two things.

Since everyone is bashing I might as well vent the only song I'm disappointed in (apart from coachella obviously). I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't enjoy Heroin. Like I've listened to it a few times now and it just isn't clicking. Only the one song though so its all good, but still everyone loves it.

qsVmBMd.png