Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I think people are getting too worked up about the fact this isn't a tour but in reality I don't think Lana wants to commit to one again. She clearly doesn't like it. I think she'll be continuously announcing dates for random parts of the world. I think the lack of commitment makes her happier. It just means less time to plan when she does come around but she's trying harder this era.

But... don't they have to book the venues in advance? They can't really just go like "do you have any available dates for next month? oh, great!", especially not during summer when so many concerts are held? So I am actually a bit annoyed that she's not announcing them all at once and maybe add "more dates to come" or so. It would make it so much easier for people/fans to plan their trips, especially if they're from far away.

Oh well.  :noparty:

http://instagram.com/p/BXp39ZLlleJ/

hmm ok sweetie, but where is the tour you're talking about?  :toofunny:

Don't tell me that ring is a "gift" from G-easy.  :hdu:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

But... don't they have to book the venues in advance? They can't really just go like "do you have any available dates for next month? oh, great!", especially not during summer when so many concerts are held? So I am actually a bit annoyed that she's not announcing them all at once and maybe add "more dates to come" or so. It would make it so much easier for people/fans to plan their trips, especially if they're from far away.

Oh well.  :noparty:

It depends I suppose, venues don't have things going on every single night unless they need to. In fairness we have no idea what she's been planning and what her announcement schedule is.

Couldn't anyone just copy her handwriting, say that it's a real signed copy and get some dumbass to pay lodes of money for it? It seems so easy. That's why i'd never overpay for something like that online unless i 100% knew that it was legit. The original ones that went for sale on her website is understandable though

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Also i don't get what the Clear coke bottle vinyl thing is all about? So like you get a free coke bottle? Weird

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Not, from Stella  :creepna2:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Also i don't get what the Clear coke bottle vinyl thing is all about? So like you get a free coke bottle? Weird

I think it's a clear vinyl with like a green tint to it. Something like this tumblr_nuulh40rYa1r44cojo1_500.jpg

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

@- the two codes- one is for Monday, the second is for Tuesday

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

the original price was $9.99

which is hella cheap since its a hand SIGNED Cd

now i found someone selling them for $50 i think that was the cheapest one on eBay, i found many are selling these for more than $70

lana's sad impact

$9.99? Where? Mine was $19.99 and I thought that was hella cheap

LIZARD PEOPLE

Hi all. Just a little thought I had when I was listening to the record. I'm sure others had this thought, too -

The title "Lust for Life" is so smart. Lust is defined within the confines of "desire," which doesn't always entail achievement or satisfaction. You can really tell Lana is "lusting" for life and happiness in this part of her life, and while she hasn't achieved it yet, she's really trying (which reminds me of the song Change). It's so beautiful that she's finally looking for happiness and surrounding herself with those that make her optimistic and more aware of the world. It makes so much sense that she didn't include Yosemite (and others) because, like she said, those tracks were too happy - it would be disingenuous if she were to sing those songs and pretend she has achieved happiness in life when that's not true. Right now, she's truly lusting for life and happiness in a way she hasn't before.

Sorry for the rant, I just love her and this record so much. After listening to it over and over again, this record really makes sense (while it looks/sounds convoluted at first glance/listen).

Hi all. Just a little thought I had when I was listening to the record. I'm sure others had this thought, too -

The title "Lust for Life" is so smart. Lust is defined within the confines of "desire," which doesn't always entail achievement or satisfaction. You can really tell Lana is "lusting" for life and happiness in this part of her life, and while she hasn't achieved it yet, she's really trying (which reminds me of the song Change). It's so beautiful that she's finally looking for happiness and surrounding herself with those that make her optimistic and more aware of the world. It makes so much sense that she didn't include Yosemite (and others) because, like she said, those tracks were too happy - it would be disingenuous if she were to sing those songs and pretend she has achieved happiness in life when that's not true. Right now, she's truly lusting for life and happiness in a way she hasn't before.

Sorry for the rant, I just love her and this record so much. After listening to it over and over again, this record really makes sense (while it looks/sounds convoluted at first glance/listen).

I've been thinking the same, about the word "lust" - I just forgot to share the same thought, haha! ♥

But I'm still not over her ditching Yosemite. :crossed:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png