Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Why exactly is this place kinda dead? Is it because everyone is back at school? (sloppy reason today since it's Saturday) Did the hype die when the Best American Record WM's video came out? Not only it's dead, but there's a lot of slander for Lust For Life here recently. Like instead of growing on some people it... shrank? I mean, people are starting to look more into the bad things than the good things in the album. Is this common in every era? Anyway, I'm glad that we all still agree that Heroin and Cherry are two of the best (or the best) and that Coachella is a mess lmao. But poor White Mustang, it doesn't deserve the recent hate that it's getting.

Yes, now is the time where everyone turns on the album and starts hating it.

It happened with UV - I still remember everyone on here praying HM would be nothing like it - and it happened with Honeymoon as well and now it's happening to LFL.

image.png

as a whole i still listen and love the album, there are so many little things that make it amazing. i'm really into the ominous drone-like sounds at the beginning of when the world was at war, and the little robotic chirpings background sounds of 13 beaches  :flutter:  really sets the mood and futuristic tone.  

I feel like, Dayglo Reflection, which has lana as a feature but it's also one of my fave songs, could really fit the theme of the album, or like the themes i had in mind

So if she releases Best American Record one day, it would be with that title and not "Architecture", right? 

how are we supposed to know? lol it was scrapped. lol

I dunno but I feel like this place has become much more negative since the WM video. I love Lana and don't think she deserves to constantly being called lazy. :(

But yeah, it feels wrong to sell signed CD's and vinyls before they even are signed. That's just so wrong by the merch management staff. I hope my (unsigned) vinyl will arrive within a reasonable time.

welcome to lanaboards. this place is mostly full of people being negative (there are some lovely people tho <3 )

i call her lazy in a loving way when i do, because I see myself in her. I don't think she's lazy at all personally, i think she puts alot of effort into her music and song writing and anyone who says otherwise...i thought you knew Lana because I thought that's what we loved about her?

anyways about the CDs, i really don't understand what's happening here either. at first i was like "okay she's traveling and performing, i'll let it slide. it's understandable. now I don't understand why no one in her circle is sitting her down and being like TAKE AN HOUR AND SIGN THESE DAMN CDS!

~INSTA1.gif

Love is now certified gold in Sweden! https://imgur.com/a/S0nxJ

I'm gonna spam Universal Music Sweden's Twitter until they stop igoring Lana. They promoted her LFL on the release day and the festival she came for and that was it.

Now this is something to celebrate! :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ok, Lana must have read Rolling Stone's tweet on her video since they wrote "See Lana Del Rey's gloomy new video for WM" - that's where she must have heard it. Because I didn't see any fan who called it gloomy, everyone on YT and social media seemed to praise and love it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

They did? Lol i never got anything. I hope the clear vinyl doesn't take over a month to ship

oh hell no honey, im emo asf rn and my clear vinyl is suppose to be my saving grace from tying the noose. 

giphy.gif

Tell me a good one from HM or L4L?

And I don't care if u disagree :hottie:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: