Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Yeah, the post about music videos is mostly false and assumptions that make no sense.

Lou Reed on a Brooklyn Baby video that was never planned to happen? Art Deco? That's not real lmao

And people are real quick to believe that WM video was originally for BAR. It almost makes sense if you want to get into a long, drawn out theory. But it's all speculation

Don't forget that some scenes match very specific lyrics from BAR and her instastories where she hummed BAR and then someone asked her if she wanted to do "the other song".

The Art Deco thing is not really an speculation, it's more like something that the fans would've liked, but in all fairness it was a lousy thing to not surprise everyone by including Art Deco in the Freak video. On the other hand, people would've complained about the boring visuals for Art Deco since the rest of the video is just some girls swimming.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Was lurking and I don't know if someone pointed it before (sorry if) but while checking UO

"Comes complete with a download link to the visual album."

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-exclusive-2xlp?category=vinyl-records&color=100

Re-Release as a visual masterpiece confirmed :creep: n

Yosemite Edition confirmed

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

she literally fucking hums the song on set and is then asked if she's switching to the "other" song to which she replies yes. ofc it was for BAR. hardly speculation

I'm just saying we don't know the context of the director talking about the other song?? I know she fucking hums the song, I saw the video....I'm just saying that the video where she fucking hums the song was super short and there wasn't a lot of conversation before or after that part. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but look up the definition of speculation and you will see that this conversation, is in fact, speculative.

Assuming that she recorded this video for two separate songs is speculation because nobody from the set (including Lana and the director) ever said that this happened. It's assuming without confirmation.I'm not saying it didn't happen, I said it almost makes sense. I'm just saying that nobody has confirmed this but people assume it's true.

Edit to remove my bitchy comments....:)

There's no more chasing rainbows
And hoping for an end to them
Their arches are illusions
Solid at first glance
But then you try to touch them
There's nothing to hold onto
The colors used to lure you in
And put you in a trance

Those are honestly the best lines in the whole album. :hair:  It's like realizing that everything you've tried to reach, all your goals, were not as you imagined them to be. You tried so hard to go there and when you did, you got disappointed and now you've finally accepted the facts. :wowcry:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Its true, it is mostly all assumption, it doesn't matter how it looks/sounds or what people say..............if it hasn't actually been officially confirmed, its assumption. She can sing BAR for 5 hours on set of the WM video, still doesn't mean we know that's what it was for really, its all speculation.

wrong sweaty. not when we have the entire Change.

Not when we have: "I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about marzipan, taken all my medicines... to take my thoughts away (:wowcry:) I'm getting on that aeroplane, leaving my old man again, I hope that I come back one day, to tell you that I've rea-lly CHAAAAAAAAAAANGED" :oprah:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Not when we have: "I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about marzipan, taken all my medicines... to take my thoughts away (:wowcry:) I'm getting on that aeroplane, leaving my old man again, I hope that I come back one day, to tell you that I've rea-lly CHAAAAAAAAAAANGED" :oprah:

RT

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Not when we have "and what about all these children and all their children's children" lolol

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Obviously it's different for everybody, I personally just adore this:

Packing all my things for the summer
Lying on my bed it's a bummer
'Cause I didn't call when I got your number
But I liked you a lot

Like this part is just so  cute and awww and the way she pronounces I liked you a lot makes me melt

Beating_Heart.gif

Honestly i love cringy shit but Coachella's lyrics are literally so cringy and awkward... even for me. Defo her worst lyrics in her entire discography, the "what about all their parents" and "childrens children" lines are just weird and annoying

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Honestly i love cringy shit but Coachella's lyrics are literally so cringy and awkward... even for me. Defo her worst lyrics in her entire discography, the "what about all their parents" and "childrens children" lines are just weird and annoying

I mean, I can understand the "children's children" part because she worries about the future and the future that might come generations to come. But parents..? I don't understand. That the parents might worry about their children's future? That the parents are affected by unemployment, health care and such?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I cry at almost all of the lyrics of Heroin but

"Life rocked me, like Motley

Grabbed me by the ribbons in my hair..."

is one of my favorites because she sings those words so soft and quietly even though they depict a scene of violence and chaos.