Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

So we all agree that In Summer Bummer is Lana's worst song right just checking

Yes

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

absolutely not

absolutely so

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

If she had scrapped Summer Bummer, In My Feelings, Coachella and maybe White Mustang, she would've snatched that AOTY nomination :oprah3: :oprah3: :oprah3:

I like them but let's be honest here.

Summer Bummer has gotten the most radio plays though :/

In australia anyway

If she had scrapped Summer Bummer, In My Feelings, Coachella and maybe White Mustang, she would've snatched that AOTY nomination :oprah3: :oprah3: :oprah3:

lol no

if she had selled 900k+ or smthing she sure would have snatched it.

???, ?????????

Summer Bummer has gotten the most radio plays though :/

In australia anyway

Not saying it's entirely bad but that and the other 3 songs I mentioned are the messiest songs (imo) :eek: 

lol no

if she had selled 900k+ or smthing she sure would have snatched it.

Okay I exaggerated with the "AOTY" thing but it would definetely be more consistent.

Anyway, what didn't happen, didn't happen, she was still very nice for giving us 16 tracks when other fandoms get 10 - 12.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

if she made coachella acoustic and dropped WM, IMF, SB, and honestly prob even WAW she might've gotten a lot better reviews from critics

a big complaint was that there was too many songs, they all praised the first few and the last 3-5 songs but around early middle is where it got hella fatty

obv the more songs she makes the better for us, but from a critic standpoint lorde basically has 9, some kinda mediocre but she's up for AOTY. When you have like 5 great songs and four whatever it makes the album seem soooo much higher in quality and content and value than if you had 7-8 really good-great songs, 2-4 okay to good songs, and then however many which are either sub par, don't fit, should've been standalone singles, or simply didn't reach their potential? it makes the album look worse. 

but lbr none of that matters and lana could do a chris brown and drop a >2 1/2hr album and we'd treat it album of the century

also lets not forget decent promo and transparency would've also hyped up lust for life, lana. :crossed:

remember when we all gagged at the idea of LfL being her radio come back (even her team thought it could've been...then never pushed it :rip:

or how Cherry is easily the poster child for bops in her discog, and yet isn't a single yet :crossed:

Not saying it's entirely bad but that and the other 3 songs I mentioned are the messiest songs (imo) :eek:

Okay I exaggerated with the "AOTY" thing but it would definetely be more consistent.

Anyway, what didn't happen, didn't happen, she was still very nice for giving us 16 tracks when other fandoms get 10 - 12.

poor lorde fans  :teehee:

???, ?????????

She still wouldn't have won though. We all know how the industry loves to rob Lana

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Queen of getting on the most pretentious hipster year-end list

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-50-best-albums-of-2017/?page=2

I feel like whenever they put her on a list like this there is always criticizing/sassy undertones. I think it's maybe just me, but I still get the feeling that no one takes her seriously besides us... I think I'm still traumatized by those Lana criticisms from 2012-2014

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg