Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I had a dream Lana and Taytay Swift became a lesbian outlaw country duo. Wasn't bad

Constantine is going off.

I've always hated the swearing in Cherry but today I actually started to like it. I don't know, it's kinda funny and it adds sassiness to the song and now the clean version doesn't sound that cool anymore. Except that in the clean version I can hear the drum roll which is eargasmic.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I've always hated the swearing in Cherry but today I actually started to like it. I don't know, it's kinda funny and it adds sassiness to the song and now the clean version doesn't sound that cool anymore. Except that in the clean version I can hear the drum roll which is eargasmic.

After listening to it for the past few months I can definitely see where the album is tongue-in-cheek. It's sort of this persona or character that Lana created who's so over-the-top about saving the world and Hollywood and emotionality... like an alien from a distant world who's in love with very particular relics of humanity and doesn't want to see those go away. It's actually a better experience for me, even to listen to songs like Coachella, when thinking in this perspective. And it really matches up with Lana's personality lately. Quirky, retro artistry with a sincerely love and passion for the world... personified in a caricature that sings on the moon to vintage teens and lives in the Hollywood sign and throws out random little curses, so human and natural and unfiltered.  

Does anyone think we'll get one more video this era? I'm thinking no - but then remember she released Freak music video nearly six months after Honeymoon was released.

If so, what song? Seems weird she wouldn't take advantage of Cherry or even GBAAATBWIT...

did u order it from UK store?

Nope, from her webshop with European currency. :) ... Wait, maybe they’re the same because all you need to do is changing the currency?

Does anyone think we'll get one more video this era? I'm thinking no - but then remember she released Freak music video nearly six months after Honeymoon was released.

If so, what song? Seems weird she wouldn't take advantage of Cherry or even GBAAATBWIT...

I’d say no since she still have a few performances to do before the touring starts and the South American festivals.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

wait there's a clean version?! not that i like clean versions but i wanna hear this eargasmic drumroll lol

~INSTA1.gif

Like we're not used to see the media lampooning Lana :oprah3:

wait there's a clean version?! not that i like clean versions but i wanna hear this eargasmic drumroll lol

Yes! Maybe you could get it in the Request Thread because I don't know if the link that I used works anymore (and honestly I also don't know where it is lmao)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Like we're not used to see the media lampooning Lana :oprah3:

Yes! Maybe you could get it in the Request Thread because I don't know if the link that I used works anymore (and honestly I also don't know where it is lmao)

oh yeah i meant to do that right after i posted in here and never did lolol

~INSTA1.gif

Every time I remember how many of the tracks we don't have, I just start listening to Change, and it's like none of them existed 

Taste! One of the best songs on the album... we don't talk about it enough tbh... also i think it's some of her best storytelling

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Taste! One of the best songs on the album... we don't talk about it enough tbh... also i think it's some of her best storytelling

I think so too, that and 13 Beaches. But back to Change, it's just got this fragile sound to it, that somehow sort of ushers in courage and strength to keep going. I'll admit when I first heard it on her insta, the verses weren't to my liking, but everything just fit in beautifully. It's so solemn 

UV/Honeymoon

I think so too, that and 13 Beaches. But back to Change, it's just got this fragile sound to it, that somehow sort of ushers in courage and strength to keep going. I'll admit when I first heard it on her insta, the verses weren't to my liking, but everything just fit in beautifully. It's so solemn 

I agree! The melody in the verse "there's something in the wind" is so chilling and creepy, i paint a picture in my head of some old enchanted forest and an innocent princess sat by the pond, who ends up tasting the water and becomes something dark.. her hair turns to black and she starts to see life as it is (symbolises depression) idk.. it's just a masterpiece :wowcry:

Also... i think lana's next record might be all lizzy grant (vocals and style-wise) because at the end of Get Free it's as though her Lizzy vocals get louder whilst her Lana vocals grow quieter.. it could mean she's putting her LDR persona.. (voice, sad songs) behind her and is stepping back into Lizzy but with a happier sound.. that would be quite a smart followup

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I agree! The melody in the verse "there's something in the wind" is so chilling and creepy, i paint a picture in my head of some old enchanted forest and an innocent princess sat by the pond, who ends up tasting the water and becomes something dark.. her hair turns to black and she starts to see life as it is (symbolises depression) idk.. it's just a masterpiece :wowcry:

Also... i think lana's next record might be all lizzy grant (vocals and style-wise) because at the end of Get Free it's as though her Lizzy vocals get louder whilst her Lana vocals grow quieter.. it could mean she's putting her LDR persona.. (voice, sad songs) behind her and is stepping back into Lizzy but with a happier sound.. that would be quite a smart followup

Lizzy's comeback would be sooo good..but I don't think it's happening..lizzy grant had the nostalgic and innocent feeling of youth...but I guess she could make some songs like Yayo or Oh say can you see

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Lizzy's comeback would be sooo good..but I don't think it's happening..lizzy grant had the nostalgic and innocent feeling of youth...but I guess she could make some songs like Yayo or Oh say can you see

the lizzy thing gave me chills... her second best era.

341e352c9925b3ef7bc5edfb50e3597e.jpg

The thing about a Lizzy comeback was that AKA was written at a time when Lana really was young and naive, she seemed to be fetishizing the seediness of the life she was living, that's what made Lizzy so unique. But Lana's life isn't like that anymore. It'd be interesting to hear a maturer Lizzy sound, but I don't think it'd sound much like AKA