Elle

Next Music Video: White Mustang -- OUT NOW!!!

Was it this post Clamp? I get it, I really do. It's crazy but I mean, if you sort of tilt your perspectives a bit, it actually fits the track imo 

If you mean my first thoughts of the video, then no. That was just me being a crybaby that the video got released when I had to get my bike from the repair shop and was late by 50 min to watch it or something. :creep:

Here you go:

Ok.

My first thought was "whut?".

Because it starts great, the scene is filled with emotions and you don't know what gonna happen and then she squats over him like gurl I was NOT ready for that. The house and the city look amazing as well - it could actually be in some near future since it still looks similar to our world but the guildings are different.

But then when the guy sits at his desk and just ignores her... it screames Best American Record to me. It's so obvious that this video shooting was made for the song. Too bad she shared that video on her IG story, otherwise it would've been less obvious (for a little while at least).

But she's finally in power - she's dominant, she leaves him and she's ready to live her life the way she wants to. Maybe that's why they also added Get Free. "I wanna move, out of the black, into the blue" kind of feeling.

But man... that bar scene where he's gonna play live... it screams even more of BAR, even though I thought we would get a combo music video with Groupie Love when I saw the teaser footage.

And finally, as already stated in this thread: "All the roads lead to you" is PERFECT for that tunnel where they meet. However, I wonder why they chose to play this line form Get Free "[...] who never got to fly at night 'cause they were caught up in the dance". Does she imply on herself and this guy in the video for that part? Even though it makes no sense at all? And the trumpet solo makes no sense either, it just feels like a filler to make the video longer. It was great in the teaser clips, but here... with all the "flashbacks" (a.k.a. re-used footage as fillers) is just a nope from me.

And then she clearly leaves him.

The end.

But like... Lana. You look gorgeous. Love your earrings, heels, dress and makeup. And the futuristic city. But this video makes no sense at all since it's so obvious that it was made for BAR and all the mimic scenes are gone.

Nope.  :crossed:

Although I have to say that this might have been one of her videos with the better production, along with Love.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Not some of you thinming another video is coming ... Lana sealed LFL's grave with that half-assed vid. IF we'll get another one, it will be august 2018 to show us Lana hasn't moved to the nex project jet.

we can still get that Change Visualizer she teased when she first posted about the song  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  i think even that would be better than WM

If you mean my first thoughts of the video, then no. That was just me being a crybaby that the video got released when I had to get my bike from the repair shop and was late by 50 min to watch it or something. :creep:

Here you go:

Ok.

My first thought was "whut?".

Because it starts great, the scene is filled with emotions and you don't know what gonna happen and then she squats over him like gurl I was NOT ready for that. The house and the city look amazing as well - it could actually be in some near future since it still looks similar to our world but the guildings are different.

But then when the guy sits at his desk and just ignores her... it screames Best American Record to me. It's so obvious that this video shooting was made for the song. Too bad she shared that video on her IG story, otherwise it would've been less obvious (for a little while at least).

But she's finally in power - she's dominant, she leaves him and she's ready to live her life the way she wants to. Maybe that's why they also added Get Free. "I wanna move, out of the black, into the blue" kind of feeling.

But man... that bar scene where he's gonna play live... it screams even more of BAR, even though I thought we would get a combo music video with Groupie Love when I saw the teaser footage.

And finally, as already stated in this thread: "All the roads lead to you" is PERFECT for that tunnel where they meet. However, I wonder why they chose to play this line form Get Free "[...] who never got to fly at night 'cause they were caught up in the dance". Does she imply on herself and this guy in the video for that part? Even though it makes no sense at all? And the trumpet solo makes no sense either, it just feels like a filler to make the video longer. It was great in the teaser clips, but here... with all the "flashbacks" (a.k.a. re-used footage as fillers) is just a nope from me.

And then she clearly leaves him.

The end.

But like... Lana. You look gorgeous. Love your earrings, heels, dress and makeup. And the futuristic city. But this video makes no sense at all since it's so obvious that it was made for BAR and all the mimic scenes are gone.

Nope.  :crossed:

Although I have to say that this might have been one of her videos with the better production, along with Love.

Cool I see it now. 

Wait, was Get Free really cameo'd in the video? I haven't heard it in there at all! I think for me, her being more of the dominant one in the relationship was a great indicator of the video with White Mustang playing, bc for BAR, I always pictured her being left behind: how her lover used to dance in her design, architecture, and all the roads leading to him, and how he chased the fame and ultimately left her for the thousands of girls with the way he played. 

Regarding Get Free (which I have to relisten to in the vid) maybe they wanted others to think how someone's being held down from their sense of fate by something they think they wanted? Hence why she drives out and around, until they meet for the last time. 

I kinda like the Mexican music at the end, it was pretty somber imo, and it reminds me of DTLA, to which sorta adds to the city and the tunnel too

UV/Honeymoon

Cool I see it now. 

Wait, was Get Free really cameo'd in the video? I haven't heard it in there at all! I think for me, her being more of the dominant one in the relationship was a great indicator of the video with White Mustang playing, bc for BAR, I always pictured her being left behind: how her lover used to dance in her design, architecture, and all the roads leading to him, and how he chased the fame and ultimately left her for the thousands of girls with the way he played. 

Regarding Get Free (which I have to relisten to in the vid) maybe they wanted others to think how someone's being held down from their sense of fate by something they think they wanted? Hence why she drives out and around, until they meet for the last time. 

I kinda like the Mexican music at the end, it was pretty somber imo, and it reminds me of DTLA, to which sorta adds to the city and the tunnel too

Yeah, it's somewhere where the missile is lifting off! And I like the trumpet solo too, but it felt kinda off in this video... it sounds good though. But I liked it in the teasers she shared. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yeah, it's somewhere where the missile is lifting off! And I like the trumpet solo too, but it felt kinda off in this video... it sounds good though. But I liked it in the teasers she shared. :hooker:

I'm gonna listen to that with headphones on next time ahahahahaha 

I get what you mean tho, I mean why would she even need to add that into the video? I mean the track's pretty short, and the vid was longer, but the way I look at it, it was added to sort of have a kind of life goes on, continuation kinda vibe to it. I mean she just left her man and is driving off to who knows where. It's like one of those take it as it is moments. There is a lot of Hispanic influence in LA so I could see how she'd add to that for the vid. 

The trailers did make it seem a lot more than what it seemed to be for in the actual vid yeah  :whine:

UV/Honeymoon

Sorry if this was discussed already, but was Lana's house really used for this video? If so, do we have pics of the actual house and balcony? I'm curious to see how it compares to the opening shot.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Sorry if this was discussed already, but was Lana's house really used for this video? If so, do we have pics of the actual house and balcony? I'm curious to see how it compares to the opening shot.

:creep:  :creep:  :creep:  :creep:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Do you think there's a complete video for BAR? If it was intended for that song I would assume they made a whole video for it. Maybe we'll see it if Lana releases BAR in the future, but definitely don't expect that.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I don't get why people are saying LFL is dead because some people didn't like the video.

it's only been out for a couple of months. Plus WM isn't even a single...if her label wants to release another single, which I think is likely, they may want a video treatment for it.

But honestly stopping all videos and singles 2 months, for a #1album, isn't likely, in my opinion. Of course it's all speculation, who knows

Also until Lana or somebody who worked on the video confirms that two videos were shot, IDK what to make of that. The comment about "the other song" and BAR playing softly IS strange...but...idk

Is it like confirmed the vid is another case of Lana just using old footage that was meant to be for other song? LMAO

DEAD

I think the video is beautiful. I won't lie that I expected something more...hm...I just expected something else. But the vid is really beautiful, well edited... it just lacked a "point" I guess 

Do you think there's a complete video for BAR? If it was intended for that song I would assume they made a whole video for it. Maybe we'll see it if Lana releases BAR in the future, but definitely don't expect that.

If Lana releases BAR, she won't show us the complete video for it. If she releases BAR then it would be included in that 25 unreleased song thing but that's it. And that's not even realistic, to be honest  :toofunny:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

If the video was for BAR originally, could be great, Love video could be in shook

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: