Sign in to follow this  
expandableclitoris

Lana Discusses Unreleased Music, Potential Re-Releases on Instagram Live

The greatest hits of Lana Del Rey featuring Auto-toon LOON

by work, I take that to mean, it is a lot of work to remaster stuff.

Perhaps, an avenue to explore would be an official (on her site) archeive much like Bruce Springsteen has, with tons of not released stuff and live shows in chronological order

or a made-to-order mail order only older stuff box sets that don't need to be re-done, but released as-is.

Most of Lana's unreleased stuff is owned by Lana herself, and does not need to involve her record company at all unless a licensing deal would be made

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

With so many of these songs already made, I imagine not all would need too much altering, though I'm sure a few will be changed up.

If she releases this, the label doesn't really need to pay for that much surely. Some song release rights and studio time at the most would be where costs lie, I mean, didn't Lana say she built a studio in her house in L.A?.....I think. Either way, she is well connected with producers/musicians, surely she can pull a few strings to get this project off the ground at a small cost.

I doubt this will be pushed as a major release, so its not like there will be all this money invested in promotion. Plus shes not a mega seller anyway, not since UV, so its not like the studio need her to make up huge cost amounts, especially while shes touring all the time and generating returns for the label with that.

She has a decent sized  fanbase, the label wont forget her #1 LFL debut, that gives her a lot of credit, even if final numbers aren't massive, they aren't massive for most people, she still proves she has an audience. I doubt they'd mind handing over some money for a small release like this, shes not a huge costly type of artist for them compared to other acts.

With so many of these songs already made, I imagine not all would need too much altering, though I'm sure a few will be changed up.

If she releases this, the label doesn't really need to pay for that much surely. Some song release rights and studio time at the most would be where costs lie, I mean, didn't Lana say she built a studio in her house in L.A?.....I think. Either way, she is well connected with producers/musicians, surely she can pull a few strings to get this project off the ground at a small cost.

I doubt this will be pushed as a major release, so its not like there will be all this money invested in promotion. Plus shes not a mega seller anyway, not since UV, so its not like the studio need her to make up huge cost amounts, especially while shes touring all the time and generating returns for the label with that.

She has a decent sized fanbase, the label wont forget her #1 LFL debut, that gives her a lot of credit, even if final numbers aren't massive, they aren't massive for most people, she still proves she has an audience. I doubt they'd mind handing over some money for a small release like this, shes not a huge costly type of artist for them compared to other acts.

You just said everything I was trying to type last night but I was too high and gave up lol

There are lots of ways this could see the light of day and still give her label a profit, I'm sure !

I'd rather she not release unreleased songs. I rather have new stuff. Why get songs we already have?

I get this but at the same time it could mean amazing re-recordings and new versions with different productions and maybe even different lyrics and such.... it'd just be perfect and would probably appeal to almost if not ALL stans

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

I'd rather she not release unreleased songs. I rather have new stuff. Why get songs we already have?

Because so much of the material is excellent and only a small portion of her fans have heard most it. It deserves to be out there in HQ for the masses to find it, not streamed on youtube.

Because I still believe I heard Queen of Disaster a whole summer on radio before I even knew Lana that well and can you imagine how much money she would've gotten from that? IT WAS ON REPEAT on the channel I was listening to, several times a day they played it! I'd love to get my hands on an album with unreleased songs because I love them and wanna support her by buying them, but I also really want radio stations to play her songs so people stop thinking of her as some sad chick who wants to die - that's not the Lana I know! Yes, she has melancholy lyrics and slow beats, but she's also full of life, sassy and sweet. :flutter:

Can you imagine turning on the radio and hearing Hollywood, Hundred Dollar Bill or any other bop being played? Imagine your friends like them too?

I want that for Lana.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She really only mentions a couple, the rest are fans throwing names at her and her just saying yeah casually.

okay so i've been wondering how it'll be released. is this something that Interscope is gonna put the okey on, or will she have to find an alternate route to release it? i know she's been more open about her relationships with different artists (some of which have their own labels, or have the connections), and she could honestly self-release it with the amount she's amassed over the past couple of years. I really hope this is for real and not just some casual mention of a project that will never see fruition. she did say that "she's GOING to rerelease Hollywood at some point" and i could not have been happier. AND APPARENTLY IT GOT LEAKED WITH THE WRONG PRODUCTION AND HOW COULD THAT BE BECUASE THE LEAKED VERSION IS ACTUAL AURAL MAJICK. I JUST FUCKING LOVE LANA MAN AND I WANT ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS.

what really worries me here is that whether lana was not going to go through this project we would probably never know, i feel that if she ever actually decided to drop that idea she won't tell us and i'll be stick in limbo forever hoping for this to happen because man i really want this to happen 

yes it could be some cool limited edition for collectionneurs, i just really want to have my official released tracks and i think she would sell well in japan and europe where she has many fans willing to pay but most of them aren't hardcore enough to know her unreleased stuff. i just ideally think they deserve recognition and to become "legitimate". leaked songs are like b***ards that don't get their own mv, radio appearance, and rightful spotlight 

the general consensus here seems to steer towards either releasing them as they are/remastered at most or with a newer production ft her latest beats; ok the latter aren't my faves either but i'd take a new production tbh. the songs would be easier to remix thus to commercialize and i can still take my previous orphaned leaked songs and add them to the right album if i'm not happy with them 

we've seen lana taking calls for honeymoon (no matter how short it was) and willing to call her fans, to be closer so she could release this album digitally and sell the physical copies by pre-ordering them  

it's very feasible but since her people might think it's not very lucrative it can easily be let down, if she releases unreleased songs we have never heard about too people could still be hyped. man i'm thinking way too much about this 

i mean how cool it would be if she released this album and did a documentary style/home video short movie about her working process, her recording and an interview for instance you know about her progress as an artist, etc etc  

also kool and serial killer could be dope as movie/series soundtracks i don't know if it's the case already she could make even more monnney  

CANT BELIEVE I NEVER SEEN THIS.... wow such an idiot but Im so happy that these songs are being considered. Hollywood is a must, happy she thinks so too!

Edit: Just saw that I posted in this thread before, but I never seen that video. I wanted to make that clear lol

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I just remembered that a few years ago she joked/spoke about releasing a compilation called "The Leaked Sessions".

I'm not sure how serious she was being but perhaps this has been an idea floating around in her head for a while now!

Still praying for this release!