Luda

Lana Del Rey Genre?

Ya'll severely wrong! :whoopi:

When I reveal to you the true genre of Miss Del Rey you're gonna be like why has it never occurred to me before?!

Are you ready?

Drum roll....

The genre of Miss Lana Del Rey...

... is...

AMERICANA MELANCHOLIA!

tumblr_m9u8yiPiq81reay9ko1_500.gif

:whitney:

Alternative and pop are both fitting genres I'd say, considering all of the material that's come out. BTD and Paradise, as someone else said, are classified as Indie Rock when you import it into iTunes, but I'm not sure if that has any meaning at all.

I'd say it's basically pop music. It just doesn't seem like pop music nowadays because everyone correlates pop with generic, but that doesn't have to be the case at all.

Bless you. This bears repeating.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I have Born to Die, Paradise, AKA, and (most) of her unreleased music as indie pop. Sirens I have under folk, and some unreleased songs (like Disco, Get Drunk, Pin Up Galore) as Unknown because I have no clue what they are :(

I have Born to Die, Paradise, AKA, and (most) of her unreleased music as indie pop. Sirens I have under folk, and some unreleased songs (like Disco, Get Drunk, Pin Up Galore) as Unknown because I have no clue what they are :(

they're heavenly ;) 

4r9w86.jpg

I like to use weird genres but with her unreleased stuff, I have it all as Alternative because there's a big range but I don't like having more than one genre on the same album and 'alternative' is basically what I use when I don't have a clue.

For her albums I have:

Sirens - Alternative folk

AKA - Surf Noir

BTD - Hollywood Sadcore

Paradise - Baroque Pop

I just thought they sounded nice  :creep:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

What genre do you see Lana as there's a wide variety of opinions on this ranging from pop sub genres to rock sub genres,trip hop and alternative music or do you just see her as the genre she's created for herself "Hollywood sadcore" even though her sound changes between albums.

And do genres even matter anymore?