Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

Word for word from wiki on the song "Creep"-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creep_(Radiohead_song)

​"Creep" shares a chord progression and melody "The Air that I Breathe" a 1972 song recorded by the Hollies.

​The songs writers Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood sued and received co-writing credits and a percentage of the songs royalties.

​According to Hammond, "Radiohead agreed that they actually had taken it...Because they were honest they weren't sued to the point

​of saying We want the whole thing'. So we ended up just getting a little piece of it

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

The similarity is obvious. I noticed as soon as I heard it for the first time, but still I hope she wins the case because they're just too greedy.

I never liked "Creep" but I'm not a fan of "Get Free", either (the fact that it sounds like Radiohead's song doesn't help). I love "The Air That I Breath", though.  :D

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I remember a few years ago a band let a youtuber put their own music in her videos because they were friends but the record label (I think) tried to sue her anyway. So I don't know if you can blame this entirely on the band.

I'm really worried seeing people saying stuff like "radiohead who" or "nobody knows them"... I mean, wtf guys you fucking know shitty artists like Halsey and Melanie Martinez, how don't you guys know one of the biggest/most famous alternatives bands? 

I'm really worried seeing people saying stuff like "radiohead who" or "nobody knows them"... I mean, wtf guys you fucking know shitty artists like Halsey and Melanie Martinez, how don't you guys know one of the biggest/most famous alternatives bands?

They’re from 20 years ago, i dont know any teens who know them.

Part of the people that say they don't know them are just "joking" because they're mad about this whole situation.... 

But there's a great amount of people that doesn't know them. Or just knows 'Creep' since it is their most famous song.

That said... nobody knows them, radiohead who?  :oic:  :oic:  :oic:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Because Radiohead debuted about 10 years before most Lana fans were even born. It's not like they've remained massively mainstream throughout the 2000s/10s. I'll admit I only really knew Creep and Karma Police before this whole drama, and that's purely down to my parents liking them and playing them sometimes.

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin...