Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

Remember when the same thing happened with Video Games and Lolita and the song Blind by De Kift. I don't know if they sued her, though. Poor Lana, I don't think she wants to ruin her name purposely.

that sample with lolita was so smart

sampling is clever if you know how to do it..but this version didn't make it to the album so 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

that's what her haters do lol I mean, yesterday I saw a woman claiming that Lana said that she was really poor and didn't have money to eat, and I was like "what? Lana never said that"

"I haven’t had anything done at all. Anyone who’s known me will tell you that. I’m sorry, but I was living in a trailer park for a few years. I didn’t even have enough money to buy Cocoa Puffs. It’s not like I crawled from under the bridge and got surgery. I’m quite pouty. [Laughs.] That’s just how I look when I sing." - Complex Mag, 2011

Lol I just remembered the Coco Puffs part & googled :P

"I haven’t had anything done at all. Anyone who’s known me will tell you that. I’m sorry, but I was living in a trailer park for a few years. I didn’t even have enough money to buy Cocoa Puffs. It’s not like I crawled from under the bridge and got surgery. I’m quite pouty. [Laughs.] That’s just how I look when I sing." - Complex Mag, 2011

Lol I just remembered the Coco Puffs part & googled :P

omg did she say this? lmao I'm quite pouty..gurl 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Remember when the same thing happened with Video Games and Lolita and the song Blind by De Kift. I don't know if they sued her, though. Poor Lana, I don't think she wants to ruin her name purposely.

they commented on yt:

Vonden wij ook erg jammer dat Lana del Rey onze bas en drums niet op haar album gezet heeft. Had mooie publiciteitsstunt geweest.

We also found it very unfortunate that Lana del Rey did not put our bass line and drums on her album. It would have been a nice publicity stunt for us.

they would have loved to have their work  sampled on BTD, it seems. on the other hand with the greek song it's mostly people noticing similarities when minor keys are used 

God , i can't imagine how Lana feels. i know none of us know her personally , but we all can't help but agree with each other that Lana is probably feeling torn through all the criticism. it hurts me to know someone i love so much is getting bashed that she's a "copier" or a "fake". Lana holds this song dearly to her heart and from the peacemaking she has tried to do in the past and purity in soul for her fans i truly feel she would have done all the right things if she found inspiration from Creep by including them in the rights or something. it's unnecessary for people who barely know her life story to start shaming her from calling her ugly to claiming she only wants attention when in reality we know that attention is the last thing Lana Del Rey wants from the world ( i mean look at her promo for everything lmao ) i just send my love to her and hope that as she sees these arenas filled during the next month that she knows she is still , and will , always be loved by her fans.

giphy.gif

If Lana was lying, then why would she choose to speak about it at her show with such certainty? Sorry but I can't really see her misleading her fans to that degree. It also sounded like she was emotional, too. So this whole thing sounds like bs.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I don't get how people are getting sucked in by this. Lana's statement is 100% compatible with what Radiohead's publishers have said - If they're talking to her about asking for credit, and she's refusing, the next step is going to be a lawsuit. Lana's just telling it how it is - they've asked her to do something, she's refusing, and the only alternatives Radiohead have are to drop it (which it doesn't look like they're willing to do) or go to court. Anyone who calls her a liar is either being disingenuous or dumb.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

give all of them a credit, life goes on. 

it's the best outcome, instead of having to give up 40 to Radio and 40 to Hammond/Hazelwood. Isn't that all the same as offering 40%?

then have some DJ release a remix of all the songs on one and have another hit that isn't officially official

(now if only somehow this controversy can finally get BTD to #1 next week in its 300th week 

Right now- Lust for life is #2 on ITunes Alternative album charts and #52 on the main top 200 album chart

and Born to die is #39 on the I Tunes Alternative album 100

Honeymoon #72 Paradise #78 Ultraviolence #85  so all of her albums are on the Alternative chart

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

What happened with Lolita?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Not beacuse I am Lana's fan

but I really have not heard any similarities before this video!

Now, I can say, this 90% the same song!

:shh:

Who is that in your avatar??  :creepna:

qsVmBMd.png