Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

go compare the hip hop beats in btd and lfl. btd’s are lush, energetic, and beautiful. lfl’s are generic, cheap, sound like garage band, and make her music lose its vintage flare

what. the production and hip hop beats were the worst thing abt BTD. like if you read reviews from the era, those 2 things are p much universally criticized or even downright mocked, and rightfully so. the whole thing is both over- and badly produced and the beats sound like someone googled "hip hop beats stock sounds" and called it a day. and don't get me started on the yeahs that accompanied the beat in almost every single song. regardless of how one feels abt LFL in every other aspect when compared to BTD, the beats & production were an undeniable improvement.

this has to be a joke, right?

not in the slightest. i know nostalgia is one hell of a drug, but the production in BTD quite simply sucks. me and 219465 music critics all hear it, and i'm p sure we're not all alone.

not in the slightest. i know nostalgia is one hell of a drug, but the production in BTD quite simply sucks. me and 219465 music critics all hear it, and i'm p sure we're not all alone.

You and 219465 music 'critics' should just stick to mediocre trap music, it seems like that's the the kind of production you're drawn to.

You and 219465 music 'critics' should just stick to mediocre trap music, it seems like that's the the kind of production you're drawn to.

yes, i'm sure that's it. luckily for us, judging by her latest albums & musical evolution Lana seems to feel exactly the same way so i won't even have to switch artists, i'm in luck.

yes, i'm sure that's it. luckily for us, judging by her latest albums & musical evolution Lana seems to feel exactly the same way so i won't even have to switch artists, i'm in luck.

Unluckily for you, she's over the hip hop / trap fad that you seem to favor. Now I don't have to switch artists either. 

I love the beats on BtD just because they were so influenced by 90's and early bling era hip hop beats. I kind of wish she would do something more jazzy and more hip hop influenced if you get what I'm saying. Like a cross between million dollar man live and the diet mtn dew demo.

I love the beats on BtD just because they were so influenced by 90's and early bling era hip hop beats. I kind of wish she would do something more jazzy and more hip hop influenced if you get what I'm saying. Like a cross between million dollar man live and the diet mtn dew demo.

Anything is better than mediocre cheap trap beats. Brought to us by Boi1da.

I actually always enjoyed the beats on Born To Die. Don't get why y'all try to come for them - they are an essential part of the album.

I'd love an album with more dramatic drum-rolls like on Cherry though or if she ACTUALLY did a trip hop-esque record a la Portishead/Puracane/Archive

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Guys..who are we trying to fool...LDR6 will just be a continuation of LFL, with similar lyrics, similar production and kinda the same aesthetic...cause since she is gettiing happier and happier she also seems to kinda lose her remarkable creativity....I hope I'm wrong tho....this is just me being a pesimist as I usually am and setting my expectations really low 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I have a question for ya'll. If you could have LDR6 based off of the sound/lyricism of 3 songs, what would they be?

Either lyricism of Fine China, Is This Happiness & Religion or the sound of Wayamaya, Hawaiian Tropic and Maha Maha although it'd never happen again :defeated:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif