Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

If I'm being honest, I hope Lana doesn't tease new songs through Instagram like last time. Sure, it would be nice to know what sound the album is going to be, but I also want it to be a surprise. I feel like we heard too much of the snippets and when I listened to the full song, it didn't feel as special? And yeah, you don't have to listen to the snippets but it's hard when other people have and they talk about it.

For awhile I was trying to figure out why LFL felt different for me, and realized it was because of this. With BTD, UV, and HM, I heard no snippets, just the full album or singles prior to release. The experience was so much better

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Tbh I don't give honeymoon much credit but I listen to it so often in my car lately. Because it's very subdued in a lot of ways I feel like I overlook how good it is. It's not my favourite record, but my god, I'm so grateful she did that. I want her to do another "vanity project", her music is best when she's making it for HERSELF. I think that's where LFL falls flat for a lot of people, because we're so used to these really well constructed little worlds we can melt into, and suddenly she's singing with us very clearly in mind, which honestly just fucks up her vibes.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

If I'm being honest, I hope Lana doesn't tease new songs through Instagram like last time. Sure, it would be nice to know what sound the album is going to be, but I also want it to be a surprise. I feel like we heard too much of the snippets and when I listened to the full song, it didn't feel as special? And yeah, you don't have to listen to the snippets but it's hard when other people have and they talk about it.

if she didn't do that, we wouldn't know about Roses Bloom for You!

giphy.gif

Do ya'll think Lanaboards will still exist when we're all old hags?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

If Lana is still releasing music, then yeah.

There's a Prince fan forum that's like 20-30 years old.

giphy.gif

If Lana is still releasing music, then yeah.

There's a Prince fan forum that's like 20-30 years old.

they must be STARVING

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I get that. I don't mind the snippets so much, but I just hate it when she teases us with stuff that doesn't end up on the record (Yosemite and RBFY, anyone?). And I hate it when the teasing begins a zillion months before the actual release of the album. That was my main problem with the LFL promo: don't do interviews talking about songs when your track listing is not complete, Lana!!!

Hoping that Happiness is a Butterfly won't be released in November lol.

​@terrencelovesme

I​'m already there

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

​@terrencelovesme

One thing is certain-

in 20 years, Lana will be in the rock hall of fame and Elizabeth will be in the Songwriters hall of fame.

Set in stone. Matters little if she ever has hit singles

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Dang, I hope so!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Tbh I don't give honeymoon much credit but I listen to it so often in my car lately. Because it's very subdued in a lot of ways I feel like I overlook how good it is. It's not my favourite record, but my god, I'm so grateful she did that. I want her to do another "vanity project", her music is best when she's making it for HERSELF. I think that's where LFL falls flat for a lot of people, because we're so used to these really well constructed little worlds we can melt into, and suddenly she's singing with us very clearly in mind, which honestly just fucks up her vibes.

i would die if she made another "vanity project" honeymoon is her best ever   :air2: