Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I think when Lana has good ideas for a video she ends up cancelling them because they might cause contreversy, like the allegedly cancelled ultraviolence video

I do think Lana's videos are still great though, the Love video was amazing and Honeymoon's videos might've been very low key but I think they were fitting. Ultraviolence's videos are also underrated, I love the west coast video so much, but yea her BTD/paradise era videos were alot more creative

she is marketing dumb bc if it caused controversy she would have better charts and selling and views on her videos  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

she is marketing dumb bc if it caused controversy she would have better charts and selling and views on her videos :facepalm: :facepalm:

Well I think it’s her label who doesn’t want the controversy...even if it gets views

^ I mean, I love how her lyrics can kinda just confuse her audience if you really aren't listening to the words, but a lot of her music has heated wrath to it, so that's just pretty controversial in and of itself. Cola, Paradise, basically Ultraviolence and others.

So for me, it's ok if the videos aren't as controversial, so long as the music gets to dance and weave itself its story through the visuals. I mean SOC had guns, and her with Mark Mahoney in it, daddy issues, which is pretty revealing if it's something you're not used to, but it was curated and made beautifully as if it existed all along. 

I really think that she does the videos to kind of just relay or echo what the music's saying (like yeah forsure more so than others) in a diluted way as of late to make it more interpretive to connect to the audience, but sometimes writing something about it, and sharing it through film doesn't exactly equate the same frequencies in intensity, either one or the other, bc then that'd just be overkill imo

UV/Honeymoon

i wish she went back to UV era videos, they were all perfect. from the cinematic SoC to the grungy WC to the lo-fi UV, what i loved about them is that they put mood/visuals over narrative, so they fit the songs perfectly.

i know this isn't a popular opinion, but i'm not a fan of her more literal, story-oriented videos that kinda try to illustrate the song (like Ride, HBTB or Love - which i especially dislike bc it feels like i'm watching a commercial for a lifestyle brand). the idea for Freak was interesting, but the execution was a mess & it was the wrong song to begin with.

my ideal Lana video would be a mix (in terms of style/mood) of Blue Jeans, all her UV videos & her initial homemade ones.

i wish she went back to UV era videos, they were all perfect. from the cinematic SoC to the grungy WC to the lo-fi UV, what i loved about them is that they put mood/visuals over narrative, so they fit the songs perfectly.

i know this isn't a popular opinion, but i'm not a fan of her more literal, story-oriented videos that kinda try to illustrate the song (like Ride, HBTB or Love - which i especially dislike bc it feels like i'm watching a commercial for a lifestyle brand). the idea for Freak was interesting, but the execution was a mess & it was the wrong song to begin with.

my ideal Lana video would be a mix (in terms of style/mood) of Blue Jeans, all her UV videos & her initial homemade ones.

When you say blue jeans do you mean the homemade version or the official version, either way I like the concept. 

LDR6 better serve quality or serve radio friendly bops

meh songs that are not radio friendly can stay home  :hooker:

i mean if she flops at least she better flops with dignity

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

LDR6 better serve quality or serve radio friendly bops

meh songs that are not radio friendly can stay home  :hooker:

i mean if she flops at least she better flops with dignity

ugh this is what happened with LFL, it was commercial to an extent but not commercial enough to go mainstream

giphy.gif

LDR6 better have UV’s guitars or AKA’s beachy vibes

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

ugh this is what happened with LFL, it was commercial to an extent but not commercial enough to go mainstream

i know and she didn't even promote the most commercial side of the album like cherry or 13 beaches 

LDR6 better have UV’s guitars or AKA’s beachy vibes

yes this is what I want exactly

what I missed the most from LFL is that the album doesn't give me a vibe like her previous albums did

AKA,UV,HM gave me that in 100%

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Yeah I mean most of the photos related to the album gave me a vibe (celestial, hazy) , but not the songs

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Monologues are so lame. We can left them in 2012 tbh

Ride monologue will be played at Lana's funeral. It's that good. The only thing better than a monologue is the song that follows it.

OT: Groupie Love with just an instrumental bridge instead of A$AP Rocky's part is magical

idk if I can live peacefully on this earth if lana will never be able to top UV and go back to the hazy cali stoner psychedelic sound at least one more time  :pray2:  a grunge album with tropico level visuals so I can completely forget about the disappointment that was LFL please.

I really hope she doesn't go more pop even if it's radio friendly 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7