Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

and okay 1/20 of the songs that are being played on the radio are not that bad

also video games,born to die etc played on the radio and weren't trash at all

where are you from? im like the only lana stan who has never heard a song of hers on the radio except for the SS Roach Gervais remix and a random play of Lust For Life 

​first off, with dictator trumpPutin and his messenger boy Pence, it takes away from many states.

1) what does the govt have to do with radio hits

2) are u brainwashed? blink twice please

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

tumblr_inline_owzuduAzRM1sjxjnz_500.jpg

what i mean is, she's nothing like artists like ed sheeran or sia who completely changed their style just to make money and hits, she tried new stuff to see if it worked but at the end of the day they're still typical lana songs in terms of lyrics and stuff so... yeah, i don't think we can say she changed for the general public 

what i mean is, she's nothing like artists like ed sheeran or sia who completely changed their style just to make money and hits, she tried new stuff to see if it worked but at the end of the day they're still typical lana songs in terms of lyrics and stuff so... yeah, i don't think we can say she changed for the general public 

I think production-wise they are a completely different sound. Maybe that's why I don't like them, there's something not cinematic about them and that's why I feel like she changed.

where are you from? im like the only lana stan who has never heard a song of hers on the radio except for the SS Roach Gervais remix and a random play of Lust For Life 

Greece and yes you can still listen to some of her songs on radio like video games, blue jeans , west coast,lust for life

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

​@Sparklejumpropenoose

​one needs radio in all 50 states, not just the great ones to be a #1 in America from airplay. (not talking about streaming.)

​And the biggest hit of last year was Luis Fonsi  & Daddy Yankee's mega hit, and Ed Sheeran's pair of hits, and the danceshit of

​Chainsmokers.  What do all 3 have in common- all are male.

​Drake is currently #1 for 8 weeks now

​even the ultra sweet/cute Havana got to #1 for one week, but again, that was Cuban based.

​(So the best thing would be a duet with Lin-Manuel Miranda, wouldn't it?

​and Lust for Life could have been a big radio hit perhaps, but did their recompany promote it (and its the record companies that decide on singles... one of the reasons it didn't is because it would be scandalous in 1/3 of America, even though Lana doesn't even actually

​mean to take off her clothes, its a metaphor 

@DAMN- in America, no most people cannot say they hear her songs on the radio​

​funny thing is, in Canada, you can. But not in America on the pop stations (not that I listen to them).

​Of course 99% of the time I am listening only to her and like you, I want MORE songs, the more the better

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@DAMN- in America, no most people cannot say they hear her songs on the radio​

​funny thing is, in Canada, you can. But not in America on the pop stations (not that I listen to them).

​Of course 99% of the time I am listening only to her and like you, I want MORE songs, the more the better

tea. i rotate between pop, urban and Alternative radio stations and have NEVER heard her apart from the trash Cedric Summertime Remix (that doesn't even play anymore anyways )

Why do we want Lana to get a radio hit anyway? The idea is just so unrealistic because she's not that kind of artist.

You’re right. She doesn’t need it anyway. In my country, a Lana song has never played in radio, maybe just summertime sadness remix and that’s it, and if you ask for your mother and teacher who are Lana Del Rey, they don’t know her... but, in her show, there was 100,000 people watching. She doesnt need rádio because she is an internet artist. People know her from YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, not from hits at all.

I’ve heard Lana’s music on some college station when I used to live a few miles away from a college, but that’s it. She’s too mainstream for alternative stations, not mainstream enough for pop stations. It’s funny because I feel like she’s a house hold name at this point.

I’ve heard Lana’s music on some college station when I used to live a few miles away from a college, but that’s it. She’s too mainstream for alternative stations, not mainstream enough for pop stations. It’s funny because I feel like she’s a house hold name at this point.

this is what I had said at the past

like you listen to the radio crappy trash mainstream pop songs or boring "alternative" songs

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Lana has always been an album artist rather than a singles artist which I personally think is amazing. She can make whatever music she feels like making and the album will do quite well because she has the type of fanbase that will buy every variant of her album without even thinking. All of her albums have peaked at either #1 or #2 on the Billboard 200 charts which is insane as she never promotes her music or even seems to care about it as soon as it's released.

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't think she has any reason to try to get a massive single tbh. Her management would be dumb to try and make her a singles artist because she is already such a strong album seller when she makes the music she wants to make

FzytWEW.png

when wc dropped we were hyped bc alternate stations picked it up and received her well now people in here think any type of exposure she gets is her selling out nn.

she better watch out the next time we get a steven klein photospread bc that's probably gonna be seen as selling out soon enough.

i76mrxw.png 

I really want songs lyrically like Fordham Road and A Star For Nick on this album. >_< (finally, the right thread.)

giphy.gif

when wc dropped we were hyped bc alternate stations picked it up and received her well now people in here think any type of exposure she gets is her selling out nn.

she better watch out the next time we get a steven klein photospread bc that's probably gonna be seen as selling out soon enough.

I don't see it as her selling out, i just don't think that Lana being on the radio is really needed. Like @@ultralife stated, she doesn't need that exposure because she already has a solid and loyal fanbase that is willing to by everything she creates without any promotion whatsoever, which is pretty impressive. So it's not that we don't want Lana on the radio, it's just that nobody will care and Lana won't benefit much from it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

she really is, i don't know a person who doesn't know her and her music (whether they like her or not)

You’re right. She doesn’t need it anyway. In my country, a Lana song has never played in radio, maybe just summertime sadness remix and that’s it, and if you ask for your mother and teacher who are Lana Del Rey, they don’t know her... but, in her show, there was 100,000 people watching. She doesnt need rádio because she is an internet artist. People know her from YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, not from hits at all.

Video Games, Born To Die and Summertime Sadness (not the remix) were huge radio hits, though. Heck, even Dark Paradise got quite a lot of airplay, even though it charted at #42 here.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

It's kinda unconscionable what u're saying about radio music. I hate when people generalize everything and we know that some radio music is actually decent. Of course there's some shit as well but not everything is bad. Lana's music deserve to save our radio stations. I've heard Dark Paradise in my country so some of them have taste. 

giphy.gif