Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

There's pop and pop though, if she serves me some Serial Killer x St Tropez x TOSTB album, I'm gobbling up like a bukkake and I don't care if it's radio friendly

Exactly what I was going to say loll

8nl2OpX.png

i don't think any of us really actually want to hear her on the radio and that's some true ass tea baby

It IS, we followed Lana because her entire Anti-Mediocrity sound and image and just everything about her.

It screamed fresh and was very against being anything that was a part of the general public's taste.

LDR6 better serve quality or serve radio friendly bops

meh songs that are not radio friendly can stay home  :hooker:

i mean if she flops at least she better flops with dignity

no we don't want bops we want sad, classic lana. the radio can choke, it doesn't deserve to ruin her art.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It IS, we followed Lana because her entire Anti-Mediocrity sound and image and just everything about her.

It screamed fresh and was very against being anything that was a part of the general public's taste.

yes ok but she needs to make money and if her songs become hits and will be played on the radio then we should just be happy for her, and we know she will never change her style or vision just to appeal the general public

no we don't want bops we want sad, classic lana. the radio can choke, it doesn't deserve to ruin her art.

so you want her to be depressed for the rest of her life? .....................

i don't think any of us really actually want to hear her on the radio and that's some true ass tea baby

exactly, most lana fans hate radio anyway because we actually have taste so i dont give a fuck if her songs are never played on them

I mean lana totally wants to be on the radio and she has stated that it's important for her

and okay 1/20 of the songs that are being played on the radio are not that bad

also video games,born to die etc played on the radio and weren't trash at all

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

so you want her to be depressed for the rest of her life? .....................

not her, she can be happy and make happy music in her own little way, i don't mind the happy songs i actually think they're sweet. but why can't she stick to singing the blues even if she's in a happy place? she knows her fans love it

For every era, I loved the first video she put out, because it gave an idea of the vibe of the album. But I don't watch Lana's videos as much as I used to. I prefer new music over a new video. This is why I am happy she put aside Cherry to concentrate on something new. Sure, for the first two albums, her videos cemented her image and they were fantastic.
​I believe she wanted the LFL era to be this big stunning suite of videos (the aesthetics are killer, really, for the three of them, maybe not as compelling to watch after two minutes lol). But to work with a famous director requires a lot of time when it comes to editing those videos, and the music industry has changed: we are over an album much sooner than before. Many artists do what Lana does: they work hard for a video or two, promote (to a certain degree lol), go on tour (in order to get some cash in, since albums sales and streams are not big bucks anymore), and do it all over again after a year or two at the maximum.

You all are missing a big point- and this is solely about America-

​to get a hit single in America- (that isn't stream based or rap or Latin or Country these days), one needs it to be RADIO friendly

​and that is a crapshoot in America.

​first off, with dictator trumpPutin and his messenger boy Pence, it takes away from many states.

​Even the song from the Webber album, it might hit if pushed the AC charts but it's not going to do a massive crossover.

​I do think the easiest way would be through both rap and country.

​Someone above wants another National Anthem video- well hell, it took Rocky to be in it, and half the people on this thread want NO rap

with any black artist. (the video wouldn't have been the powerhouse it was without JFK being black.)

​and some people (again those that hate the rap songs on Lust for life) want Serial Killer---YET Rocky does the moan that Lana does in Serial Killer. Hypocritical anyone???

​BTW- I love both Summer Bummer and Groupie Love and want rap duets, country duets, a duet with Gaga, 

​(hell- Gaga got the hits but Lana had the early cred (polarizing as it was for both) and the cred is greater today so the ying/yang of the two

​if 100%. 

​but chasing radio airplay is a fools dream. And at the end of the day, Lana is 32 and radio is NOT playing 32 year olds any more than

they are playing 60 or 70 year olds, except on the AC and AC40 charts, or as Paul McCartney did with Kanye and Rihanna sort of putting one past the radio people, but again both Kanye and Rihanna are black so it could be pulled off.

​and perhaps had the record companies released Lana/Sean's duet, it would have become a major hit for both of them and a Grammy winner,

albeit it would have gotten alternative and AC and AC40 and perhaps Folk Americana and Rock airplay (and of course both would have heavily promoted vinyl for it).

​btw, didn't Aranoff's work with Lorde bomb on the singles chart? Sure it started strong but that was streaming. Did it actually achieve

top 40 pop? Did Jack's Bleacher album have pop hits? (and still waiting for that first major song on the singles chart for the Black Keys

​or Jack White.

​Why chase something that is not needed to chase?

​or be forewarned and endure a Lana/Ed duet as that would probably chart higher than a Lana/Elton duet.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

not her, she can be happy and make happy music in her own little way, i don't mind the happy songs i actually think they're sweet. but why can't she stick to singing the blues even if she's in a happy place? she knows her fans love it

the fact is that making music doesn't mean doing what the fans love but doing what the artist loves and feels, it's a form for expressing their feelings and so lana should be free of doing it in whatever way she wants to, people change over the years and so does their vision and music directions so accept it and move on 

i totally see lana's style in all of these songs and i don't think she sold her to the industry with those either 

Why do we want Lana to get a radio hit anyway? The idea is just so unrealistic because she's not that kind of artist. She isn't Gaga or Britney or Katy plus we know the general public sleep on her all the time

idk in my opinion i honestly do. itll be great to hear a song of hers in a medium that isn't my damn iTunes library

and im tired of people asking who the hell is she. my cousins only know of her name bc of me. some people didn't even know she released honeymoon and lust for life in the last 3 years

My vision, when it comes to Lana and her music is this: I have always seen her as a vast tapestry of different genres and she loves to explore them. And I love that. She doesn't have a niche, she goes around from one album to the other. Each one has a solid and unique sound. And I am ready and curious to see how this one will play out, how  it will connect and differ from the others.

​I love how when can't define what she does (pop? alternative? orchestral? dreamy? sadcore Hollywood? folksy? alt-rock? all of the above?)

​Expectations are often killing the joy we could get out of a new album.