Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

You Must Love Me remains her best cover

Sorry but not when Chelea Hotel #2

Β 

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

They were hanging a lot last year and she actually had mentioned that she worked with him but for his project

Β 

i know they hung out, but that's not what i meant. he just seems like a super improbable person for a collab to me: he's not that well known outside the uk (unless you're an AM fan or a milex shipper) and his is just not the type of music i'd associate with Lana, it's a bit too... idk, lad rock-ish.

i know they hung out, but that's not what i meant. he just seems like a super improbable person for a collab to me: he's not that well known outside the uk (unless you're an AM fan or a milex shipper) and his is just not the type of music i'd associate with Lana, it's a bit too... idk, lad rock-ish.

Sis she recorded the best alt rock album in recent memory

Β 

Sis she recorded the best alt rock album in recent memory

Β 

with dan auerbach from the black keys, whose vibe & musical style is an entirely different one. i know she's no stranger to alt rock, but alt rock is a not a homogeneous entity. dan & her had in common the folksy, dark americana in both their music, lana & miles kane from good old merseyside have in common... the fact that they're both musicians, i guess lol.

Β 

either way, idc who she collabs with - especially if it's in their album. this was just an observation, bc lana doesn't come to mind when i listen to this type of brit rock. if it were AM, maybe, since they now seem to believe they're american, lol.

Β 

with dan auerbach from the black keys, whose vibe & musical style is an entirely different one. i know she's no stranger to alt rock, but alt rock is a not a homogeneous entity. dan & her had in common the folksy, dark americana in both their music, lana & miles kane from good old merseyside have in common... the fact that they're both musicians, i guess lol.

Β 

either way, idc who she collabs with - especially if it's in their album. this was just an observation, bc lana doesn't come to mind when i listen to this type of brit rock. if it were AM, maybe, since they now seem to believe they're american, lol.

but she’s always had rock influences, even in her Lizzy days

but she’s always had rock influences, even in her Lizzy days

Β 

of course she did, and early songs like jimmy gnecco & axl rose husband or her constant mentioning of glam rock bands prove it. that's absolutely not my point, tho.

Β 

music not the blingΒ 

Β i76mrxw.pngΒ 

@99centlips​  response #1266

Β 

SHE (Lizzy/Lana/Elizabeth) recorded the best 6 albums of all time, musically without genre Β 

AKA

Born to Die

Paradise

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life

Β 

and I will predict the new one will be the 7th.

Β 

nothing else comes close.

Lana isΒ our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlsonΒ Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons,Β Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I was re-watching Lana's work with Anthony Mandler today (National Anthem, Ride, Tropico) & did I just see Lana's brother Charlie Grant for a split second in Tropico?

vlcsnap_2018_04_06_20h22m53s153.png

Β 

Yes that’s her brother

I was re-watching Lana's work with Anthony Mandler today (National Anthem, Ride, Tropico) & did I just see Lana's brother Charlie Grant for a split second in Tropico?

vlcsnap_2018_04_06_20h22m53s153.png

Β 

My bussy just shifted gears... he needs, to oil my cogs....