Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'm all for an EP sounding like Change, but I hope the momentum builds through it. Idk about an entire album like it sonically. I wonder how it'd be paced.

I'm looking at these songs for something similar to the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3UUuUClMi4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJkETkfdSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk

UV/Honeymoon

MRW everyone wants a folk album

You’re boring me to death and I’m already dead

Hey now, I want a Crybaby-style album.

giphy.gif

i dont think the leak stop BAR from being released. i honestly think BAR wasnt released because it has "Best American" in the title and she now sees that america isnt the great thing she thought it was. didnt she say she wanted to distance herself from her americana imagery? lol but she did release GBAAATBWII lol idk 

maybe she realised that LFL wasn't the best american record

ultraviolence is best american record

wig

respect me its 3am here in brazil i cant sleep

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I'm all for an EP sounding like Change, but I hope the momentum builds through it. Idk about an entire album like it sonically. I wonder how it'd be paced.

I'm looking at these songs for something similar to the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3UUuUClMi4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJkETkfdSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk

Taste!

She’s releasing another album/ep soon? Can she just take a break and figure out her next sound? No one wants rushed music with botched production.

I want another EP. Speak for yourself.

someone needs to go throw Eclipse’s twink ass in jail, hes over here trying to find the lead single

Yo, maybe he could get us info on the new era if he does get the lead single and leaks it.

giphy.gif

Recommend music similar to Lana Del Rey pls :(

Honey Gentry

Soft voice + slow moody songs + psychedelic guitar = love

who was that user who used to say "reported, thank you" i miss him

It was Coney Island King

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

i dont think the leak stop BAR from being released. i honestly think BAR wasnt released because it has "Best American" in the title and she now sees that america isnt the great thing she thought it was. didnt she say she wanted to distance herself from her americana imagery? lol but she did release GBAAATBWII lol idk 

Excellent point. This actually gives me newfound hope for the release of both BAR and Yosemite on the new record lol. She did, however, change the title from BAR to Architecture, so something was definitely up with that title. 

i don't buy this tbh. LFL is still chockful of americana, both in song titles and lyrics (not to mention the album cover itself). and "best american record" was used almost as a criticism & borderline sarcastically in those lyrics, unlike, say, "god bless america" where the lyrics seem to be unironic, so i honestly don't think that was a factor at all.

Since Lana gives us new music every year, like a prolific queen that she is, now my perception of when artists should drop new albums is way different. I forget that for other people it may take quite a long time to get an album done. I'm always expecting new albums from everybody that I like in a span of 1 to 2 years max..but then I remember that they're not Lana and that it takes more time for them to come up with a new project

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I think people again are forgetting that wanting America to be like it was prior to the dictator trump taking control thanks to KGB Putin's ownership and friendship of him, does not mean one wants to give up America.

One wants it to go back to the way it was and into the future with the Obama philosophy (and she liked an American named Barack in her song "American".

After all, America was founded on protest, and the ones who protest are the patriotic Americans. 

The ones that hate America are the trump deplorables, the steve Bannon deplorables.

And in a world where in 2018, perhaps the only great leader at the moment is Canada and Justin Trudeau, along with pockets of great states in America (ahem, the Blue ones) (and Lana is out of the black and into the blue)

and she said in CHANGE that Change is staying and fighting

now, she is hinting folk or country

Guess what folks- that means Americana if one wants to find a label for a genre that makes any sense and commerciality.

Which would also be known as Alternative Country (and the kind not necessarily played on the 124 stations that chart for billboards airplay country (as opposed to their main chart Country Songs which is all types.

Cruel World (the song) was basically a much more sophisticated song that perhaps a Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert would unearth and sing 

and being in a happier place doesn't mean the music can't be dark. Because it is apples/oranges to meaning.

(And there are happy oranges and sad apples and vice versa) 

One makes a left turn in Nashville, and that is the crossroad between country and Americana

Are we gonna see Lana at the CMA fan fest signing autographs in the different booths?

That would be amazing and she would not even have to sing at all, to get all the publicity in the world.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I think people again are forgetting that wanting America to be like it was prior to the dictator trump taking control thanks to KGB Putin's ownership and friendship of him, does not mean one wants to give up America.

One wants it to go back to the way it was and into the future with the Obama philosophy (and she liked an American named Barack in her song "American".

After all, America was founded on protest, and the ones who protest are the patriotic Americans. 

The ones that hate America are the trump deplorables, the steve Bannon deplorables.

And in a world where in 2018, perhaps the only great leader at the moment is Canada and Justin Trudeau, along with pockets of great states in America (ahem, the Blue ones) (and Lana is out of the black and into the blue)

and she said in CHANGE that Change is staying and fighting

now, she is hinting folk or country

Guess what folks- that means Americana if one wants to find a label for a genre that makes any sense and commerciality.

Which would also be known as Alternative Country (and the kind not necessarily played on the 124 stations that chart for billboards airplay country (as opposed to their main chart Country Songs which is all types.

Cruel World (the song) was basically a much more sophisticated song that perhaps a Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert would unearth and sing 

and being in a happier place doesn't mean the music can't be dark. Because it is apples/oranges to meaning.

(And there are happy oranges and sad apples and vice versa) 

One makes a left turn in Nashville, and that is the crossroad between country and Americana

Are we gonna see Lana at the CMA fan fest signing autographs in the different booths?

That would be amazing and she would not even have to sing at all, to get all the publicity in the world.

Trump isn’t a dictator, he’s just dumb

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

@lonelylolita

dumb​ was anyone that believed a word he said when trump has never told the truth in his life

​dumber is anyone that voted for him

​even dumber is anyone who believed the lies spewed by Nader and the Paul racists and the extremist Sanders,who said both parties are the same

​(and they haven't been since the change over southern strategy in the 1960s)

even most dumb is anyone today who would still vote for trump, or anything to do with trump if they had to do it all over again

(same as every other country like UK would undo brexit if they (hopefully) get a new vote (Smart is the Queen and Parliament for wanting to undo it while they still can)

​what is true is that

Putin is more deadly/dangerous than Khrushchev 

​and trump is 100x lesser than either JFK or LBJ in a Bay of Pigs scenario

​now back to the show

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp