Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I agree.

And I believe we have all been a bit too jumpy and harsh-judging the «sing it for my babies on the tourlyfe» line a bit too soon. It was, after all, a 25-second snippet, not the whole damn song. And since Lana is a storyteller, her songs tend to need a bit of growing on you in order to appreciate them fully. I remember that many snippets from LFL and UV sounded not like much at first listen, but in the context of the song and album, they made sense. 

Ummmm IMO the Lust For Life album sounded better in snippets

Just speculation here... 

But who are the major pop female releasing in the next months and when? Ariana for sure...

If Lana releases an album this summer, it will be on a strategic date, empty of major female singers mostly, in order to have a possible number one on the first week (it's really all about that first week in the entertainment business nowadays). 

a 2018 summer album feels too soon after flop for life

Yeah it at least needs to be over a year later, so it could be Autumn 2018 at the earliest

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

let's talk the fucking THEME OF THE ALBUM, i know its been used by Ratsey but wow i study astrology and the world of magic a lot and if Lana had an album based off the universe of magical influences and wonders of the moon and the underworld it would be magnificent. in a sense the galaxy and space was used for LDR5, but it didn't go in depth. if the stories of actual witchcraft and how the stars can influence your life it would be amazing. imagine the imagery ! and the tone being grungy or psychedelic !

giphy.gif

I'd really like an " autumn " album for LDR6

I associate UV with summer, HM with spring and BTD/PD with winter so I'd enjoy an album that fits my idea of a fall album- something filled with guitars, percussion, some strings and some jazz influences too. Kind of like Pet Sounds-esque production

To me, Honeymoon is late summer; it reflects that feeling of being sick and tired and irritated by the strong heat. It's when everyone has retreated from the sun and the fields are quiet and asleep in the afternoon

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

let's talk the fucking THEME OF THE ALBUM, i know its been used by Ratsey but wow i study astrology and the world of magic a lot and if Lana had an album based off the universe of magical influences and wonders of the moon and the underworld it would be magnificent. in a sense the galaxy and space was used for LDR5, but it didn't go in depth. if the stories of actual witchcraft and how the stars can influence your life it would be amazing. imagine the imagery ! and the tone being grungy or psychedelic !

I'd really like an " autumn " album for LDR6

I associate UV with summer, HM with spring and BTD/PD with winter so I'd enjoy an album that fits my idea of a fall album- something filled with guitars, percussion, some strings and some jazz influences too. Kind of like Pet Sounds-esque production

Yeeeesss!!! That would be the best direction for the new album. More members coming through with taste, I love this

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

At this point, I don't care if it's a summer or fall album. I will let her do her own thing and I get that she will release the damn thing on a strategic date, to have a chance of having a number 1 again. Plus 2018 seems like a very busy year for female singers (Ariana, Madonna and maybe even Gaga).

​The only thing I don't agree on with her promo was to post the snippet to HIaB so early before the release. Always a mistake to tease a bunch of crazy and craving fans like us.

​The only thing I don't agree on with her promo was to post the snippet to HIaB so early before the release. Always a mistake to tease a bunch of crazy and craving fans like us.

AGREE she always does it to early