Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

if the album is more positive or sadder, I don't care either. The only reason why I wanted a happier sound for LDR6 is because the snippet sounds more peaceful, and a couple of scrapped songs from the previous record seemed as well.

​Anyway, I realized, with LFL, that I wanted Something a bit too specific and I was clinging to every tid bit of info, official or not, about the damn record, and it took me a while to let go of my expectations. The rumours can be «harmful» to some extent. Now I want the scrapped songs from LFL so bad... :defeated: 

let's talk the fucking THEME OF THE ALBUM, i know its been used by Ratsey but wow i study astrology and the world of magic a lot and if Lana had an album based off the universe of magical influences and wonders of the moon and the underworld it would be magnificent. in a sense the galaxy and space was used for LDR5, but it didn't go in depth. if the stories of actual witchcraft and how the stars can influence your life it would be amazing. imagine the imagery ! and the tone being grungy or psychedelic !

i loved the t s eliot interlude. i'm here for fatalism angle.

:illumilana2:  :pray2:  :lanahottie:  :suicide:  :lanahairflip4:

Hopefully LDR6 is just one word and doesn't follow her "more than one word" curse that produced Born to Die and Lust for Life. Not that they're bad albums, just a little messy.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Love (vocally only), Best American Record, God Bless America, When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing, and Beautiful People Beautiful Problems remind me of Joan Baez's 1972 record, "Come From the Shadows." I can definitely hear the early Joan Baez influences she talked about in Feb. 2017, and I really hope, if Best American Record/Yosemite/Roses Bloom For You end up on LDR6, that she explores that more folky, stripped-down but still big sound. I think it really suits her!

I'd really love something similar to "Prison Trilogy (Billy Rose)" or "To Bobby" from Joan. 

Of course, I will be happy with whatever she does and hope she enjoys what she's making! I love her!

Not related to LDR6 (it won't be included on her record for sure), but Disney is filming Maleficient 2...

Could it be the song Lana recorded for Disney this winter? 

I loved that movie and OPAD was so haunting and beautiful, one of the best Lana covers

giphy.gif

Not related to LDR6 (it won't be included on her record for sure), but Disney is filming Maleficient 2...

I really hope so. Once upon a dream was beautiful sang by her and gave the movie that dark, eerie and mystical vibe that was matching the aesthetics perfectly. I find the whole Maleficent character and the storyline suited for Lana. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/miles-kane-explains-ditched-rest-lana-del-reys-songs-new-album-2327638?source=dam

this new article states how Miles Kane ditched other songs co written with Lana for his latest album. he explained they were too much like ballads and didn't have that exciting flare he intended for this release. this must show how her recent mindset may be more subtle in lyrics. i know we have HIAB which reflects what LDR6 may be lyrically, but to have an insight from someone else on her lyrics these days does show she's calm in her music.

giphy.gif

Cops arrive at the trailer park and knock on Lizzy Grant's door after reports of bad odours and loud sex all day/night. As she opens the door, the meth lab at the back of the trailer explodes. Marina Diamandis' remains are not found.

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Cops arrive at the trailer park and knock on Lizzy Grant's door after reports of bad odours and loud sex all day/night. As she opens the door, the meth lab at the back of the trailer explodes. Marina Diamandis' remains are not found.

29ae3ca0d2ee9448d7e6d81a59532f48.jpg

Didn't she post a photo last year of her with Disney executives?

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

get a pp ugly

when i feel better maybe

So everything we thought we knew got dismantled. Idk bout u guys, but it's like the magazine covers from Lfl all over again. HIAB, scrapped? You Must Love Me, for A. L. Weber, Elvis for the biopic. 

1395665856_lindsay-lohan-oprah-crying-ow

To avoid future déceptions, sweet people, keep in  mind the following observation: when one of Lana's song gets registered very early (like months before a record release), it's because it will be used for Something else (soundtrack, song performed on tour, etcc.). Elvis and You Must Love Me followed that pattern. The LFL songs got registered on PPL Repertoire the same day the track listing was officially released.

​I hope HIaB won't be scrapped though :(

I wouldn't mind a song like the Elton John imitation that JTilman (Father John Misty) does on "Please don't die" (live from the Biggest Weekend)".

Amazing how Elton is really so influential in so many artists over the last 50 years 

Love the piano.

Evocative of both very early Elton, and also his immortal hit "Someone saved my life tonight" (and butterflies are free to fly, fly away, so fucking

high away, bye bye), and his organic more recent pure albums

As to when the release is-

million dollar question is- attempt to wait for the new chart methodology or the old...time ticking away

Wouldn't it be great if Elizabeth on her next album just had Piano/Vocal/Lana on guitar. That's all

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I’m ready to move forward and start LDR7 pre release thread. This era hasn’t started yet and I already hate it :hottie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun