Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I think what makes Ultraviolence so fantastic is the contrast between femininity and masculinity. It's really interesting to hear such a beautiful, delicate and feminine voice over heavy, loud, angry masculine electric guitars. The collab between the two is legendary for Lana's type of voice, it's just unforgettable and unique. I think it's so important for her to explore more of the genre, it's her destiny :smokes:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She should cover Amy or Courtney on the next album or no cover at all. I love Nina Simone but I don't think she's the best fit for Lana to cover. I think she did a good job with the ones she did tho

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I think what makes Ultraviolence so fantastic is the contrast between femininity and masculinity. It's really interesting to hear such a beautiful, delicate and feminine voice over heavy, loud, angry masculine electric guitars. The collab between the two is legendary for Lana's type of voice, it's just unforgettable and unique. I think it's so important for her to explore more of the genre, it's her destiny :smokes:

Fucking THIS! This is one of the main reasons why UV is my favourite album and this is why the more rockish live of Body electric is one of my favourite performances by her. Blake is smashing that guitar at the end of the song with that killer solo while Lana sings like a dreamy mystical siren on top of it. Just beautiful  :defeated:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I just want to say - I wouldn't read to much into her new record being in the vein of Change. Remember when she said her new album would sound like BTD and Paradise and we got Honeymoon?

I love her - but you really can't trust homegirl to describe her projects. Plus she changes her mind on a dime. 

I just want to say - I wouldn't read to much into her new record being in the vein of Change. Remember when she said her new album would sound like BTD and Paradise and we got Honeymoon?

I love her - but you really can't trust homegirl to describe her projects. Plus she changes her mind on a dime. 

Yes, also remember when she said in 2016 that her new album will be similar to Honeymoon.. and we got lust for life 7 months later

I think we're lucky Lana didn't go the way of Bobbie Gentry tbh. I'm amazed Lana pulled through the sheer amount of criticism/ridicule early on when she could've just said fuck it and retreated from the public eye- especially with how let down if not disturbed she seems to be with the outcome of her fame. I wonder if she ever will retreat to the point where she won't so much as accept calls from any kind of media outlet.

Although Bobbie seemed to be more tired of the fact that she wasn't treated as a professional, serious songwriter & producer. She blended genres, designed her own costumes, self-produced, hosted variety shows, I believe created her own coreo, etc etc. but was still treated as some dumb country bumpkin that stumbled into fame. 

Well I guess the old rumor that Lana’s dad ‘bought her career’ or w/e isn’t too far off from that  :crossed: poor girls

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

Well I guess the old rumor that Lana’s dad ‘bought her career’ or w/e isn’t too far off from that  :crossed: poor girls

The annoying thing about that dumbass statement is the fact that, even if someones dad "bought their career" - the artist would still have to be good enough to maintain it which requires actual talent. And of course Lana has in fact maintained her career rather well, so why do people care how she got there? Some people are so blinded by jealousy and hatred that they can't apprieciate real talent when it hits them in the face. Sad.

I just want to say - I wouldn't read to much into her new record being in the vein of Change. Remember when she said her new album would sound like BTD and Paradise and we got Honeymoon?.

But imo Honeymoon was a return to the BtD sound after UV. The strings, the beats of HBTB, etc.

Yes, also remember when she said in 2016 that her new album will be similar to Honeymoon.. and we got lust for life 7 months later

LFL is similar to HM when it comes to its production: there are so many layers to the music, the backvocals, etc. With LFL, everything is in the major keys while HM is in te minor keys. 

LFL is similar to HM when it comes to its production: there are so many layers to the music, the backvocals, etc. With LFL, everything is in the major keys while HM is in te minor keys. 

That's why I honestly dislike both albums (HM is growing on me yet it's still boring)

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

She already teased a new song on instagram, she said ''watch out for new music'' while on tour just some days ago so it's possible that she's gonna drop something in june. Also,  the tour is not over yet so we might find out some more stuff :creep:

If she says something about the album on her last tour date, april 20th or sings a snippet of a new song or something like that, then we basically know an album will be released in june

If we don't get anything on her last tour date, it might be an august-september release...or still a june release maybe, idk lol

Plus she said that she wanted to begin promote LFL in April for a summer release. We have a snippet already, the tour takes a break in a couple of days... It's not impossible that we might have a June release... unless she chooses to add a shitload of songs. In that case, June is out of question lol.

But I keep in mind that Lana is a summer girl. Her last three albums have been out in summer and the snippet of HiaB sounds really summery (a quiet summer evening, but still).

Plus she said that she wanted to begin promote LFL in April for a summer release. We have a snippet already, the tour takes a break in a couple of days... It's not impossible that we might have a June release... unless she chooses to add a shitload of songs. In that case, June is out of question lol.

But I keep in mind that Lana is a summer girl. Her last three albums have been out in summer and the snippet of HiaB sounds really summery (a quiet summer evening, but still).

we still have the cherry music video coming, wouldn't hope in new music too soon.

Chuck confirmed it is actually coming on insta a few weeks ago

giphy.gif

She should cover Amy or Courtney on the next album or no cover at all. I love Nina Simone but I don't think she's the best fit for Lana to cover. I think she did a good job with the ones she did tho

If she treats Amy how she treated DLMBM I don't want it. Take one of her bops or good ballads then I want something genuinely fun, heartfelt, and emotional

She sounded deader than dead and bored on DLMBM. ToW was a good cover, but not great- but good

we still have the cherry music video coming, wouldn't hope in new music too soon.

Isn't it dead? I was sure it was abandoned by Lana in order to concentrate on the new album.

her saying something along the liones of " oh this will shake you" or something..

i dont think that was a confirmation.. im sure she was talking about the pic she posted and commented under