Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'm dying to see Lana collab with Fiona Apple, but I know that it will never happen

Or Shirley Manson. Shirley would absolutely do it, and there's no question that Garbage has impacted Lana's music. I'd like to see that come together in a formal way.

Lana needs to go back and return to be the queen of visuals & big rich productions.

tbh I also kinda miss her baby voice

Just because she chose a terrible song for the WM/BAR video does not mean it had horrible visuals, it had some of her best.

Just because she chose a terrible song for the WM/BAR video does not mean it had horrible visuals, it had some of her best.

I didn't say it had horrible visuals (they were super ugly with that gross green filter, but you're entitled to your wrong opinion), but she needs to go back & put effort to them so we can have visuals as amazing as in BTD/Paradise/UV

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I didn't say it had horrible visuals (they were super ugly with that gross green filter, but you're entitled to your wrong opinion), but she needs to go back & put effort to them so we can have visuals as amazing as in BTD/Paradise/UV

Love's visuals were better than almost all of the BTD videos except for BTD and National Anthem

Love's visuals were better than almost all of the BTD videos except for BTD and National Anthem

Love was the only single with good (yet weak in my opinion) of LFL... LFL the song had a great concept for the mv but idk it was just weak and boring (like the song itself lol)

And you forgot BJ

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

It really didnt though. It was horribly bland. It had some cool CGI but apart from that, it was very uninspired and lazy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Love was the only single with good (yet weak in my opinion) of LFL... LFL the song had a great concept for the mv but idk it was just weak and boring (like the song itself lol)

And you forgot BJ

Blue Jeans isn't that good.

It really didnt though. It was horribly bland. It had some cool CGI but apart from that, it was very uninspired and lazy

It was only bland because she recycled the footage.

I think the WM visuals are super cool and retrofuturistic. The colours and visuals remind me of Chuck's gas station photoset from the LFL booklet, which I think is visually really unique.

Had the visuals been used for BAR, however, it would've been more impactful of a video, as a lot of the footage recorded most definitely wasn't used. There are lip synch scenes were Lana is standing in a room similar to the set of the Coachella single cover, holding what appears to be vintage rotary/occult/sci fi devices or even futuristic looking kitchen appliances, as seen in that one BTS pic. (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lanadelrey/images/8/81/DDooldy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170914012936).

The visuals are really great, in my opinion. It would've been a great title track video if BAR hadn't been leaked.

Blue Jeans isn't that good.

It was only bland because she recycled the footage.

freak wasnt bland....

I think the WM visuals are super cool and retrofuturistic. The colours and visuals remind me of Chuck's gas station photoset from the LFL booklet, which I think is visually really unique.

Had the visuals been used for BAR, however, it would've been more impactful of a video, as a lot of the footage recorded most definitely wasn't used. There are lip synch scenes were Lana is standing in a room similar to the set of the Coachella single cover, holding what appears to be vintage rotary/occult/sci fi devices or even futuristic looking kitchen appliances, as seen in that one BTS pic. (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lanadelrey/images/8/81/DDooldy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170914012936).

The visuals are really great, in my opinion. It would've been a great title track video if BAR hadn't been leaked.

where did that pic come from?

where did that pic come from?

I'm not so sure, actually. I remember it was circulating online around the time the video was released. I think the director, Rich Lee, may have posted it to his instagram, or maybe a stylist, I'm not sure! It's definitely not leaked, though, I know that.

Thank you for reminding us, Lana!  :defeated:

honestly her best visuals COULD HAVE BEEN FOR MTWBT BUT WE WERE ROBBED WITH THAT BLACK AND WHITE FILTER

I think it was intentional... The black and white filter, I mean. But yeah, I agree :(