Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i want lana to give me an etruscan inspired record. i think it‘s obvious she‘s gonna go in that direction anyway so she might as well do it for ldr6! i want those ancient sounds but in a modern retrospective way. i want to feel the summer heat of tuscany and the peace and quiet of ancient temples. I want lana to make the album in the same vain as the etruscans transformed vulcanic stone into statues with these eery and oddly satisfying faces. Salvatore was the perfect introduction into the soundscape of italy and i feel that now, after la to the moon and having toured milan and rome, she's ready to dive in deeper than before.

Alternatively i think she could go for an alaskan feel. Icy and cold, mixing an almost björk like avant garde sound with Lana‘s passion for native reservations and modern rap. But i feel like that can wait for a few more years.

i76mrxw.png 

@amadeus  (and everybody else)

Lana should do a medley/duet with Carly Simon

That's the way I always heard it should be / Video Games (Born to Die)

the resignation of not being able to fulfill one's own dreams

© Carly Simon- lyrics

© Jacob Brackman Music  (done in the style of  an old classical theme)

That's the way I always heard it should be" 1971

the final verse-

You say we can keep our love alive
Babe all I know is what I see
The couples cling and claw
And drown in love's debris
You say we'll soar like two birds through the clouds
But soon you'll cage me on your shelf
I'll never learn to be just me first
By myself

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i bet its gonna be Lana moaning for 5 seconds in the background again à la God Save Our Young Blood / That Jonathan Wilson song

but I pre-ordered anyway cuz you get a 7" single with that song

image.png

i want lana to give me an etruscan inspired record. i think it‘s obvious she‘s gonna go in that direction anyway so she might as well do it for ldr6! i want those ancient sounds but in a modern retrospective way. i want to feel the summer heat of tuscany and the peace and quiet of ancient temples. I want lana to make the album in the same vain as the etruscans transformed vulcanic stone into statues with these eery and oddly satisfying faces. Salvatore was the perfect introduction into the soundscape of italy and i feel that now, after la to the moon and having toured milan and rome, she's ready to dive in deeper than before.

Alternatively i think she could go for an alaskan feel. Icy and cold, mixing an almost björk like avant garde sound with Lana‘s passion for native reservations and modern rap. But i feel like that can wait for a few more years.

I love you.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Is it just me or is anyone else really bored of all these feminism tracks? I want lines like "im nothiiiiiiing without you" and "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" back again

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Is it just me or is anyone else really bored of all these feminism tracks? I want lines like "im nothiiiiiiing without you" and "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" back again

Tbh, same...I don't really want Lana to sing about society topics like feminism or possible nuclear war and stuff like that anymore...It worked on LFL to some extent but I think it's enough. 

I want raw emotion, I want the more artistic side of Lana again...the ''political tracks'' on LFL were all just bland and uninteresting and they did not age well.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

at first i was all for it, but now its boring. i want edgy and dark lana back

What do y'all want for LDR6 aesthetic wise?

I want it to sound like Heroin, Fordham Road, and Bad Disease.

giphy.gif

and the next Bond's theme goes to..... Dua Lipa :rip:

i see you Ben and Ed, i see you...

I can't believe Dua Liposuction got it and not Lana.

Ben and Ed suck.

giphy.gif

I still don't understand all the hype around Dua Lipa. Lana said many times that she would love to sing Bond theme song and we all know the fact that she was born to do it. In my opinion 24 would be great for Bond, devil works hard but Dula Peep works harder  :um3: Ben & Ed see you in a court.

tumblr_oh5ymxVl201rlfl6ro1_540.gif

Tbh, same...I don't really want Lana to sing about society topics like feminism or possible nuclear war and stuff like that anymore...It worked on LFL to some extent but I think it's enough. 

I want raw emotion, I want the more artistic side of Lana again...the ''political tracks'' on LFL were all just bland and uninteresting and they did not age well.

when the world was at war we kept dancing is still that bish. But yeah we're thirsty for something else.

giphy.gif