Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

OMG! potentially shes shading her label! when she used to make art for the beauty of it... and not for the money which we all know interscope wants. she wants to put out her art but they are afraid it wont get them ... that money

Yeah and the way it's worded sounds sarcastic af. "Ah to make art simply for the beauty of it". It's all wistful, as if it's something she isn't able to do. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

So she said that her and Jack working together "kind of happened", right? What if she sent her label the invoice of their studio time, showed them what they made together and pissed them off? Lmao, this is fan fiction, honestly, but I can see that happening  :oprah3:

So she said that her and Jack working together "kind of happened", right? What if she sent her label the invoice of their studio time, showed them what they made together and pissed them off? Lmao, this is fan fiction, honestly, but I can see that happening  :oprah3:

It's a good theory, but being a major record label, wouldn't they have been aware of the cost beforehand?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It's a good theory, but being a major record label, wouldn't they have been aware of the cost beforehand?

Not if it was a spontaneous thing, I guess? 

Has this been a self-sabotage project the whole time, kinda like a rebellion against the label?

Ben made her change the album cover, we know that for sure. He also said she was still finishing the record and recording a month after she confirmed it was complete and mastered.

Maybe she agreed to do promo and an official single only if she could release some "fan singles" first, she said the 3 songs we got were her favourites and maybe that was her way of guaranteeing they'd see a release. Maybe deep down she knew the album would be pushed back and that's why she's been so vague.

Also could explain why she used the HIAB music video and teased nearly the whole song, that way the label couldn't really use it again and release it as a lead single.

Like people said, she used the Miss Daytona account to confirm that she didn't know when it was coming, why not do that through her account? Then getting nostalgic about Honeymoon, which she calls her vanity record and was the last time she made and released music for herself, since LFL was for the fans and the label.

Imagine creating something where you poured your heart and soul into it (also known as creating iNtRoSpEcTiVe sAd GiRl shit), and someone tells you it's not good enough and that changes should be made? I'd feel personally attacked as hell, tbh.

I mean, look at the lyrics of HIADT alone... That song's packed with depressing elements. If that's indicative of what the rest of the album's going to sound like, then this album must be very close to her. 

Rejecting the album = attack on / rejecting her integrity?

:flop:

i feel bad. ik i got a warning point last time i said to harass lionsgate BUT i am not saying to harass interscope all im saying is people gotta stop slamming lana because obviously she wants to release this album. interscope has to hear us now, they sitting all pretty and unbothered while watching lana take the beat. bullshit

Realistically, other than label contracts (I'm not sure what her situation is) is there anything stopping her going independent? She's a name, she's built a dedicated fan base, I could easily see her breaking out and going indie, I think that freedom would really help her.

And also what’s fucking stopping her from being decent and just addressing this mess? If the album is being messed with we will understand and all our frustrations will change direction from her towards whoever is messing with NFR.

Maybe LDR doesn’t want to get the reputation of being ‘difficult’ within the industry, if she’s thinking of changing labels, as Tori Amos came to be known after her endless battles with various labels and many public statements about those battles.

I blame LFL, like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon were her artistic peak... But it's clear the label wanted something more commercial after Honeymoon's era and the fans were always begging for a BTD 2.0.

In many ways LFL was a BTD 2.0, a return to the pop sound, the glamorous visuals and music videos. Then the collabs and the happiness thing etc all felt like it was forced to make Lana more appealing to the GP.

And it worked, Love and LFL were more successful than the stuff she'd released since WC, the album went #1 around the world and she did a world tour. Now the label know she's capable of doing this she's trapped. Look at how Doin Time is being promoted on Spotify and stuff and sent to radio, her label want more upbeat and pop sounding music. NFR is not that.

Realistically, other than label contracts (I'm not sure what her situation is) is there anything stopping her going independent? She's a name, she's built a dedicated fan base, I could easily see her breaking out and going indie, I think that freedom would really help her.

I think label contracts are the only thing stopping Lana at this point.

If my memory serves me correctly, I read somewhere that record label contracts last for 5 years max, then artists sign another one if they want to continue making music with said label.

Wasn't Lana signed in 2011? If so, that means her first contract was up in 2016. So in order to make LFL, she needed to re-sign it, which means she's held to the label until 2021.

However, if she was signed in 2012, that means her contract would be up in 2017 (she made most of LFL in the year before, right?) so now her contract will be up in 2022 since she probably signed it again.

I could be completely wrong though. So take it with a grain of salt. :eek:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

We keep going in circles about this whole album. One minute it’s the label’s fault for messing with the album, the next minute it’s Lana just being lazy, and now we’ve arrived back at the theory about the label. WHERES THE TRUTH?

It’s like a carousel.

I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride.

I really do hope she’s ok and we are just reading far too deep into everything.

The label let her release Honeymoon and it was a success, why wouldn't they let her release NFR now? Both albums are intimate and don't have big bangers

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

And record companies insisting on changes, or the addition or deletion of songs, or which single is released, or what the cover art looks like, that’s been a reality since the dawn of recorded music. It may not be going on now with NFR, but it’s definitely a reality many musicians have faced.

The label let her release Honeymoon and it was a success, why wouldn't they let her release NFR now? Both albums are intimate and don't have big bangers

yeah but honeymoon had rich production and some songs were more uptempo

yeah but honeymoon had rich production and some songs were more uptempo

But we don't know how rich the production will be, she didn't tease the best part of each song

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I blame LFL, like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon were her artistic peak... But it's clear the label wanted something more commercial after Honeymoon's era and the fans were always begging for a BTD 2.0.

In many ways LFL was a BTD 2.0, a return to the pop sound, the glamorous visuals and music videos. Then the collabs and the happiness thing etc all felt like it was forced to make Lana more appealing to the GP.

And it worked, Love and LFL were more successful than the stuff she'd released since WC, the album went #1 around the world and she did a world tour. Now the label know she's capable of doing this she's trapped. Look at how Doin Time is being promoted on Spotify and stuff and sent to radio, her label want more upbeat and pop sounding music. NFR is not that.

Yes because record labels are a business and will do whatever makes the most money. They don’t care about music quality that much if it sells a lot.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance