Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

If y’all are still crying about false promises from Lana Del Rey this far into her career, you’re a lost cause. Sorry but she’s been making false promises for a long time. And she is only one of many artists that do this. The ones with the most passion for their art seem to do this, probably out of excitement, but then take their time or move on. We’re lucky Lana shares so much of her process and art she’s working on with us, even if it means more false promises. Maybe that’s why she’s quieter now. Whenever she shares her process, you guys get mad at her for “teasing” you and “being unfair” like grow up and realize how lucky you are to get vague updates like that. Remember social media hasn’t been around forever. There was a time artists didn’t have social media to post updates to. Instead you’d just get silence. Real silence.

Please can you come here more often? Because it's really tiring to see hate towards Lana every single day, and your argumentation is on fire

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Look, it's simple. She's been dangling the idea of a new album in front of us since last year. I think everyone has a right to be pissed off at this point considering we STILL don't have any solid news from Lana or her team.

Literally no one is mad about the snippets. No one is mad that she's living her life. She's on social media frequently, yet she chooses to ghost everyone's questions. It's like I said time and time again, if she gave us an update of some kind (via livestream for example), then most of us will appreciate it greatly and everyone's frustrations will simmer down and we'd be a lot more patient with this process.

But if she doesn't update, that's because there is a reason and it might be that she doesn't want to. And complaining won't change a thing now if it didn't change anything in the previous months. And honestly, why did you even expect her to say anything right after releasing a cover

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

But if she doesn't update, that's because there is a reason and it might be that she doesn't want to. And complaining won't change a thing now if it didn't change anything in the previous months. And honestly, why did you even expect her to say anything right after releasing a cover

Then she can say what the reason is. Even if she doesn't want to, maybe fans will stop bombarding her insta posts with comments about NFR. And obviously complaining about it won't change anything, but it's good to vent. :whatever2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

This girl is having fun while she's getting hated & losing fans. :toofunny:

Honestly, that's annoying but also kinda hilarious and iconic  :thumb2:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Please can you come here more often? Because it's really tiring to see hate towards Lana every single day, and your argumentation is on fire

Yes, because multiple self-righteous posts telling everyone to grow up and shut up are so valuable for a discussion board. 

Like if anyone doesn't want to participate in this thread because they're so morally superior and/or it's upsetting for them ... then don't? 

It's a discussion board. We're discussing. And for most of us it just isn't that fucking serious. Jesus. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

ITS

NOT

ABOUT

THE 

LENGTH 

OF

THE 

WAIT

WE 

WOULD 

BE 

HAPPY 

TO

WAIT 

HOWEVER 

LONG 

SHE 

WANTED 

TO 

TAKE 

BREAK

FOR

(yes that's a dangling preposition but you know what? i'm fresh outta fucks forever)

THE 

ISSUE 

IS 

THE 

UNPROFESSIONALISM

AND 

THE 

FALSE 

PROMISES

AND 

THE 

CARROT

DANGLING

TYPE 

SHIT

thanks for reading

it's just the way i feel

Remember social media hasn’t been around forever. There was a time artists didn’t have social media to post updates to. Instead you’d just get silence. Real silence.

ma'am the thing is its 2019 not 1980. she has the ability to talk to us yet choses not to.

ITS

NOT

ABOUT

THE 

LENGTH 

OF

THE 

WAIT

WE 

WOULD 

BE 

HAPPY 

TO

WAIT 

HOWEVER 

LONG 

SHE 

WANTED 

TO 

TAKE 

BREAK

FOR

(yes that's a dangling preposition but you know what? i'm fresh outta fucks forever)

THE 

ISSUE 

IS 

THE 

UNPROFESSIONALISM

AND 

THE 

FALSE 

PROMISES

AND 

THE 

CARROT

DANGLING

TYPE 

SHIT

thanks for reading

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots?

Alanis would never.

ma'am the thing is its 2019 not 1980. she has the ability to talk to us yet choses not to.

Yes, she chooses not to because she has free will and owes us nothing. You guys know she’s not obligated to tweet, right? Imagine some kids on the internet were telling you what and when to post online. It wouldn’t be fun anymore.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

There was a time artists didn’t have social media to post updates to. Instead you’d just get silence. Real silence.

genuinely, no hyperbole, this sounds preferable

it's just the way i feel

Cinnamon is coming

ACTUALLY I had a dream that she dropped Cinnamon.

In the dream she was showimg violet, blue, green and red St Christopher charms in that photo and that was the clue.

So ofc I woke up and ran to check that pic only to find that reality is a poor imitation of my dreams. 

Oh, and the music in the dream was "Pepper" by the Butthole Surfers which goes, "Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies". 

Zzzz ... 

You guys do realize it hasn’t even been 2 years since LFL yet, right? Sometimes reading this thread makes me wonder if y’all think it’s been like 10 years. When you guys grow up you’ll realize this wait isn’t bad at all.

Speaking of, I’m wondering if she’s been advised to wait to release NFR until after it’s been 2 years

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Yeah, the non-responding (and obvious topic deflection) is making me anxious. It could either mean that she is vituperative (oooh good slang-type word), or more disturbingly does not herself know what she's going to do about the album (and therefore she can't actually say anything about it). Obviously just asking her bluntly has failed. Need to be more subtle, so if someone commented:

If we hold on to hope
We'll have a happy ending (?).

If she liked, it's encouraging; if she deleted, it's worse-case scenario; if she ignored it, it's still informative by her not deleting it (a bit optimistic here).  I'd do a comment like that myself, but you're it for me social-media wise, so you get the comment.

Another tactic is ask her more interesting questions (I don't know if people are doing that or not). I mean a non-response to a "bullying" or "entitled-seeming" question is always non-informative. Will there be a kindle version of her poetry book? Why does it makes sense to use a poetry book to promo an album rather than the more reasonable using the album to promo the poetry book. And if it should be a fear-of-failure sort of issue (I don't know how she would ever divulge that), remind her of the 200 hundred or so very entertaining "failures" in her leaked/unreleased, and how much sadder the universe would be without them. BTW, given I liked NFR, I'd still owe her a buy given my enjoyment of that suppressed/leaked stuff. But that's just me.