Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Release date tea:

The boy that said he knew someone at the label and spilled the secret show tea just made a joke on Twitter where he bleeped out the date as “** de **********”.

September is the only month in Spanish with ten letters, followed with the fact lana said two months in June, so mid to late September release.

I’ve also met him irl and he’s a nice guy. I don’t think he would have any reason to lie.

August always felt too good to be true anyways. September last year was my first visit to LA so Lana releasing her new record around the same time would feel right. Now if we can just get the date and tracklist my soul can be at peace. 

if she’s still putting out to poetry book before the album when can we expect that then? unless she just does it at the same time so she can bundle it with the album and vice versa, or maybe a few weeks before? idk how these things work, but i was kind of expecting a longer time period in between the two releases

UbsOye5.png

Im sorry but secret show = Lana actually putting in effort... its just not realistic

Some of the comments you guys make are just flat or rude and honestly idk if you guys even see it anymore.

She literally did secret shows / small shows / fan orientated shows during the LFL era. It wasn’t that long ago.

if she’s still putting out to poetry book before the album when can we expect that then? unless she just does it at the same time so she can bundle it with the album and vice versa, or maybe a few weeks before? idk how these things work, but i was kind of expecting a longer time period in between the two releases

I feel like they’ll be more hand in hand.

Some of the comments you guys make are just flat or rude and honestly idk if you guys even see it anymore.

She literally did secret shows / small shows / fan orientated shows during the LFL era. It wasn’t that long ago.

I feel like they’ll be more hand in hand.

Lolz yea she also did quality music videos, multiple livestreams, interviews, magazine covers etc during the LFL era (which as you pointed out wasnt that long ago) and do we get any of those now? Nope. Keep deluding yourself though hun

Also YOU of all ppl talking about comments being flat or rude? Give me a break

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Release date tea:

The boy that said he knew someone at the label and spilled the secret show tea just made a joke on Twitter where he bleeped out the date as “** de **********”.

September is the only month in Spanish with ten letters, followed with the fact lana said two months in June, so mid to late September release.

I’ve also met him irl and he’s a nice guy. I don’t think he would have any reason to lie.

You met him in real life and didn’t realize he’s an attention whore?

Lolz yea she also did quality music videos, multiple livestreams, interviews, magazine covers etc during the LFL era (which as you pointed out wasnt that long ago) and do we get any of those now? Nope. Keep deluding yourself though hun

Also YOU of all ppl talking about comments being flat or rude? Give me a break

how is she supposed to do any of this if we don’t even have the music yet? i don’t think she’s being lazy, y’all are just entitled

UbsOye5.png

You're setting yourself up for disappointment, I think. Lana has been a fucking let down this whole year with her promo, true, but TGL and RBFY were not Jack produced songs (unless he retouched them, but I always thought this album was a Jack-Lana coproduction from A to Z). RBFY might have tiny chance since it fits the atmosphere of the album because of the piano (though not lyrically: it's very spring and all with the roses and lilacs) but TGL? It fits nowhere NFR sonically. We have a better chance of a leak for TGL and maybe to see RBFY on a «best-of» collection, I think. I'd love to hear these two songs, both sound amazing, but the hope that these two will be on NFR are slim, like skinny-slim.

Oh I don’t think either of us expect it to happen lol they’re just empty wishes. I’ll be content with whatever we get because I have little to no expectations anymore :hooker:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

can someone explain to me what a surprise show means? you would have to get tickets to go thus it wouldnt be a surprise...? surprise i just imagine her walking into a walmart and singing

Release date tea:

oh yeah random guy who says he knows people at Interscope writes some vaguely cryptic message so NFR is definitely out in September. 

guess we'll just have to wait and see

can someone explain to me what a surprise show means? you would have to get tickets to go thus it wouldnt be a surprise...?

She comes to your house at 3 am and starts singing at the top of her lungs waking up your entire family & neighbors

Surprise

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

I really just think the videos for MAC and VB were just quickly put together so people could stream them on her official youtube channel. She knew there would be time before any other single would be out, we didn't and assumed that that's the quality we'll get this era. I say, let's give her a chance once the record is out. Perhaps we'll get another music video with much better production.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png