lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

the born to die ERA was good but the ACTUAL ULTRAVIOLENCE ALBUM is legendary

I personally crown BTD as my favourite album, but I know what you mean. I think that's one of the difference between the two albums, BTD's era was huge, the videos where huge, the promotion was great, she performed live constantly and everyone was talking about her, where as UV had great music, but the promo was shit and the video's where hit and miss and she appeared virtually no where so there was no hype for it.

qsVmBMd.png

Fixed that for you

FMWUTTT is a legend, get off!

UV's standard edition has no flaws, there are some deluxe tracks that are not the very best, but that's why they are bonus. Just like BtD's only flaw is Lucky Ones.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

FMWUTTT is a legend, get off!

UV's standard edition has no flaws, there are some deluxe tracks that are not the very best, but that's why they are bonus. Just like BtD's only flaw is Lucky Ones.

First off, Lucky Ones is one of my favorite songs from BTD (given my username on here lol) so I would have to respectfully disagree with that. And, FMWUTTT just feels like it drones on and on for me...any shock factor that gave interest to that song dissipated for me

First off, Lucky Ones is one of my favorite songs from BTD (given my username on here lol) so I would have to respectfully disagree with that. And, FMWUTTT just feels like it drones on and on for me...any shock factor that gave interest to that song dissipated for me

FMWUTTT has a lot of appeal. It has this "rethorical" sound cause you don't really get "in" ... you can just speculate what it's all about. Also, the sound changing between soft and bitter works quite well. Of course, this is a subjective oprinion, but I really think you can't say it's a "flaw".

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Fixed that for you

How can you think Sad Girl is better than FMWUTTT? Besides the gorgeous "He's got the fire, and he walks with it" vocal, it's not so great. The chorus brings the song down too much. I didn't say FMWUTTT is amazing, but it's definitely not bad, at least not imo anyway.

Sad Girl is literally my favorite song on the album. so much emotion the instrumentals are amazing, her vocal delivery in this song is one of the best shes demonstrated, etc. Sad Girl is so underrated

Honeymoon is underrated.

Hey guys, how much of this is true?

https://twitter.com/ShadyLanaFacts/status/753082648596189186

Forgive me if this isn't anything new I don't know that much about Ultraviolence's production.. 

Pretty sure it's all true tbh. Glad Black Beauty became only a bonus track, it's so overrated. It has nothing on West Coast, Shades of Cool, UV or Brooklyn Baby.

Black Beauty was produced by Rick Nowels, not Paul Epworth, no? And It was hardly "released everywhere"....it was released first accidentally publicly online (by the producer, Rick Nowels) and then was a region-exclusive remix EP. Also I thought the "Adele producer" Dan Auberbach talks about in that interview was Rick Rubin for some reason, but the article didn't specifically recall WHICH Adele producer the track was played to. Also BB was never publicly talked about becoming a video/major single.

Long story short, it's fictional...that picture contains a lot of falsehoods and assumptions. The original interview it references does not state many of those "facts".

Hey guys, how much of this is true?

https://twitter.com/ShadyLanaFacts/status/753082648596189186

Forgive me if this isn't anything new I don't know that much about Ultraviolence's production.. 

Seems to be entirely fan fiction to me. Unless they spoke to their own medium and read Lana's mind, this will have to be mostly in the realm of 'made up speculation', except where it's outright wrong (James Franco isn't in her video).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I remember Lana doing an interview long ago saying Black Beauty was going to be the first single, but thats all I know to be true. The rest is all speculation which could be true, but they've been the most popular "fan theories" for a while

ITH and Flipside should've been the official bonus tracks on UV (Including Florida Kilos of course which is my favourite bonus track from the album)

IMHO BB just sounds so off if that makes any sense. The demo is much better than the album version plus it leaked anyway. Should've been a regional extra track. Guns and Roses is an extremely weak track. Which is a shame since it has some of the best verses on UV. It's the chorus and bridge that fucked it up well and truly.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

ITH and Flipside should've been the official bonus tracks on UV (Including Florida Kilos of course which is my favourite bonus track from the album)

IMHO BB just sounds so off if that makes any sense. The demo is much better than the album version plus it leaked anyway. Should've been a regional extra track. Guns and Roses is an extremely weak track. Which is a shame since it has some of the best verses on UV. It's the chorus and bridge that fucked it up well and truly.

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. West Coast

6. Wait for Life

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Money Power Glory

9. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

10. Old Money

11. The Other Woman

12. Once Upon a Dream

13. Is This Happiness

14. Flipside

tbh.

She did say herself that the bonus tracks have nothing to do with the album lol, she said the label made her.

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. West Coast

6. Wait for Life

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Money Power Glory

9. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

10. Old Money

11. The Other Woman

12. Once Upon a Dream

13. Is This Happiness

14. Flipside

tbh.

She did say herself that the bonus tracks have nothing to do with the album lol, she said the label made her.

how dare u exclude Sad Girl (the best track on uv) from the tracklist for the btd demo Wait For Life

Honestly I think all the B-Sides are wonderful.

I don't like albums with out bonuses. And all the UV ones mesh with the album very well

Me too. I can't imagine Ultraviolence without the bonus tracks. My trinity is West Coast - Black Beauty - Flipside.

Old Money is probably one of my favorite songs from Lana.

I love that she covered Nina Simone. <3

fun fact: I didn't know "Kilos" was a reference to drugs until I watched some crime TV show and realized "kilos of drugs" -_- up until earlier this year I thought it was a place in Florida.

My mind is so innocent to this lifestyle. smh.

~INSTA1.gif