Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

MTV awards are nothing but a popularity contest, it isn't a reflection of anything genuine, who cares.

I totally agree! I mean, at least a decade ago they were still ~somewhat~ relevant but....who really gives a shit about these anymore. Stale as fuck

Yosemite, Best American Record, Roses Bloom For You, Wild One (maybe this one doesn't even exist lol) I need them all omg.

Wild One definitely exists, it was registered with Beautiful People and written with Justin Parker.

Wild Side is an unofficial remix/sample project or something along the lines of that

I'm dying to hear it though! I love her work with JP + I love the title haha

I'm dying to hear Wild One, especially since it was written alongside with Beautiful People, my favorite song on the record. However I don't think she would include a 2015 song if she actually released an EP later this year of in 2018. Not even sure she would put Roses Bloom For You on it, it seems to be such a secondary song for her.

By the way, for LDR6, I have three different ideas in my mind about what I would like her to do:

- something really acoustic, in the Pawn Shop Blues style. Very light productions with mainly classic guitar, and sometimes touches of other instruments, to create something soothing, beautiful and calm that would put the priority on her voice. I would like her to get rid of the beats she put in way too many songs on LFL - When The World was literally ruined by it. :oprah:

- something that would be inspired by grunge rock, with a 1990's vibe; something rawer and more genuine, less modern, less sophisticated and hi-fi than Ultraviolence was. Maybe even with some psychedelic elements sometimes, like Cruel World meets Nirvana.

- something that is more likely: just sad songs with layered vocals, powerful and beautiful melodies, and depressing productions - in the Fine China / Yes To Heaven style. :bored:

Keyword Repetitions in LUST FOR LIFE ALBUM

There is a connecting thread between all the songs which goes to prove that this a very well thought out conceptual record put together by the one and only legendary Miss Lana Del Rey :flutter:

1. LOVE

Look at you, kids, you know you're the COOLEST

The WORLD IS YOURS and you can't refuse it

2. LUST FOR LIFE

In these stolen moments

The WORLD IS MINE (duwop, duwop)

My boyfriend's back

And he's COOLER than ever (shuwop, shuwop)

3. 13 BEACHES

With dripping PEACHES

4. CHERRY

And all of my PEACHES (are ruined)

5. WHITE MUSTANG

Packing all my things for the SUMMER

Lying on my bed it's a BUMMER

6. SUMMER BUMMER

Hip-hop in the SUMMER

Don't be a BUMMER, babe

7. GROUPIE LOVE

You're in the bar, PLAYING GUITAR

TIME after TIME, writing my lines

Taking our dreams, turning them to THINGS

It's like magic, babe, ISN'T LIFE WONDERFUL?

8. IN MY FEELINGS

You've been wasting my TIME

while you're taking what's mine

9. COACHELLA - WOODSTOCK IN MY MIND

(See song #10)

I said a prayer for a third time

10. GOD BLESS AMERICA

God bless AMERICA

And all the beautiful women in it

God bless AMERICA

And all the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE in it

May they stand proud and strong

Like Lady Liberty shining all night long

God bless AMERICA

11. WHEN THE WORLD WAS AT WAR WE KEPT DANCING

Is it the end of an era?

Is it the end of AMERICA?

When the world was at WAR before

We just kept dancing

12. BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, BEAUTIFUL PROBLEMS

(See song #10)

But we're just BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

With BEAUTIFUL PROBLEMS, yeah

BEAUTIFUL PROBLEMS, GOD knows we've got them

13. TOMORROW NEVER CAME

(See song #7)

And I just wanted THINGS to be the Same

We PLAYED GUITAR in your barn

ISN'T LIFE CRAZY, I said

Now that I'm singing with Sean

14. HEROIN

Makes me feel like I can CHANGE

15. CHANGE

CHANGE is a powerful thing

People are powerful beings

16. GET FREE

(See song #11)

Sometimes it feels like I've got a WAR IN MY MIND

×××××××

There may be more similarities in the songs. These are the ones that stood out to me

I feel like GBA needs to have more violins in the chorus. I think it's lacking certain instrumentation

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I feel like GBA needs to have more violins in the chorus. I think it's lacking certain instrumentation

I think she should remove the filter on her voice for the chorus. And sing it in a higher pitch. Similar to how she sings in WTWWAWWKD

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I'm kinda late, but I think I finally managed to list the 16 tracks from best to worst.

MASTERPIECES:
1. Cherry
2. World At War
3. 13 Beaches 
Actually I'm not really sure about the first three tracks. They're all perfect.

AMAZING:
4. Love
5. Heroin
6. In My Feelings
7. White Mustang
8. Lust For Life 
9. Summer Bummer 

OKAY:
10. Beautiful People 
11. Tomorrow Never Came
12. Change

NOPE: 
13. Get Free
14. Coachella 
15. God Bless America 
16. Groupie Love

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I'm kinda late, but I think I finally managed to list the 16 tracks from best to worst.

MASTERPIECES:
1. Cherry
2. World At War
3. 13 Beaches 
Actually I'm not really sure about the first three tracks. They're all perfect.

AMAZING:
4. Love
5. Heroin
6. In My Feelings
7. White Mustang
8. Lust For Life 
9. Summer Bummer 

OKAY:
10. Beautiful People 
11. Tomorrow Never Came
12. Change

NOPE: 
13. Get Free
15. God Bless America 
16. Groupie Love

anigif_sub-buzz-15742-1501191178-12.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Still sad that WTWWAWWKD was ruined by that terrible production in the chorus. The guitar in the verses were beautiful and they just had to do...... that to the other parts of the song

THIS

It ended up being one of the worst songs on the record when it had so much potential and such cool verses

The snippets showed the best parts of the songs in some cases like in Groupie Love, In My Feelings, GBA and WTWWAWWKD. So yeah, I gotta admit that I was a little disappointed by the World At War's chorus (except the fact that her singing is so high, that's cool). I mean, when she explained that this song was produced with dark vibes, and that it didn't lead to a happy place, I had so much hope for this song :rip: The other thing that bothered me is that she said in another interview (or in the same I don't remember) that the song asked if it was the end of an era or the end of America - I didn't expect that to be an actual lyric spoiler, I thought the song would deal with these themes in a more "subtle" way, if that makes sense. (The same thing happened with Yosemite, lol). Even though I've ranted a lot about this song, I still like it (only because of the verses and the bridge).

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I just thought that after we discovered the tracklist, we all assumed that Lana had scrapped 2 songs from the record since she had said in an interview that there was 18 songs on it. However, she hadn't done Change at the time, because Change was done the day before they sent the record to the label.

That means that 3 songs were ultimately scrapped from Lust For Life :oprah2: what was the girl thinking

I just thought that after we discovered the tracklist, we all assumed that Lana had scrapped 2 songs from the record since she had said in an interview that there was 18 songs on it. However, she hadn't done Change at the time, because Change was done the day before they sent the record to the label.

That means that 3 songs were ultimately scrapped from Lust For Life :oprah2: what was the girl thinking

I remember her saying somewhere she said she scrapped like 3 more political songs that had the vein of GBA & WTWWAW. So if we include those, RBFY, BAR/Architecture, Yosemite, + that unknown song. We have anywhere from 6-7 album outtakes

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif