Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I don't get how people can trash talk summer bummer??? "Doesn't belong on the album" lmao okay... same with LFL, Cherry, White Mustang and Groupie Love?

People seem to want to forget this is a Pop album

Girl just @ me next time lol

Everything @@Lust said was what I meant by it not belonging on the same album.

Last night I had a dream that I was at a Lana show and she performed Yosemite anigif_sub-buzz-17714-1499033449-1.gif

Can we please get the gays at the next show to request it? Forget Paradise, Serial Killer, MDM, these new TLY live snippets and Old Money. We need Yosemite. I will never understand why y'all like to keep hearing these same tired songs over and over again, let's get something new 

you didn't have to snap like this..anigif_sub-buzz-17714-1499033449-1.gif

I don't get how people can trash talk summer bummer??? "Doesn't belong on the album" lmao okay... same with LFL, Cherry, White Mustang and Groupie Love?

I don't think any of us are bashing summer bummer

im trashing summer bummer. :oprah3: that song is disgusting and ur right; LFL, White Mustang, and Groupie Love don't fit on the album either, but they're not terrible cheap songs (excluding white mustard, she is terrible and can die too) so they get a free pass. Lana went full mediocre with Bummer Bummer and it flopped. 

you didn't have to snap like this..anigif_sub-buzz-17714-1499033449-1.gif

im trashing summer bummer. :oprah3: that song is disgusting and ur right, LFL, White Mustang and Groupie Love don't fit on the album either, but they're not terrible songs so they get a free pass. Lana went full mediocre with Bummer Bummer and it flopped.

Oop. Come get her, not me @SunChild

Jk :heart:

maybe i just have a strong hatred for songs like white mustang and summer bummer etc. for robbing this album of it's full potential.

we could have had the LITERAL best american record.

lana would've released the folk album of the century with high budget videos where she actually sings the words not just slowly looks around sad in recycled footage

we'd have yosemite too  :toofloppy:

Lol didn't know Lust for Life was a thrash metal album.

The record is obviously Pop. Also, 12 tracks out of 16 feature digital beats, why wouldn't Summer Bummer fit on the album? :rip:

The record is obviously Pop. Also, 12 tracks out of 16 feature digital beats, why wouldn't Summer Bummer fit on the album? :rip:

because it's trap/ hip-hop while the others are alt/pop ?? 

i mean love and LfL n BPBP (im sure) has some form of digital beats but do anything sound anything like SB? I love SB but everything about it is different from LfL, down to the artists, the sound & feel (ad libs, blatant trap beats) hell, it's even produced by somebody she's never worked with- Boi 1da. It is out of place on the record but just observing that don't mean they hate the song (at least most)

People seem to want to forget this is a Pop album

I just don't like it that much. Carti's participation was unnecessary and ugly.

Lol didn't know Lust For Life was a hip hop album.

It'd be good for me if it was a better song but it doesn't even sound similar to most of the record. Maybe it's a little similar to the beats of the middle section; Groupie Love, In My Feelings and Coachella, (which in my opinion should've been scrapped or put in a deluxe version while allowing Yosemite and BAR to be included :oop2:) but it's on the same album as BPBP, TNC, Heroin, Change etc... :awkney:

For the record I still enjoy SB and bopped to it a lot when it came out (and still do once in a while) but it's out of place

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

i mean love and LfL n BPBP (im sure) has some form of digital beats but do anything sound anything like SB? I love SB but everything about it is different from LfL, down to the artists, the sound & feel (ad libs, blatant trap beats) hell, it's even produced by somebody she's never worked with- Boi 1da. It is out of place on the record but just observing that don't mean they hate the song (at least most)

I just don't like it that much. Carti's participation was unnecessary and ugly.

Lol didn't know Lust For Life was a hip hop album.

It'd be good for me if it was a better song but it doesn't even sound similar to most of the record. Maybe it's a little similar to the beats of the middle section; Groupie Love, In My Feelings and Coachella, (which in my opinion should've been scrapped or put in a deluxe version while allowing Yosemite and BAR to be included ) but it's on the same album as BPBP, TNC, Heroin, Change etc... 

For the record I still enjoy SB and bopped to it a lot when it came out (and still do once in a while) but it's out of place

as a huge hip hop fan i agree.. i even find myself just skipping the song. its catchy on its own.. but as part of the project its dull and out of place. Like i still laugh at how Playboy Cartirrelevant is even on the song ????

Lust for life honestly feels like a sampler of her discography and/or the overall emotions she had between late 2015- early 2017 which is all over the place... (tensions over north korea and dissing G-Eazy L0L Edgy), than a album 

--------------

Everyone's arguing about LFL's genre label and Honeymoon remains unbothered as Lana's most cohesive album yet Z3UFbp2.gif

(Obviously UV and BTD tie in a close second)

Z3UFbp2.gif honeymoon had a hiphop / trap song (or two) but STILL made it cohesive.

WOW

wow i love tea  Z3UFbp2.gif

I hope Lana makes a MV for Groupie Love :icant:

Honestly, I think GL deserves more a MV than SB, not saying that it's better lol, but GL is kinda underrated compared with SB, and I'm curious how a MV for the song could be. :oprah3:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I hope Lana makes a MV for Groupie Love :icant:

Honestly, I think GL deserves more a MV than SB, not saying that it's better lol, but GL is kinda underrated compared with SB, and I'm curious how a MV for the song could be. :oprah3:

Me and like two other people had some really great ideas that we posted in this thread a LONG time ago. But I remember coming up with a whole screenplay for SB and other people did GL

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

The only songs that will age terribly are the political tracks -  i pray (n im not even religious) that she NEVER tries to be political again. Really really doesn't work for her. Please Lana for the sake of your music and our ears. :icant:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The only songs that will age terribly are the political tracks - i pray (n im not even religious) that she NEVER tries to be political again. Really really doesn't work for her. Please Lana for the sake of your music and our ears. :icant:

I don't think so..it's not that they reference the exact situtation of America/world right now..they are more general and their meaning could fit any period of time

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I don't think so..it's not that they reference the exact situtation of America/world right now..they are more general and their meaning could fit any period of time

It's not even just what they're about, but like the way they sound isn't very Lana, and i think people will get bored of most of them in a couple years, when you listen to her trap/ more pop influenced songs like Cherry, GL, SB, IMF etc you just know theyre gonna be classics. I guess Love is also slightly political but it's much more Lana-esque and dreamlike which is why it works so much better. If she made all the other political tracks more like that it would've worked better

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

because it's trap/ hip-hop while the others are alt/pop ?? 

I swear guys  i can't hear the difference between summer bummer and the rest of the album :rip: and im a musician myself.

yes, it's the most hip hop song on the record, and? i always felt the opposite. i mean, the "real instruments" songs are the ones that "don't fit the album" (they all do imo). i enjoy both sides of the record.

im not fighting or whatever tho i like to discuss about this

also i feel like each song on the record has more and more hip hop influences until it reaches its ~hip hop climax on Summer Bummer.

Love - dream pop, LFL - pop with elements of electronica, 13 Beaches - trip hop, dream pop (the beats gets bigger), Cherry - this is a mix of many genres tbh haha space rock? with elements of trap, White Mustang - hip hop ballad and then Summer Bummer which is full trap/hip hop. Then the beats start to fade away... Groupie Love still trap but it features psychedelic pop elements, then In My Feelings - pop/trap, Coachella pop/trap, God Bless America pop - hip hop beat during the chorus (real instruments appear), World at War pop/hip hop (acoustic guitar throughout the whole song. last song with a trap beat). Tomorrow Never Came - indie folk, Heroin - dream pop, ambient, psychedelia... then Change and Get Free. <3