TrashMagiq

Kacey Musgraves

Love love love Too Good to be True. 

Really loving the more chill, laid back, and organic vibe/feel of the music for this album so far.

Definitely a little more country tinged than Star Crossed but still incorporates some different sounds and influences. Either way love it! It’s a whole mood for real.  

I really like the album. It sounds exactly like what I expected it to sound like tbh, it's very mellow. It's def not a showstopping album like Golden Hour, but it's a nice listen. Lonely Millionaire def stands out for me that's def the fav but other than that all the songs fit in that "Oh I like this!" category. It's cute!

qfrWuBl.png

i love the album– perfect pisces season record, mellow & thoughtful & melancholy, very folky. favorites after a few listens: cardinal, dinner with friends, giver/taker, heart of the woods.

beyond excited to be going to the record release show in nashville tomorrow & her record signging saturday?!! 2024 will not stop going off...

aOaIzH2.gif

I was halfway through thinking cardinal was gonna be my fav but then lonely millionaire came with that slight Zero 7 vibe like she really did it with that one :trisha3: dinner with friends and jade green are my initial other favs along with the singles :smile: anime eyes is so random but after cherry blossom I guess she's just a Japan girlie? like does she spend a lot of time there or something 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

kinda love this new album, feels like a breath of fresh air. I haven't listened to Kacey a ton in the past, but I love the vibe of this its very spring. I've been loving the song deeper well so much lately, it's so relatable :krylie:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

just went through for the first time and i kinda love how nonchalant it is. golden hour and star crossed were in a way cinematic feeling and PM and STDP were so over the top with what they were doing. and it just makes this album feel like something new and fresh for her but still familiar even if the music is so low key. it just feels like kacey doing kacey without this huge album story arc being pushed (if that makes sense). i think the low key vibe of everything is not gonna do well with critics or gp. it feels like something for the fans and it’s very gorgeous. it was SUCH an easy listen (Even if anime eyes was a bit corny) 

Love the album! Will need a little more time to fully take in and decide how I feel about it compared to GH and SC. It’s definitely more low key and kind of chill/breezy. Standouts for me so far Cardinal, Too Good to Be True, Giver/Taker, Jade Green, and Lonely Millionaire. Least favorite on first listen was Sway. One gripe I have is the some of songs feel soooo short. 

I really like this album :flutter: I’m not the biggest fan of star-crossed, however her first three albums are my holy grails.

This is good, not as good as the others I don’t think but feels more natural than star-crossed.

Deeper Well is the best track. I wish that the songs were longer, but the production is so beautiful and the lyrics are simple yet touching. 

Other favourites are The Architect, Cardinal, Giver / Taker and Lonely Millionaire. I hope in the future she brings back some more of that society-centred writing like she had with Pageant Material/Merry ‘go Round etc because she does it so well! Her personal songs sometimes feel a bit same-y for me. 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

We don’t talk about this gorl enough she’s an icon she’s a legend this new album is great if you can stream and let the album be what it is. It’s mellow, it’s hippy, it’s acoustic guitar, it’s easy listening. It doesn’t try to be anything else except that weird spoken part bridge in anime eyes but anyway it’s great! Love it! :oprah:

Anybody else think Cardinal sounds like Say It Right by Nelly Furtado? Anyway, I really love this album. Get major 60s folk Mamas and the Papas vibes, it’s gorgeous!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

So I really enjoy the whole record but there’s a tiiiiiiny part of me that thinks about the timeline we could’ve gotten a 10 or 11 track record full of Cardinals and Jade Greens. Those songs back to back have so much of the witchy power we have been manifesting in Lana all these years. I digress, it’s a lovely record and in addition to those two tracks I also love Too Good, Giver/Taker, Heaven Is, Lonely Millionaire. 

an album in which i think i won't truly appreciate until i'm in my car driving as the sun rises. i'm usually not one for laid back albums, but deeper well is so beautiful. an album that fits every mood, every season, every type of weather. can't think of a better way to bring in the springtime <3 

standout songs: cardinal, sway, heart of the woods, architect, lonely millionaire, and anime eyes (love the bridge so much). 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

i probably need more time with it but this album was good!!

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind