partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 minute ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Has anyone asked about Ave Maria? I'm 100% convinced a version with Lana's singing exists somewhere out there, that track is too beautiful and haunting for her to not sing on it! :poordat:

it has been confirmed before

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

This debatable, it's whatever perspective you want to take on this. Patrick Warren is someone who gets commissioned by Rick to record - let's say Keys and Strings that gonna sound like this and that. Patrick records them and puts them in a form of stems, then sends back to Rick who is doing with those parts whatever he wants without Patrick's further involvement. Patrick producing these demos is nearly an equivalent of you right now DMing random producer who advertises themselves online, sending them acapella/unfinished demo and paying them for laying new production however they imagine.

The redeeming part of this is that Patrick seemingly had partial stems of the real Rick Nowels produced track so these pieces of sounds are real. I won't dwell into that further, take that as you want. For now these are the only leaked versions anyway so it's not like there is any other option than appreciating them as they are.

Thank you for the points you've made here. I think just to counter your point vis a vis your hypothetical of me DMing a random producer with a demo, I do personally see there being a distinction between that situation and the one surrounding PW's SYTH edit. The edit was done by a notable producer who has worked with Lana in the past, and in my mind that does affect whether or not it's seen as a real demo. In the mind of PW, from what I understand, he genuinely produced it under the impression that it would be under LDR's (or her team's) consideration as a legitimate demo. The inclusion of elements of Rick's original production I think also bolster it's status as official as you say.

All that being said, if the LDR fandom decide the inclusion of PW's edit as an official version is not correct, it'll be removed. A difficult grey area and (hopefully) one we won't have to traverse again!

i have a tumblr right

here.

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

@BlackoutZone are all of the Honeymoon demos produced by STINT from late 2014? (God Knows I Tried, Freak Like Me, The Blackest Day, Say Yes to Heaven “legit version 2”). I assume these were earlier than later in the process. Thanks!

Yes, I don't remember exact dates, but all the HM demos that leaked around the same time can be considered STINT demos

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

Yes, I don't remember exact dates, but all the HM demos that leaked around the same time can be considered STINT demos

any tea on ocean boulevard process? it seems much less thrown together than BB

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Speaking of which, are the "Pink Flamingos" / "Ice Cream" demos actually produced by STINT?

1 minute ago, Stormriver said:

Thank you for the points you've made here. I think just to counter your point vis a vis your hypothetical of me DMing a random producer with a demo, I do personally see there being a distinction between that situation and the one surrounding PW's SYTH edit. The edit was done by a notable producer who has worked with Lana in the past, and in my mind that does affect whether or not it's seen as a real demo. In the mind of PW, from what I understand, he genuinely produced it under the impression that it would be under LDR's (or her team's) consideration as a legitimate demo. The inclusion of elements of Rick's original production I think also bolster it's status as official as you say.

All that being said, if the LDR fandom decide the inclusion of PW's edit as an official version is not correct, it'll be removed. A difficult grey area and (hopefully) one we won't have to traverse again!

Yes I can agree with that, I'm just showing that he remains someone who isn't actively involved with these songs. Notice how I mentioned the Something Real fiasco happening later on, this very much means he was not even talking to Rick outside of his invoiced requests to even know what they were actually working on if he didn't realize the email was fake and they actually aren't working on YTH/YG/FC at all.

They are still notable versions until real Rick demos leak at least

Notice how I mentioned the Something Real fiasco happening later on, this very much means he was not even talking to Rick outside of his invoiced requests to even know what they were actually working on if he didn't realize the email was fake and they actually aren't working on YTH/YG/FC at all.

Fair point and interesting to think about, thanks for your help. :)

i have a tumblr right

here.

Just now, americangothic said:

Speaking of which, are the "Pink Flamingos" / "Ice Cream" demos actually produced by STINT?

No, all HM songs first begun as Rick x Lana sessions, everything that has any involvement from other people is them joining as the song progresses in production

Also keep in mind that certain titles are not really attached to any particular versions. Throughout Lana's career most "demo" titles are used interchangeably till the very last minute when she decides on one.

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

No, all HM songs first begun as Rick x Lana sessions, everything that has any involvement from other people is them joining as the song progresses in production

Also keep in mind that certain titles are not really attached to any particular versions. Throughout Lana's career most "demo" titles are used interchangeably till the very last minute when she decides on one.

would this suggest that there's an unleaked early rick nowels demo of freak? also, do you know anything about the "phil spector" version?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123