partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

There really isn't much to Sad Girl, she wrote it with Rick in late 2013. Then Dan reworked it, it got released, that's it. The demo that leaked is one of Dan's early demos.

Plssss give some LFL tea:legend:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i think i'm gonna take out the two stem edits of yes to heaven, because we still have other real versions, and it's not like i listen to them that much... it's still pretty crazy to think we only have 2 real versions currently because for a while it was a bit of a meme here that there was so many versions

but, to clarify, the only versions of yes to heaven that we have (that are real) are the tagged, james ford version from 2014, and the stint "honeymoon" version from 2015?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

There really isn't much to Sad Girl, she wrote it with Rick in late 2013. Then Dan reworked it, it got released, that's it. The demo that leaked is one of Dan's early demos.

anything about this very rough demo?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Sad Girl is that bottled gold almost one take girlie I knew she were. 

emlDots.gif

19 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

is this correct? i'm kind of lost ngl

dhIqRxf.png

im so lost in this SYTH lore, i don't even know how to sort out this list on the wiki :toofunny:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think i'm gonna take out the two stem edits of yes to heaven, because we still have other real versions, and it's not like i listen to them that much... it's still pretty crazy to think we only have 2 real versions currently because for a while it was a bit of a meme here that there was so many versions

but, to clarify, the only versions of yes to heaven that we have (that are real) are the tagged, james ford version from 2014, and the stint "honeymoon" version from 2015?

Yup, that's the two real versions we have.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Sorry i meant Dark city not sad girl 

Ultraviolence and Lust for Life are the most interesting albums when it comes to the creative process. I'm so here for this.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Am I remembering wrong or do the UV credits show that she kept the original vocal take for Sad Girl? I think it's the only Dan song credited that way on the album?

1 hour ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

BOTH OF MY THEORIES BEING TRUE.. ive literally rambled so much on SYTH v1 and v2 being fakes but i never imagined like THIS lmfao.. I just KNEW the string version was not the true version at all - the song is so obviously meant for much more than that

Omfg I remember you saying ages ago that you had theories about SYTH but everyone would think you were insane😭

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, Kurt said:

Am I remembering wrong or do the UV credits show that she kept the original vocal take for Sad Girl? I think it's the only Dan song credited that way on the album?

You’re remembering correctly! Rick Nowels has production credits for the vocals, so it seems the 2013 vocal takes were retained in the final version. 

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

Omfg I remember you saying ages ago that you had theories about SYTH but everyone would think you were insane😭

After knowing all this, now I think am insane :deadbanana: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Honestly whatever this is, I don't think I ever heard it.

Keep in mind that people out there have stems to entire UV album

are there any other leaks we have that are actually stem edits?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

It's so interesting, because up until yesterday I was under the impression that she just made an almost complete Ultraviolence album with Rick, then when she met Dan she just reworked/tweaked the songs, but it's way more complicated and intricate than that. I'm so here for this behind the scenes tea. This album deserves its very own Netflix documentary. :popcorn:

Magnum Opus. :illumilana2: