partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

I'm shook, shocked & speechless:oprah2:

Thank you so much for all the information & clarifying:heart:

So we lived in a lie for years :oprah2:

Ok but still very glad we have Fine China & Your Girl in some form bc never hearing them would be super sad & tragic but yeah it's good to know the truth now even though it took some time,  but I'm a bit mad bc we probably almost got the Fine China real version in good quality on BB but then Lana said no. We were so close yet so far:oprah::trisha:

This all so crazy :oprah2: 

Absolutely loved the string version of Yes To Heaven,  a bit bittersweet it never was a real thing but Patrick snapped with those strings either way :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Can I ask if Ocean Blvd sounds like the rest of the record? Or is that too close to giving info about the other tracks:eek3: (ignore A&W of course)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, This Feeling said:

So, the only legit YTH version is that “Honeymoon Version”? Or

and I thought we had YG demo? So that’s an edit too?

It’s all so confusing!

the legit ones are honeymoon version & its demo if i understand right

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

It kind of makes sense that only two versions of Yes to Heaven we have are real. The "fake" ones are so bad :hide:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, This Feeling said:

It’s all so confusing!

these are the only two real versions

james ford version (2014) https://krakenfiles.com/view/VYTzrJE5jj/file.html

STINT version (2015) https://krakenfiles.com/view/c333GNMNVk/file.html

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

You’re remembering correctly! Rick Nowels has production credits for the vocals, so it seems the 2013 vocal takes were retained in the final version. 

Same thing happened with "Black Beauty". They kept the audio/vocal takes produced by Rick, and Dan/Paul worked only on the instrumentals!

8 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

It’s all so confusing!

We have two legit versions of SYTH. One version considered for Ultraviolence (produced by James Ford, the one with the “music mafia” tag in the bridge) and one version considered for Honeymoon (produced by STINT). 

Your Girl, Fine China, and what we previously knew as versions 1 & 2 of SYTH are, yes, stem edits!

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

ultraviolence final doesn't exist, james ford was the last to be considered for UV

MF0fiZ2.png

corrected but i'm still not sure

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

6 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

It’s all so confusing!

there are 2 legit Say Yes to Heaven versions.

The one produced by James Ford (circa April 2014) - the Music mafia one, which we only have tagged.

The one produced by STINT, during the Honeymoon era. It's a demo, the final remains unleaked.

And the previous 2013 versions are mixdowns by Patrick Warren, using partial stems and reconstructions he did (same for Fine China and Your Girl)

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

@BlackoutZone sorry for @ but im kinda confused - could u list real & fake syth versions we've got? 

Sorry but I don't keep track of fake versions lol, why would you want to list that on the wikia if it's fake.

Just add the Patrick Warren version, the James Ford version (which btw was never considered for COCC what :deadbanana:) and the STINT version

2 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

It’s all so confusing!

The Honeymoon version and the version tagged musicmafia (which is actually the James Ford version).

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

This was a member here who stated ages ago they were mostly stem edits-can’t remember who?

I remember people speculating that Your Girl was a file pack of stems and then the leaked version was ‘put together’ by Eclipse, but I think that was pure speculation and might be what you’re remembering?

Your Girl does sound a little bit off like I’m not surprised by it, but FC and SYTH are a shock!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Same thing happened with "Black Beauty". They kept the audio/vocal takes produced by Rick, and Dan/Paul worked only on the instrumentals!

Yes, that’s right! I actually think only Rick and Paul have credits on Black Beauty. And that also happened with Ultraviolence, as most of the vocals from Dan Heath’s 2013 demo were in the final version too!

Is there a Cruel World demo, or Rick version? Or was that a song she made with Blake and Dan without Rick being involved? And also follow up question: did she consider a different opening track at some point? @BlackoutZone