partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

So here's how i arranged Lana's outtakes / unreleased contents during Post BTD - Pre UV era.

Spoiler

Before The Paradise - Mixtape

9vNPTZk.jpg

Tracklist: 

01. Ave Maria

02. Life Is Still So Beautiful (LIB Early Mix)

03. Hollywood

04. Will You Still Love Me (Y&B Paradise Version)

05. I Talk To Jesus (Early Mix)

06. Starry Eyed

07. I Don't Wanna Go

08. JFK

09. Angels Forever (Early Mix)

10. I Just Drive (Ride Demo)

Tropico - Mixtape

qaBY9Po.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

02. Unidentified Flying Bill (ft. Barrie-James)

03. Old Money (Demo)

04. Black Beauty (Demo)

05. Wild One

06. He Hits Me Because He Loves Me

07.  Fine China (Patrick Warren Version)

08. Earthquakes

09. Lake Placid

10. Yes To Heaven (Patrick Warren Version)

11. Money & Power

Melancholia - Mixtape

3IeNEoh.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Melancholia

02. Your Girl

03. Fuck My Way

04. I Talk To Jesus (Remake)

05. Summertime

06. Dragonslayer

07. Madly

08. Cult Leader

09. Driving In Cars With Boys

10. Pink Champange

Since "Cherry Blossom", "Living Legend" & "Nectar of the Gods" are all copy pasted from the leaks & officially released, i consider these songs in Blue Banisters era then.

So what do you guys think?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

32 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

@SalvaWHORE it’s not talked about enough but I think You & Me could be considered “Tropico era” too

wait. Now thanks to u I JUST NOTICED the instrumental has the same chord progession & overall melody of Tropico theme 😭😭😭

but btw, i think this belongs to either pre-BTD era or Before The Paradise since it was recorded in 2011

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

It seems a number of UV outtakes talk about how she was tired of touring, not happy with how her fame has gone and how she was treated (LMLYLAW demo, Your Girl, Madly, Melancholia, etc) which always gets to me so much. There's a huge shift in tone between BTD/Paradise outtakes, and the UV ones.

But I can kinda see how she also didn't want them on the final UV cut. Maybe fear of being criticised for her honesty yet again, people blaming her for the way she felt. Or maybe naturally she changed how she felt about it. I wonder what led her to putting more "sad about relationships" songs on UV instead. There's so much vulnerability in both, but I suppose she'd already faced backlash from expressing one of them. why not do it again, and even harder.

Whatever it was, I am so sorry for how she felt around that time and what she had to go through. I still want to hear more of her side. 

13 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

It must have been scrapped in November 2012 already. She literally had THIS as the description of the now archived/deleted Bel Air visualizer uploaded on November 8, 2012 (shortly before she talked about her plans to male a short film for G&M and Bel Air):

"i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth. But i have my beauty and i have my youth. Tropico the film, coming next year".

From what I remember from BoZ in this thread back in january said, Paradise was actually commissioned by her label because they wanted a re-release of BTD to boost sales, ala The Fame (Monster). The songs on Paradise were songs she was working on for a full album (tropico), and were the ones that were actually full songs and not just ideas. The tropico film, althought just an idea in November 2012, probably would've included more songs like I Talk To Jesus, as ITTJ was almost included on the Tropico EP, and she presumably wanted to include even more songs on it. 

It seemed that Tropico was a film and project, that probably would've been most of Paradise along with late 2012-early 2013 outtakes, had the label not pushed her to reissue BTD. Since she wanted to include some songs like ITTJ on the Tropico EP, Tropico was probably going to be a full album/longer EP with many of those songs on that notebook photo, with some of those perhaps being in the film (think K-12 by Melanie Martinez).

18 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Yes please

This is the album tracklist and cover I made. It's cover is inspired by the Julie London album "Julie is Her Name", because both that album, and my Lana album include a cover of Cry Me A River

nF3hJqu.png

Have been meaning to make a back cover for a physical version with the tracklisting, and I would highlight either in text (interlude), or by colour that Coca Colla an Hangin' Around are interludes

11 minutes ago, Steeqhen said:

From what I remember from BoZ in this thread back in january said, Paradise was actually commissioned by her label because they wanted a re-release of BTD to boost sales, ala The Fame (Monster). The songs on Paradise were songs she was working on for a full album (tropico), and were the ones that were actually full songs and not just ideas. The tropico film, althought just an idea in November 2012, probably would've included more songs like I Talk To Jesus, as ITTJ was almost included on the Tropico EP, and she presumably wanted to include even more songs on it. 

It seemed that Tropico was a film and project, that probably would've been most of Paradise along with late 2012-early 2013 outtakes, had the label not pushed her to reissue BTD. Since she wanted to include some songs like ITTJ on the Tropico EP, Tropico was probably going to be a full album/longer EP with many of those songs on that notebook photo, with some of those perhaps being in the film (think K-12 by Melanie Martinez).

But all of this (along with the very confusing timeline) still sounds like speculation. 💀

1 minute ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

But all of this (along with the very confusing timeline) still sounds like speculation. 💀

True, but until someone sits down on record with Lana to get a timeline of this (which i honestly she will even remember clearly :bebe:) , or we get some more info and leaks, i think im gonna personally go with the belief that Tropico was gonna be her second studio album, and any hope of Tropico as an album/ large EP died with the Summer 2013 leaks (which is also my own speculation, but the way she talked about feeling disheartened about the direction of the album makes it seem like whatever project she was working on in late 2012-mid2013 was scrapped after those leaks)

2 minutes ago, Steeqhen said:

Tropico was gonna be her second studio album, and any hope of Tropico as an album/ large EP died with the Summer 2013 leaks (which is also my own speculation, but the way she talked about feeling disheartened about the direction of the album makes it seem like whatever project she was working on in late 2012-mid2013 was scrapped after those leaks)

:true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

20 minutes ago, Steeqhen said:

This is the album tracklist and cover I made. It's cover is inspired by the Julie London album "Julie is Her Name", because both that album, and my Lana album include a cover of Cry Me A River

nF3hJqu.png

Have been meaning to make a back cover for a physical version with the tracklisting, and I would highlight either in text (interlude), or by colour that Coca Colla an Hangin' Around are interludes

Is the Coca Cola interlude this

11 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Is the Coca Cola interlude this

It's the laptop demo as the original didn't have an instrumental. Its verses are from Television Heaven, so I felt right to put it after television heaven as an outro, and it leads right into BBM Baby which is a fun switchup from acapella into synthy pop

On 1/4/2023 at 8:14 PM, Future Jazz said:

also dope, la who am i, loved you then and now, melancholia, pink champagne, sugary sweet, california demo, black beauty concept demo :smile4:

On 1/4/2023 at 8:11 PM, taco truck said:

ok for leakers who want to reclaim their throne as the most beloved, here is a list of songs to leak:oic2:

Dark City

Whatever that "Cali is hot' snippet is

Ave Maria (with vocals)

Crazy for You final

Yes to Heaven real final version

Fina China real version

Your Girl real version

Earthquakes

:legend::legend:

also some unknown lust for life outtakes...

the way we now have Ave Maria (with vocals), Fina China real version, Earthquakes, Melancholia, and Pink Champagne :party: waiting for the rest

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

3 hours ago, Steeqhen said:

And this has just confused everything once again :deadbanana: Boz stated that paradise and tropico songs were not for the same project

Jj2jsWGAm5k.jpg?size=1265x39&quality=96&
do u consider these songs as btd outtakes? these are from 2011 but for some reasons arent specified as btd outtakes
and do u consider all songs from 2010 as btd outtakes as well? cuz i do only the ones that were sent to the guardian as the part of the sampler

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

4 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

Jj2jsWGAm5k.jpg?size=1265x39&quality=96&
do u consider these songs as btd outtakes? these are from 2011 but for some reasons arent specified as btd outtakes
and do u consider all songs from 2010 as btd outtakes as well? cuz i do only the ones that were sent to the guardian as the part of the sampler

i have big bad wolf under my btd album

i thought it was lolll

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."