partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

i really don’t understand why most artists don’t just share this information themselves, people really do genuinely care about it and it can extend the life of an album cycle drastically. like imagine an artist doing a little newsletter thing where they send an essay per month on how 1 song from the album came to be and attach pictures from making it, mention specific writing and recording dates, share downloads to a few demos, etc etc. i don’t know if they just don’t care to or don’t realize how many fans are interested in hearing about the creative process

1 hour ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Woah, this must be what LDR.FM felt like... :defeated: I live for this kind of information, and of my list of favorite artists, it's always been hardest to gain any kind of clarity with Lana.

i need the same energy for Kesha :defeated:

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i really don’t understand why most artists don’t just share this information themselves, people really do genuinely care about it and it can extend the life of an album cycle drastically. like imagine an artist doing a little newsletter thing where they send an essay per month on how 1 song from the album came to be and attach pictures from making it, mention specific writing and recording dates, share downloads to a few demos, etc etc. i don’t know if they just don’t care to or don’t realize how many fans are interested in hearing about the creative process

hell i would even pay for something like this, even like a substack newsletter where subscribers have to pay a monthly fee. it would be so cool

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

hell i would even pay for something like this, even like a substack newsletter where subscribers have to pay a monthly fee. it would be so cool

Didn't Kimbra have a patreon for a hot sec? Didn't seem to end well 

Just now, imapartygirl said:

I can't even think of more questions to ask:lmao:

Same , my brain feels like a fried potato :oprah: 

It feels kinda surreal that we got so much info but very very grateful for it:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

9 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

I love the concept but i fear it will be incredibly inauthentic if an artist ever did it, and it would end up being written by random interns. 

BOZ’s insight is so valuable beyond words tbh

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I’m listening to some of her unreleased songs atm and they got me feeling emotional , does she even realize the immense talent she possesses in making music?  :cat:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

@BlackoutZone was the released version of I Can Fly the version that was considered for BB? Or was there a different version 

edit: either way I can't believe she contemplated putting an officially released song from 2014 on her 2022 album:facepalm:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

could we also perhaps get a confirmation if any of these unconfirmed titles are real or not?

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_unconfirmed_songs#Rumored_songs

the only title in the list that has a note refrencing post-2012 eras is Future Jazz (Honeymoon)

:et:

6 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

Didn't Kimbra have a patreon for a hot sec? Didn't seem to end well 

oh my god don't get me started on this she was vile for how she ended it. so vile to the point where she had to email 60 of her fans and send them stems and songs as apology

15 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I love the concept but i fear it will be incredibly inauthentic if an artist ever did it, and it would end up being written by random interns. 

BOZ’s insight is so valuable beyond words tbh

idk, it doesn’t have to be. Maggie Rogers sends out newsletters with essays about the creative processes for random songs every once in a while, it’s definitely authentic and written by her from the heart lol, it’s too personal to not have been. i just wish it was taken further. i’m very grateful for all of the info BOZ has shared, but it any case i think it would always be more interesting to hear it from lana herself, plus we don’t really have any idea about the morality of how he knows everything he does so a part of me feels kind of weird about it, despite again being very grateful all of these mysteries are being solved. but Lana would never talk about what we’ve learned yesterday and today, and would never do anything remotely like my suggestion either so it doesn’t really matter, she doesn’t even take the time to write out the full lyrics for her album booklets anymore :crai: