partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

also someone should update this with the new info we have

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_unreleased_songs?so=search#Unleaked_songs

(ex: Dark City is from Honeymoon, Morricone + Neon Shadows + Piano Theme is fake, etc)

22 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i really don’t understand why most artists don’t just share this information themselves, people really do genuinely care about it and it can extend the life of an album cycle drastically. like imagine an artist doing a little newsletter thing where they send an essay per month on how 1 song from the album came to be and attach pictures from making it, mention specific writing and recording dates, share downloads to a few demos, etc etc. i don’t know if they just don’t care to or don’t realize how many fans are interested in hearing about the creative process

i wish lana would do an audio commentary again like she did for UV!!

sUcVobB.png

On the topic of fake things…

According to one of the song’s sound engineers, the “alt vocal take/demo” (snippet) of Flipside that “leaked” is not real either 

IMG_0929.png

Not my screenshot btw, one of my friends asked him.

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

also someone should update this with the new info we have

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_unreleased_songs?so=search#Unleaked_songs

(ex: Dark City is from Honeymoon, Morricone + Neon Shadows + Piano Theme is fake, etc)

Morricone and Piano Theme are not precisely fake, but rather only concept instrumentals she was sent but didn't record them.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Just now, In My Feelings said:

Holy shit I just tuned in at page 20.

Welcome back BlackoutZone.

Whew, let me get some coffe before I read 100 pages. :smokes:

Make sure you’re sitting down for the gag that is BOZ’s essay on fine china/SYTH/your girl

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

10 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

@BlackoutZone do you know what the original 11 track tracklist was for nfr? and are any of the songs on cocc and bb from the nfr sessions?

NAWWAL is from NFR sessions confirmed by Eclipse, but that’s it. although NFR and Chemtrails were worked on back to back, so there still might be a slight overlap or very short amount of time between FIILY (last song recorded for NFR) and the first song recorded specifically for Chemtrails. this isn’t confirmed, but I have my own theory that besides NAWWAL/LMLYLAW, the Chemtrails title track was the first song written for that album considering she said “I’m only thinking about star signs for the next thing I’m doing” like a week after NFR came out

Also Dark But Just a Game uses NFR’s title track original melody, so you can sorta count that if you want

1 minute ago, lanabanana11 said:

curious question, was Angels Forever considered/worked on/recorded for Ultraviolence? Or was it more of a Paradise era track

isnt the final version (that we have) from 2013?

3 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

curious question, was Angels Forever considered/worked on/recorded for Ultraviolence? Or was it more of a Paradise era track

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

isnt the final version (that we have) from 2013?

It's not the final, but yes it was always for UV

7 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

@BlackoutZone do you know what the original 11 track tracklist was for nfr? and are any of the songs on cocc and bb from the nfr sessions?

I always thought it was the album as it is minus Fuck it I love you, The greatest and Doin' time, but when we learned Not All Who Wander Are Lost is from NFR sessions, well, that went down - unless it was never in a draft tracklist :oopna: which I doubt

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: