Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

Ok so after 20 listens...

I love the song.It has that Cruel World vibe mixed with folkiness of Jewel.

I really like the lyrics especially when you know from her how they were made.

My favorite lyric: I fucked up, I know that but jesus... can a girl just do the best she can?

What does kinda ruin the song is the fact that it seems like 2 or 3 songs are combined into one. I guess the mastering is not good or something.

It does not flow well... if it did it would really be among her best songs.

I guess my rating would be 4.2 out of 5.

Exactly what I thought! But other than that, I can’t stop listening and I love it already!

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Ok so after 20 listens...

I love the song.It has that Cruel World vibe mixed with folkiness of Jewel.

I really like the lyrics especially when you know from her how they were made.

My favorite lyric: I fucked up, I know that but jesus... can a girl just do the best she can?

What does kinda ruin the song is the fact that it seems like 2 or 3 songs are combined into one. I guess the mastering is not good or something.

It does not flow well... if it did it would really be among her best songs.

I guess my rating would be 4.2 out of 5.

My thoughts exactly. It does not flow well at all and eventually gives me a headache  :defeated: I love the lyrics and her vocals though

EDIT : omg I just realized I only listened to it with my shit speakers  :biblio:  it changes everything

I'm such a lame guy

EDIT 2 : My heart is crying I love it  :toofunny:

I love how in the very last seconds you can hear her ever so softly whisper “damn.” She must’ve been blown away by her own song. Reminds me of when she says “oh my god” at the very end of American Dream.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but she clearly says in the interview that it's not that surfy. So I think we need to keep expectations in check.

I also have a strange feeling that the album may be called "Venice Bitch" - it is the second song out. Although I have doubts with that theory too. Mostly, bc I'm doubting MAC is the lead single - from the interview it sounds like it's a random song (she said she randomly released it). 

I think the "lead single" off the new album won't come out until closer to the New Year.

I am honestly in a state of shock. I have never been filled with so much emotion at once. This is to me one of her best written songs. Its so f-ing beautiful the lyrics are just hitting me and the melody is so beautiful. The video is stripped back and simple and so pretty. It makes me feel so optimistic. 

"dont look too far right where you are that's where i am"

"they mistook my kindness for weakness, i fucked up i know this"

I drastically underestimated jack antonoff

i am so sorry jack you really did that

I'm kind of wondering why they decided to drop these songs now without much fanfare and not even the album announced or talked about yet? I don't think Lana has ever just released singles without telling us something abut the album unless I am remembering incorrectly. Interesting compared with the build up and big budget music videos we saw with Lust for Life lead singles. 

giphy.gif

I'm kind of wondering why they decided to drop these songs now without much fanfare and not even the album announced or talked about yet? I don't think Lana has ever just released singles without telling us something abut the album unless I am remembering incorrectly. Interesting compared with the build up and big budget music videos we saw with Lust for Life lead singles.

Kind of true. That’s why I’m so curious about Venice Bitch and the visuals she’s gonna serve.

giphy.gif

I do not think This song will be in the album. It is a good song but as I said it does not flow... so she must have liked it very much and they could not come up with more polished version so she decided to release it in all flawed glory...

Interesting to hear the other song

oh sweetie. this is what we thought with Coachella.

Except MAC is actually amazing and should be on the album. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

This song will be on the album surely? It's amazing!

She said it is brought from an upcoming album, no need to worry. It is so amazing I agree! This is the Lana I've needed and wanted. This is another level!  The honesty, vulnerability, lyricism, sound, vibe, everything. 

I must say that what amazes me most, is that pretty much what we wanted is in that song: the folksy acoustic guitar, the psychedelia of UV, the surf touch, the HM sweetness to it, the pre-fame vocals and title... 

A great song indeed. Can't wait to hear Venice Bitch. Maybe it was not released today in order not to have it shadow MAC?

And I am not so surprised by the 2019 release: many artists tend to have long pre-release periods these days (Years and Years had their lead single out in March and the album came out in July, to name just one).