Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

so is this the lead single for LDR6?or just standalone singles?

We don't know for sure because Lana didn't specify if these are standalone or not, but the way she phrased her post "two end of summer jams" make them sound like standalone singles.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Very small chance that these are standalone singles. Lana doesn't typically promote her albums conventionally.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i really think these will go on the album. she announced HBTB the same way

I agree. If these were produced by Rick, or had the same titles of Lust For Life tracks that didn't make the album, then they would be more likely to be random singles. I know we're all skeptical about whether or not a new album is coming any time soon, but I'm sure it's more likely than we think.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i really think these will go on the album. she announced HBTB the same way

But she didn't call them the new singles, she regarded to them as 'end of summer jams'. You think Lana is gonna put songs that were just released because it's the end of summer, on the new album. Unless she pulls a Coachella and just puts them for the fuck of it

R5sPD4M.jpg

She didn't say "end of summer jams that are from an upcoming project/new album", I mean I could totally be wrong but that's just what I predict

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

She didn't say "end of summer jams that are from an upcoming project/new album", I mean I could totally be wrong but that's just what I predict

Her not saying album specifically I think is her playing coy and a way for her to build interest into the project even more. I really think it’s unrealistic that these two tracks will be standalone. That’s just my take though. Hopefully we will find out soon enough though.

I like the snippet of MAC, but I'm hoping the other song is completely different and more upbeat. I was thrilled when I heard she was working with Jack b/c he uses cool beats and the songs, even if sad in content, have a catchy vibe to them (similar to BTD). I like how Lana makes producers flex to her vision, but it also seems weird she would choose to work with someone who has the credits he does if she wasn't planning on doing a bigger, dare I say even pop-like sound (I'm not talking Katy Perry here - more Lykke Li vibish).

Also, I'm not convinced this is for an album yet. But they've been working together for awhile now so I would hate to think it was all this time for two songs............

Also, I don't think MAC is a lead single. Lana is a bit left of center when it comes to the music scene - BUT she's still a big name and she typically releases her most pop/universal sounding song as her lead single (even if the rest of the album sounds nothing like the song i.e. HBTB and Honeymoon album).

My thought is this is a stand alone songs - or maybe MAC is a teaser to the second song, which is the lead single.

Lana is evolving

https://youtu.be/VpzpXaCRrlA

uu429ih6ovlx5ricny1x.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif