Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

i’m trying to figure out where y’all are hearing surf rock influences in the guitar. this sounds to me like she wanted to do 60s/70s stripped back folk style with a pop producer??? lmfao noah fence . i’m still excited to hear tho even tho i’m not really into jack’s style at all . i guess that’s what has me kind of bummed but maybe he’ll make me eat my words, i’m hoping so lol

UbsOye5.png

West Coast video was such a letdown back then after the whole Born To Die\Paradise saga. But at least it was shot for the song itself and not made of other videos that went scrapped so...

I might be biased because I literally became a stan because of West Coast (and Tropico and Old Money but mostly West Coast and Money Power Glory) and this might be an unpopular opinion but the West Coast video is by far my favourite Lana music video and I mean that. It symbolises Ultraviolence so perfectly and fits the song so well, for example in my opinion far better than the Born To Die video fits the song. I didn't got to see the lush productions of BTD and Para before West Coast so it didn't felt like a downgrade at all. Anyways I'm just being petty lol

ZKcaooE.png

I might be biased because I literally became a stan because of West Coast (and Tropico and Old Money but mostly West Coast and Money Power Glory) and this might be an unpopular opinion but the West Coast video is by far my favourite Lana music video and I mean that. It symbolises Ultraviolence so perfectly and fits the song so well, for example in my opinion far better than the Born To Die video fits the song. I didn't got to see the lush productions of BTD and Para before West Coast so it didn't felt like a downgrade at all. Anyways I'm just being petty lol

It makes total sense and I get it hahahahha. It's just that, for people that were here before (and I won't lie that the videos and ~aesthetic~ in general was a Plus for the stanning) we went from like... National Anthem and Ride and Tropico to West Coast and it felt awkward. From real short-movies to a simple music video where pretty much nothing happened.

When I look back at it now, I see it's perfect for the song itself and it was a top-notch introduction for Ultraviolence, but It felt like a letdown back.

the main disappoint of the WC video for me is that it was it was supposed be a big video but her label made her change it to the way it is now because it would've caused a controversy (heavy drug use in the video)

the UV trailer had so many beautiful b&w visuals and they all got cut from the WC video. now the WC video is just her playing on the beach and riding in a car. snore

It makes total sense and I get it hahahahha. It's just that, for people that were here before (and I won't lie that the videos and ~aesthetic~ in general was a Plus for the stanning) we went from like... National Anthem and Ride and Tropico to West Coast and it felt awkward. From real short-movies to a simple music video where pretty much nothing happened.

When I look back at it now, I see it's perfect for the song itself and it was a top-notch introduction for Ultraviolence, but It felt like a letdown back.

the main disappoint of the WC video for me is that it was it was supposed be a big video but her label made her change it to the way it is now because it would've caused a controversy (heavy drug use in the video)

the UV trailer had so many beautiful b&w visuals and they all got cut from the WC video. now the WC video is just her playing on the beach and riding in a car. snore

You both make very fair and valid points. The UV trailer is my favourite produced official video Lana has done. But I think it can be its strength though? Like if WC had a real story behind, I'm not 100% sure it would make sense in the context of the song. Even if the video had ended up being what it was supposed to be, it wouldn't be much different story wise. My only issue with WC video is that if they cut on screen drug use, they could have hinted at it differently; like the black and white part, I would have liked to see some psychedelic colours, thinking of L$D by Rocky

ZKcaooE.png

Or... Mac as in a person as in Mac miller who passed the same day she announced it. Everyone really dies if she references them huh

It's generally so weird, apart from this and the lou reed insident- was there another?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

You both make very fair and valid points. The UV trailer is my favourite produced official video Lana has done. But I think it can be its strength though? Like if WC had a real story behind, I'm not 100% sure it would make sense in the context of the song. Even if the video had ended up being what it was supposed to be, it wouldn't be much different story wise. My only issue with WC video is that if they cut on screen drug use, they could have hinted at it differently; like the black and white part, I would have liked to see some psychedelic colours, thinking of L$D by Rocky

I never even knew about the drug cut to be honest LMAO.

And yes, I LOVE the album trailer ughhh it's flawless. Even the song cuts.

Honeymoon one if amazing as well. And the Lust For Life teaser even thought there was no song... like wow. This is something I hope she'll keep doing for the upcoming records.

I never even knew about the drug cut to be honest LMAO.

And yes, I LOVE the album trailer ughhh it's flawless. Even the song cuts.

Honeymoon one if amazing as well. And the Lust For Life teaser even thought there was no song... like wow. This is something I hope she'll keep doing for the upcoming records.

Absolutely luv the UV Lust album trailers, just imagine if she had did a trailer for BTD (christ it would've been trailer peeeeerfection)

original.gif

I think it's pretty clear that these two songs are indicative of a new record coming. There was that show where she told fans "I really hope you guys like the new music coming out soon." Obviously these have been planned to be released, and she didn't just randomly wake up and decide to release two songs out of nowhere.  

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.