Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

Wasn't "Honeymoon" (the song) released basically out of nowhere before High by The Beach?

Kind of, but we knew about it and that it was coming sooner than later since we got the full lyrics on the tour booklet + she sang some of it at the last date of Endless Summer. Not to mention the brand new Honeymoon account that posted two snippets within days of each other

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

OK....I'm kinda pumped for this.. 

It's not really grunge or psychedelic which were my ideal genres, but those were still some unrealistic expectations that I made up in my head...However, it's really folky and surfy and chill which is all that I wanted other that the 2 things mentioned above, so it's fucking great. 

I love the snippet very much, I like the lack of filters on her voice, I like the melody and the instrumental, and I definetly love the lyrics. Better that some LFL ones for sure. 

The aesthetics are really nice too, vintage, grainy, black and white...Like West Coast but a chiller, more laid back and relaxed version, which is great. 

Now, I think that this song and the other are just some standalone singles to close out the summer as she said, and I also don't think MAC is Yosemite because the notes of the chorus of Yosemite don't really fit into the melody of Mac...She just probably recycled that ''candle in the wind'' lyric, because we all know how Lana recycles lyrics and has the same lyric in a lot of different songs.

Can't wait to see what's next, this definetly got me hooked and it made me not worry for Jack anymore...I had my doubts but he definetly delivered with this production. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Kind of, but we knew about it and that it was coming sooner than later since we got the full lyrics on the tour booklet + she sang some of it at the last date of Endless Summer. Not to mention the brand new Honeymoon account that posted two snippets within days of each other

I think she's going for the "same route" on this one. Probably pushing 2 promo songs and something else coming by the end of the year\early 2019. She always put some promotional singles really next to each other before the official record release ( I know that all the other times we had the titles\record date officially out) but maybe this time they're just taking it slow to see how it goes.

Reminds me of how we got West Coast, a break, and then Brooklyn Baby\Shades Of Cool\ Ultraviolence were all released really close to each other. High By The Beach \ Honeymoon \ Music To Watch Boys To (and I think she played Salvatore on Radio before the album came out?? Memory not working right now lmao).

If MAC comes out with "official video" (which is also not confirmed cuz all that footage tease could be, you know, just teasers), I'm honestly convinced there will be a record out this year. Probably around mid-November.

After all I mean this is the same woman who announced her lead single while tweeting that the leaked song people were promoting (Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight) was actually old af

http://www.idolator.com/7512794/lana-del-rey-new-single-west-coast?chrome=1

Saw a post about this on Instagram that I thought was interesting but haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet on this thread (maybe I’m mistaken but I did skim through it)

It appears “Mariners Apartment Complex” is a play on ‘Maritime Apartment Complex’ where her 2014 “I wish I was dead already” Complex interview took place.

This makes sense with the “you took my sadness out of context” lyric.

Edit: just noticed that someone posted about this in the lyrics thread for this song, but I’ll leave this post up anyway for people who haven’t been checking in that thread

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Saw a post about this on Instagram that I thought was interesting but haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet on this thread (maybe I’m mistaken but I did skim through it)

It appears “Mariners Apartment Complex” is a play on ‘Maritime Apartment Complex’ where her 2014 “I wish I was dead already” Complex interview took place.

This makes sense with the “you took my sadness out of context” lyric.

Edit: just noticed that someone posted about this in the lyrics thread for this song, but I’ll leave this post up anyway for people who haven’t been checking in that thread

Oh wow.

That really had a lasting impact on her it seems :(

So whilst we're talking about singles, can we confirm which songs have actually been released as singles, cos there's so many buzz singles and non single music videos, I get confused :facepalm:

This is how I have it

Video Games

Born To Die

Blue Jeans

National Anthem

Summertime Sadness

Ride

Dark Paradise

West Coast

Ultraviolence

Brooklyn Baby

Black Beauty

High By The Beach

Music To Watch Boys To

Love

Lust For Life

Summer Bummer

Mariners Apartment Complex

Shades of Cool was the second single from Ultraviolence, followed by Brooklyn Baby and the title track, then later by regional exclusive single Black Beauty.

Groupie Love was a double A-side single with Summer Bummer.

Oh wow.

Yeah, I think that interview was the thing that made her apprehensive to do any promotion/interviews/televised performances in the last few years. She was not in a good place and them taking that line and running with it for controversy obviously really hurt her

FzytWEW.png

Oh wow.

I dont know much about it but they must have deliberatley tried to get her to say stuff or make out she meant stuff she didn't mean. Hate when people do that.

Y’all she was probably gonna sing these 2 songs at the Israel concert & announce the new album there. It makes sense promo wise. Announce single, tease single, play live & announce album title, hype builds, drops single + another single to create even more hype. It’s also probably why she was so dead set on Israel as it was literally part of the promotion plan to play there. On top of that, it’d make sense for the other one to be HIAB since she’d be “on tour” their singing to her “babies”.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Y’all she was probably gonna sing these 2 songs at the Israel concert & announce the new album there. It makes sense promo wise. Announce single, tease single, play live & announce album title, hype builds, drops single + another single to create even more hype. It’s also probably why she was so dead set on Israel as it was literally part of the promotion plan to play there. On top of that, it’d make sense for the other one to be HIAB since she’d be “on tour” their singing to her “babies”.

Yes it makes sense but when will you people learn Lana never does promo that makes any sense at all?? She was probably just bored yesterday and was like okay time to give the gays what they want. Every era everyone expects well thought out promo and we just ain't getting it

FzytWEW.png

OH MY GOD THAT MAKES SENSE