Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

thinking about the Cinnamon snippet and i just dont know where it would fit on a record with VB and MAC (sonically)

praying we dont have a half beat-heavy and half airy organic instrumentation again  :crossed:

can she just drop HTD as a single tho

My exact thoughts

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

LFL is a GREAT album up until the point of the acoustic songs. It didn't even make sense since LFL was supposed to be like BTD you know like beat heavy and shit. Also, she should've brought Emile Haynie back to add some additional production and rework (samples, hip hop beats, etc.) to ALL the songs for LFL like he did for BTD. That way it would've sounded way more cohesive like BTD does. Same with Dan Heath and Larry Gold, regarding the iconic orchestral strings.

A bunch of songs off LFL could've made it to radio but the way the singles and promotion was orchestrated was trash.

Blame E* and B*n

Groupie Love is an underrated masterpiece.

LFL is a GREAT album up until the point of the acoustic songs. It didn't even make sense since LFL was supposed to be like BTD you know like beat heavy and shit. Also, she should've brought Emile Haynie back to add some additional production and rework (samples, hip hop beats, etc.) to ALL the songs for LFL like he did for BTD. That way it would've sounded way more cohesive like BTD does. Same with Dan Heath and Larry Gold, regarding the iconic orchestral strings.

A bunch of songs off LFL could've made it to radio but the way the singles and promotion was orchestrated was trash.

Blame E* and B*n

Groupie Love is an underrated masterpiece.

I love Groupie Love SO much  :defeated: it's not even funny I get super emotional when she sings GROUPIE LOOOOOOOOOVE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Okay here's what i think of Lust for Life:

It's not a bad album; far from it actually. In fact it has some of my favourite Lana songs on it. Change, Get Free, Cherry, Love, Heroin, Summer Bummer and Groupie Love are definitely career highlights to me. But album wise, it lacks cohesiveness so much that it shouldn't even be considered an album - but more of a fan made playlist or something. It's so 50/50 in terms of what i love and what i hate. And up against her other albums it's very dissapointing

While it has some of her best songs it also has some of her worst songs ever, it's rotten with filler tracks and the political bullshit is just too fucking annoying and aged badly a day after it was released. Also the fact that the cover is photoshopped feels so unauthentic and fake.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Can someone give a general gist of what is Lana singing about on How To Disappear  :crossed: Read through the lyrics and it just doesn't make any sense to me 

She's singing about the Born To Die girl, who is now 6 years older and wiser   :hooker:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Can someone give a general gist of what is Lana singing about on How To Disappear  :crossed: Read through the lyrics and it just doesn't make any sense to me 

Personally, I feel How To Disappear is about possibly Lana and two guys- I'd view them as her friends. In the first verse she met John at the boulevard, possibly just for a night out but it dissolves into Lana crying about how hard life is. The waves came in over my head, signifying that everything is becoming too much for her to bare. Then she asks John where he's been, possibly alluding to him disappearing from his own struggles. As Lana met other people she felt his presence when others cracked beers. 

Second verse, Jim was training in the training yard and Lana met him. Jim is possibly going to the training yard to forget his struggles, to disappear. So he practices with other guys there, possibly boxing or something. Jim is over his head with his struggles and feels that he can let it out through fighting, as told by Lana through the cuts on his face. Lana tells us that despite his struggles, she loves him and knows that when it really gets heated he can move mountains, alluding that it's possible for Jim to get over his issues. But at this time he's getting high from the fights he's getting himself into-- disappearing into the heat of the moment. 

The bridge is when Lana solidifies her thoughts on disappearing. She grew up in New York but now she has matured, has kids and cats in California, and is possibly writing a memoir, in which she is constantly thinking back to NY and her past and how all her friends and herself always tried disappearing from negative thoughts. But now she is at peace and is saying to us that she's content. She doesn't want to disappear anymore. And telling John and Jim that no matter what they do, she'll be right there for them. 

source.gif source.gif

tumblr_n0tcjgb4GX1rvrrwyo1_250.gif

Oh, so the iconic: ''reported. thank you.'' transformed into Meryl Streep dramatic gifs? Not mad about it at all 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I would really love that but...

Everytime I read ''Yosemite'' I sigh heavily and roll my eyes. Wtf guys? Yosemite is dead, sorry to say it (it didn't even sound that good)   :oopna:

Guys just let go... Yosemite is dead and burried. You will only listen to that song if she decides to release that unreleased album she talked about (or if someone leaks it lmao), until then Yosemite will rot in Lana's basement along with Roses Bloom For You, Life Is Beautiful and many others  :creep:

Say this buffoonery shit again you're gonna be rotting in a basement with Life is Beautiful

Guys just let go... Yosemite is dead and burried. You will only listen to that song if she decides to release that unreleased album she talked about (or if someone leaks it lmao), until then Yosemite will rot in Lana's basement along with Roses Bloom For You, Life Is Beautiful and many others  :creep:

it's not dead yet! not until the tracklist comes out

giphy.gif

what if yosemite sucks

My exact thoughts. This hype builds the song up to a Godly level, but what if its just a song that is in the same vein as TNC? or BPBP? the release or non release really will never affect me because i'm positive that if she wanted us to truly hear it we would have had a snippet right now of the real song and not a teaser of the lyrics at a live event. UNLESS, she feels that the song makes her vulnerable and she realizes that she wants to save that song for when she really reaches that happiness she talks about in yosemite. be patient.

BTW, do you prefer the acoustic or the real version of HTD?

giphy.gif

what if yosemite sucks

@@Elle is there a dislike option besides the report command