Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Which do you think is the best way to listen the album for the first time ?

HQ headphones or loud speakers?

With LFL,I picked headphones but since its the first listen and you get it the vibe of the album more than relating to it or paying attention to the lyrics,I think speakers will do for me with NFR..

What do u think?

Headphones for me. Since HM, I listen to her albums in headphones the first times and it is magical. Each one of her songs is always layered with so many musical subtleties and I can only pick them out after a few listens with headphones. VB is perfect that way. Sure, I listen to it in the car, but the first few minutes sound so much more intimate directly in my ears.

With LFL,I picked headphones but since its the first listen and you get it the vibe of the album more than relating to it or paying attention to the lyrics,I think speakers will do for me with NFR..

What do u think?

I have this tradition of listening to Lana's albums by just driving out to nowhere, listening to the tracks real loud late at night. So, speakers. Best! 

UV/Honeymoon

I guess going back to the whole speaker/headphones thing. I've kinda been wondering. I mean HM is perfect by-the-pool music, Paradise during sunset. UV by the beach, Lfl around desolate areas, or tourist-packed ones. and don't get me wrong, bc I mean Venice is great for yeah, venice beach, but I've been really wondering about what kind of world she'll sort of catapult us into when the record comes. 

The piano ballads are great, and Jack's production so far's been nice to listen to from/w/ MAC and VB,but I'm kinda wondering if we'll get another beachy feel album, but just for the Winter instead. I mean granted, it's always flippin hot in CA, but idk when it's Winter there's still that coldness in the air, the gloom, and how the light shines from broken clouds all that. God I think I just hyped myself for an album months away

Idk I'm kinda hoping for vibes like these: or something like Keane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGY_qkQJNS4

UV/Honeymoon

What do u think?

Headphones always, I hate listening to music on speakers... I just do that when I'm in the shower  :legend:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Headphones always, I hate listening to music on speakers... I just do that when I'm in the shower  :legend:

I get that, it kinda enriches the whole inner world play on the music. I kinda like doing the same by just having the music play in the background, bonus points if it's got a kind of natural echo. Idk there's just something freeing about going wild w the music all loud, and u think the world's yours for an hour u know? 

UV/Honeymoon

Quickly posting so I'm on the 300th page as well :P And I know damn well I won't have the patience to listen on headphones, I'll probably listen on my messed up mac speakers or on my ipod very low if I'm in class lol

ZKcaooE.png

What do u think?

Headphones, I notice more the little details, and it’s more private.

I’d love to go to a special place for the first Listen but I always just give in and listen in the second it’s released lmao

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

3 hunnid like the romans

Venice Bitch is really such a perfect song...glad she decided to release as a “single”

I'm immensely grateful that she released it so I could enjoy (love) it for months, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to first hear it on the album and be completely shook to the core, not knowing what to expect at all and judging it for its name when the tracklist gets known. :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I’m still confused about what the lead single is. Is Mariners Apartment Complex the lead single? Are both MAC and Venice Bitch the lead singles because they were both released within a week? Is a double lead single even a thing? Is the lead single even released yet?

qfrWuBl.png

What do u think?

I love to use my earphones because I can pick up all the little background sounds that my speakers can't

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Definetly headphones over speakers any time. It's much more intimate and special in your ear and you can hear so many details and layers and the overall experience it's so good! I love those moments when you can hear Lana's tongue clicking while she sings particular words. She's our ASMR queen. 

Also, happy to be on the 300th page lol 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

What do u think?

Headphones 99% of the time. Also I just want to say that Honeymoon sounds heavenly with headphones on, especially if you're laying down for bed (or high).

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

AG is overrated. She's got a great voice but all she does is show off and oversing, which kind of makes her unenjoyable to listen to

shes technically not that great of a singer tbh, she strains a lot and has enunciation issues I mean she has talent vocally and I say this as unbiased as I can because I dislike her but not in the technical aspect if that makes sense so we really shouldnt put her up there as the standard.

Her tone is also rather generic but thats a subjective comment.